Miami Vice reboot happening for real now?

Daytona74

• Administrators

The creator of it is in the Vice Lounge and posted it there a month ago. This screenshot was taken back in early July.

Screenshot_2017-07-05-00-21-20.png

Apparently he was interested in selling them if he could get $900 for them. 

They are awesome!  The detail work on the faces and hair is amazing.  I've seen other C&T action figures/replicas/customized dolls, etc., but these are the best as far as really capturing the look of the original characters as portrayed by DJ and PMT.   

• Like 1

Awesome figures, as I stated before...although Tubbs needs a gun too. ;) Would love to have a set...but NOT for $900!!! :o Although the faces aren't "perfect"...for that kind of money I'll stick with my Mezco action figures. I have a house and a Camaro I'm paying on. :funky:

Edited by ViceFanMan

7 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Awesome figures, as I stated before...although Tubbs needs a gun too. ;) Would love to have a set...but NOT for $900!!! :o Although the faces aren't "perfect"...for that kind of money I'll stick with my Mezco action figures. I have a house and a Camaro I'm paying on. :funky:

$900???? 

Dude...and I'm out here trying to pay for my Mustang and 3D software...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

MV tv show gave an innocent audience a peek into the dark world of drugs in glamorous Miami.  It was far, far more than just a TV show.  It was what was happening, it was that secret world everyone wanted to be part of.  Now there's nothing to rebel against which is was the whole cocaine/party till you drop/i'm invincible world of the fabulous eighties.  Now we know the damage of drug addiction and ramifications of cocaine that last well past saturday night. It was the party of a lifetime but its over.

The only thing that might...repeat might work is one off ep. w/ the original cast.  You simply can't recreate that magic that accidentally happened back then.  I'm sooo glad I was part of it. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Assasinge said:

Speaking of this thread...any news on the reboot? Haven't heard since August...

Nope, there hasn't been anything since August. Go ask Vin Diesel. :) 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, James said:

Nope, there hasn't been anything since August. Go ask Vin Diesel. :) 

Was he planning on playing Crockett or Tubbs?   :D

7 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Lol!! :) Actually I think he was producing it but not necessarily starring in it. I haven’t heard, seen, or read hide-nor-hair about this in months either. It’s probably already been scrapped. :p 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, timm525 said:

Gina. 

But on the serious note - He isn't starring in it, as ViceFanMan said he's a part of the production team, I think it might've been his idea. Maybe he'll guest star in a few episodes.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Lol!! :) Actually I think he was producing it but not necessarily starring in it. I haven’t heard, seen, or read hide-nor-hair about this in months either. It’s probably already been scrapped. :p 

Sounds like the reboot of the Bren Ten by VLTOR. Got everyone all excited and then dropped the project. At least people didn't but deposits down on the movie!

• Like 1

You simply can't recapture the vibe of Vice. It had a feel like no other show at the time that has set the precedent for many shows to emulate since. I have to agree with others that this will be a disaster. I'll probably give it a chance just to see how it turned out, but to so wrongly resurrect Miami Vice is a mortal sin in my eyes. Especially if it's set in modern-day Miami, 2018. Music is shit these days. Fashion is shit. So are most modern actors. I wish this whole thing gets nixed.

• Like 4

Conroy you nailed it dead center!  Music, fashion, music fashion videos ALL gelled. It was all so cool and glamorous.   Every guy idolized wearing some incredibly cool clothes cruisin hot women in a Porsche or Daytona Spider. Now dudes idolize being a blue collar white trash hick w/ a hillbilly beard driving his six kids in a painfully boring marriage around in a F$#'in pickup truck!

I'd give anything to have a time machine set to 1984.  It was such a fun time.  Everyone's main goal was where they were going THAT night.  No one gave a shit about tomorrow.  It was all about TONITE and having as much fun as possible THAT night.  Nothing else mattered.  W/out a doubt THE most superficial time in history....and it was incredible.

Edited by PalmTree
  • Like 1

Michael Mann tried the same reboot of sorts w/ his 1960's cop show CRIME STORY  and it failed too.    Even Mann couldn't recreate the same 60's vibe as Diesel won't be able to recreate the same flashy glam 80's vibe.  It just doesn't work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_Story_(TV_series)

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/84545455/

Edited by PalmTree

Crime Story is one of the greatest shows ever. Fantastic show.

Crime Story and Wiseguy (esp. Steelgrave) did the mob TV series over a decade before the Sopranos. And I think Crime Story had much better actors than the actors on The Sopranos. Just look at the list of actors that appeared on Crime Story. And I like how the gangsters on Crime Story and Wiseguy were much bigger and much more powerful than the gangsters on The Sopranos.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PalmTree said:

Michael Mann tried the same reboot of sorts w/ his 1960's cop show CRIME STORY  and it failed too.    Even Mann couldn't recreate the same 60's vibe as Diesel won't be able to recreate the same flashy glam 80's vibe.  It just doesn't work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_Story_(TV_series)

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/84545455/

2 minutes ago, tigerstripe said:

I loved Crime Story when it first aired! Very edgy at the time!:)

Also many "Vice" regulars guest starred.:)

I too loved Crime Story...I don’t know though, other shows have created a “vibe” of past decades—such as Mad Men, as it was set in the 60s. I think it has more to do with how the shows are marketed, what night & time they’re put on, and what kind of chance they’re given.

Too many times if shows don’t immediately have that iconic type popularity (like MV or CSI) they cancel them—instead of working with them to see how they can truly work. The sitcom Cheers had some of the worst ratings in TV history in its 1st season!! But, the network “tweaked” it, worked with it, and gave it a chance...and we all know it became one of the most popular & iconic 80s sitcoms in TV history.

In my opinion Crime Story could have worked...but NBC has always been somewhat known for canceling shows if they aren’t instant hits. :evil:

VFanMan you nailed it too.  Crime Story makes Sopranos look like a small town amateur theater production of THE GODFATHER.  Seinfeld was dead last in its first season & was damn near not nenewed.  MV was just magic.  The right show at the right time.  MTV & MV were like Colonel Tom Parker & Elvis.  The right combination at the right time.  All MV essentially was was a really long music video.  Flashy as hell w/ just barely enough substance to form plot & characters around which could perpetuate themselves for a few seasons of dramatic television.  No one, not even MIchael Mann or Brandon Tartikoff could have remotely guessed how MV just exploded into popular culture. There weren't even big budget box office movies that could touch MV in its first three seasons.  It still amazes me how anyone w/a $50 television set w/ rabbit ears could on friday night in 1984-87 tune in into a free television show that now thirty-freakin' years later was better than literally anything ever before or after it.  Every SOB in the entertainment world wanted to guest star on MV.  In those days appearing on TV was the kiss of death for a movie star but even they wanted a guest spot on MV.  It never happened because it would have overshadowed the incredibly relevant plots MV eps were centered around.  Hell, even DJ's HEARTBEAT music album did good.  It was just the right incredible show at the right time.

https://www.beamly.com/tv-film/seinfeld-almost-didnt-survive/

• Like 1