Daytona74

Miami Vice reboot happening for real now?

Recommended Posts

Tony D.
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, ViceFanMan said:

 

Exactly!! Some of the 60-70 year olds are still doing some action scenes too--Harrison Ford, Tom Selleck, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc...to name a few. They're not gray haired old fogeys with canes. They still look good! :dance2: 

But yeah Don was a hard drinker and heavy smoker earlier on...but I think he quit smoking while MV was still on. Don't know about the alcohol...hope he's cut down. But either way, he looks amazing for what he put his body through...he could still play an older Crockett...and along with Tubbs they are now LTs in charge of a unit. They could now be the "patriarchs" that oversee everything...like Tom Selleck is on Blue Bloods. :thumbsup:

This is how I feel!  It has to be done very soon before it will be too late!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge
Just now, Tony D. said:

This is how I feel!  It has to be done very soon before it will be too late!

I think, it might already be too late in some cases....

 

Also how will they bring DJ or PMT back in their original roles if they left the PD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony D.
4 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

I think, it might already be too late in some cases....

 

Also how will they bring DJ or PMT back in their original roles if they left the PD?

They come back from retirement in cameo roles as advisors to the younger vice cops. It can be done with some good writers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge
39 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

They come back from retirement in cameo roles as advisors to the younger vice cops. It can be done with some good writers!

I suppose you have a point there...we just need good writers. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
4 hours ago, Assasinge said:

I think, it might already be too late in some cases....

 

Also how will they bring DJ or PMT back in their original roles if they left the PD?

Never say never! ;)

Actually the show ended leaving you hanging...we never knew for sure if Crockett & Tubbs left Vice or not? After all, Castillo tells them to "think about it". 

They could explain them taking time off but ultimately they decide to stay, for whatever reasons. In the present they now are in Castillo's role/s...who is actually retired but offers advice and still helps out with his CIA/DEA connections. :baby:

I've read some possibilities that they might have Crockett's son Billy as the new main character...now an adult and following in his father's footsteps. This might work, but they'd still need Crockett and Tubbs as "stability" and the patriarchs helping keep things "together". 

Wonder whatever happened to Clayton Barclay Jones? Maybe this could be a new jump-start for his career. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
13 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Actually the show ended leaving you hanging...we never knew for sure if Crockett & Tubbs left Vice or not? After all, Castillo tells them to "think about it". 

The end suggested that Sonny retired somewhere further south like The Keys, and Rico went back up to New York. It's unknown whether Rico went back to the NYPD or became a PI or something like that though. 

But they could've felt bored and incomplete and decided to come back? "He'll be back, hell, this is the sunshine state"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
1 hour ago, James said:

The end suggested that Sonny retired somewhere further south like The Keys, and Rico went back up to New York. It's unknown whether Rico went back to the NYPD or became a PI or something like that though. 

But they could've felt bored and incomplete and decided to come back? "He'll be back, hell, this is the sunshine state"

It kinda-sorta gave you that impression...but also left you hanging...not really sure what they did or what happened to them?? ?( Then the very last scene is the last scene of the Pilot...where it's understood that Sonny & Rico would be working together. There's all kinds of scenarios they could implement of how they're still in Miami, if the reboot (if the reboot ever actually comes to be :p) does include Crockett and Tubbs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

It kinda-sorta gave you that impression...but also left you hanging...not really sure what they did or what happened to them?? ?( Then the very last scene is the last scene of the Pilot...where it's understood that Sonny & Rico would be working together. There's all kinds of scenarios they could implement of how they're still in Miami, if the reboot (if the reboot ever actually comes to be :p) does include Crockett and Tubbs. 

Ah true. And I agree that any reboot should and must include them. It's the only way to do it in my opinion. To have a new Sonny and Rico would just be like the movie all over again, would basically be the movie in TV format. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincent Hanna

I'm gonna run with the idea of a new show inspired by Miami Vice, so how about La Paz Vice?:D A Netflix show about a small American Taskforce operating in Bolivia to investigate the drug trade. It would be shot on location in Bolivia and visually would look like the film "Sicario".

In one of the early episodes, the team needs someone who knows about the local area, so in a small town in the middle of nowhere they come across a washed up, bounty hunter dude who does odd jobs and helps out the locals. etc You can guess where i'm going with this... Lo and Behold it's James Sonny Crockett, whom is virtually unrecognisable. We know who it is but the characters don't so Crockett agrees to show them around the area and when drug traffickers kill some of the local people that he knew, he temporarily joins the team.

In one episode the trail leads them to Miami where they learn that a big shipment is coming in, so they intercept it and pose as the dealers so they can find out exactly who it's going to. Crockett volunteers to be the guy to go undercover, much to the befuddlement of the rest of the unit and for the first and only time in the show do we see Crockett wearing the classic white suit and driving the Daytona Spyder. Crockett goes to the meet and one of the buyers is...DUN dun DUN Tubbs undercover, the scene would play similarly to Brother's Keeper.

I haven't got all the details worked out but the end of the season would have the unit introspect on the futility of their mission and they decide to quit the force. They throw their badges into the sea like Dirty Harry and they all go partying with Crockett and Tubbs and live happily ever after.:easter:

Beat that Vin Diesel:cool: xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74

Maybe Tubbs came back to Miami after realizing that being a PI in New York wasn't as glamorous a gig as chasing drug dealers in Miami while wearing $600 suits... :)

Maybe he grudgingly returned to the Dade County police force a year later. With Castillo killed in the line of duty, Tubbs eventually became the new lieutenant at the OCB.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge
21 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

With Castillo killed in the line of duty, Tubbs eventually became the new lieutenant at the OCB.

