Rip John Heard "one way ticket"

cigarette

;(

I first remember John Heard from the MV episode...but I also greatly remember him as the psycho husband of Goldie Hawn in the 1991 thriller Deceived. Great actor...RIP!! 

• Like 3

Everyone else was talking about the dad from "Home Alone" passing away, my first thought upon initially seeing the headline was, "Oh, man, Laurence Thurmond from 'One Way Ticket' passed away."  RIP, John Heard...

• Like 1

Thurmond has ultimately taken his 'Last Flight', this time with a genuine 'One way ticket'.  Very sad to see another great actor pass away.

John Heard's ex alleges he might have died from an accidental overdose of pain killers. Sounds familiar. WTF? Can't someone finally coach these celebs how to safely take prescription medicine? how hard can it be? They all have assistants and private doctors, so how could this ever happen?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, daytona365 said:

Thurmond has ultimately taken his 'Last Flight', this time with a genuine 'One way ticket'.  Very sad to see another great actor pass away.

John Heard's ex alleges he might have died from an accidental overdose of pain killers. Sounds familiar. WTF? Can't someone finally coach these celebs how to safely take prescription medicine? how hard can it be? They all have assistants and private doctors, so how could this ever happen?

I read that as well and apparently he was in a lot of pain prior to back surgery just days before his death, and was taking pain meds after. Suppose it is possible to over medicate oneself by taking a few more pills than were prescribed, but who knows here.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

1 hour ago, daytona365 said:

Good points! However I think sometimes our bodies get so used to the pain killers if we're  taking them regularly, that we have to start taking more than usual to totally kill the pain. If we're not careful we eventually take too much...without meaning to.

46 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

What is weird is that I watched this episode days after he died and I was like, "No way, that is John Heard!"  RIP

RIP John Heard a fine actor and great MV guest star 

I also believe he was friends with Don Johnson and would go on fishing trips Don said in 2003:hippie:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

RIP John Heard a fine actor and great MV guest star 

I also believe he was friends with Don Johnson and would go on fishing trips Don said in 2003:hippie:

Never knew this! Thanks, Matt! :thumbsup:

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

Wherever that may have started... :)

fishing.jpg

• Like 1