RIP John Heard

Dadrian

"Larry Thurmond" from One Way Ticket has passed at 72 years old. ;(

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

Bummer! I loved that character.   FYI, he was the ONLY person on 'Vice to drive a REAL Daytona

Great final scene at the end of that episode where Crockett "pretends" to shoot him

• Like 1

Heard was 72? damn thought he was a bit younger...RIP. One way ticket is brilliant and he was great in it. He was good in the scorsese's "After Hours" too.

• Like 1

I was surprised to hear this. And only 72 when he passed away? That's young in this day and age. RIP

Edited by summer84

Unbelievable...we lost so many great actors this year! Miguel Ferrer, Bill Paxton and now him...very sad.

I remember him from Cat People (1982) and 187 (1997).

I will always remember him as Thurmond in one of my favorite eps, as he struggled with his role as defense counsel for a crime boss, knowing full well his clients' culpability in many crimes and even homicides. But he had a conscience.....rare for attorneys I know. (kidding)  Great character actor with quite the resume on ImDb. Saw him recently in CSI Miami.

6 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

Bummer! I loved that character.   FYI, he was the ONLY person on 'Vice to drive a REAL Daytona

Great final scene at the end of that episode where Crockett "pretends" to shoot him

Well Sonny did get to sit in a real one in Brothers Keeper.

Very heartbreaking. He was a fantastic actor who had very good roles on two of my favorite shows (Vice of course and as Vin Makazian on the first season of The Sopranos) and was one of those "that guy" actors showing up in a lot of movie roles of various sizes and making the best of even weaker material. Although it's been a long while since I've seen it I also remember him well in Paul Schrader's remake of Cat People.

R.I.P. John. 

5 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Well Sonny did get to sit in a real one in Brothers Keeper.

Yep, by John Heard was the only person to ever actually drive one on the MV series .  How crazy, huh?

The scene in "One Way Ticket" is one that is very memorable to me. John Heard will be surely missed.

• Administrators

Sad news, RIP! 

"Aw the hell with it. You wanna be dead? Bang, you're dead"

I'll probably never watch that scene the same again, or at least for a while.