 

Nonsense! Castillo is a God! He cannot be killed, instead, those who stare into his eyes suffer a fateful death just hours, days, months etc. later. He is the ultimate form of human being!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74

just going by what EJO said in an interview ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James

You know, the show was supposed to be a semi-realistic take on an undercover cop. It's a dark world out there, so at least one of the original characters would have had to be killed in the line of duty in the past 27 years. And EJO probably wouldn't be interested in making an appearance, therefore they should have his character be killed as a hero.

Back story for Billy Crockett, in 2001 after 9/11 - 23 year old Billy joins the army and goes to the middle east to fight, comes home and joins Miami PD, climbs the ranks. Castillo invites him to join the Vice squad and follow in his fathers footsteps. Then Castillo is killed somehow. And Gina is the Lt now because Tubbs is still in New York. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge
43 minutes ago, James said:

 Then Castillo is killed somehow.

I mean, there have been several gunpoint encounters Castillo has encountered so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74
vor 55 Minuten schrieb James:

Tubbs is still in New York. 

Hm... maybe Tubbs comes back down to Miami because Angelina begs for his help in putting an end to her son's illegal ways, because he built an all new drug empire from his inheritance... or whatever was left of the 42 million dollars after U.S. authorities were through seizing assets and ill gotten gains... :p  you know, maybe Calderone had five million of it tucked away in an offshore account that eluded the Feds...

Or, Rico Jr. joined the police force himself and has a younger half brother, Estebán Jr.  And Rico's half brother rebuilt the Calderone empire, and when Rico Jr. is nearly killed by Estebán Jr., Tubbs comes down from New York and meets with Angelina again and the two begin to sort out the fighting between their sons.

 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Assasinge:

I mean, there have been several gunpoint encounters Castillo has encountered so...

So? Look at Zito. He survived a few gun fights, and yet, they got to him eventually.

Edited by Daytona74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Hm... maybe Tubbs comes back down to Miami because Angelina begs for his help in putting an end to her son's illegal ways, because he built an all new drug empire from his inheritance... or whatever was left of the 42 million dollars after U.S. authorities were through seizing assets and ill gotten gains... :p  you know, maybe Calderone had five million of it tucked away in an offshore account that eluded the Feds...

Or, Rico Jr. joined the police force himself and has a younger half brother, Estebán Jr.  And Rico's half brother rebuilt the Calderone empire, and when Rico Jr. is nearly killed by Estebán Jr., Tubbs comes down from New York and meets with Angelina again and the two begin to sort out the fighting between their sons.

 

So? Look at Zito. He survived a few gun fights, and yet, they got to him eventually.

Angelina's dead though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan

Interesting ideas, everyone! But, if they do include original cast members I don't want any of them killed or supposedly already dead (example: Castillo). We already went through that crap with Zito's death! :thumbsdown: If they don't want to be in the new show, fine....just have them retired or moved onto something else, and explain it away that way. 

Angelina is dead, do she cannot be involved...but including Billy Crockett and Tubbs' son as new cast members is a good idea! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74

Oops, yeah, sorry... my mistake... of course Angelina is dead.

That complicates things for the kind of storyline I was trying to put together :p

Well maybe Ricardo Calderone has rebuilt the Calderone organization in recent years. Tubbs didn't even know his son was still alive, but when Ricardo Calderone becomes an increasing problem for Miami-Dade police and grows from relatively unknown mid-weight dealer to main kingpin (he would be 32 now), Billy Crockett, who now works as a Miami-Dade Vice cop, studies the old files and realizes that he is the son of Tubbs. Maybe, as in the pilot, Rico Calderone is simply known as "The Colombian" or some other nickname, before somebody puts a name on him, so the connection isn't immediately obvious.

So then Tubbs learns for the first time that his son is still alive, and comes down from New York to help bring down the new Calderone organization. And while Tubbs is in Miami, he also pays Sonny Crockett a visit, who is enjoying retirement on a house boat in a quiet corner of the Florida Keys and still has a side job of offering guided fishing tours... ;)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge

You know...y'all folks keep speculating on the story and cast and whatnot but...what about the intro?? What will they do to our beloved intro?... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74

Yeah, the intro... are they going to keep the original logo (Michael Mann himself didn't in 2006)? Will they do a similar montage of Miami landmarks?

I'm more worried about the theme tune, tbh. That could go very wrong if they let the wrong people handle it. It's probably going to end up as some heavily distorted chopped up electronica dubstep mess, if they are going to base it on the original theme at all.

Jan Hammer wasn't approached at all by Michael Mann to do the 2006 movie,  so it's likely they won't be bothering with him this time around either. 

 

EDIT: We also haven't talked about the kind of car that two new vice detectives will be driving. In the 2006 movie, Colin Ferrell drove a pretty nondescript silver Ferrari. I think they should do better than that in the new series. Let them drive a Ferrari convertible again, but pick one that's a little more like the old Daytona. I just looked on Ferrari's official web site, the current "California T" model looks pretty handsome, and definitely like it could do the trick.

design-intro-800x450.jpg

Of course, with black paint and tan seats. Just picture it... :cool:

Maybe get Ferrari in on it, and if the new series does well, as unlikely as that is, Ferrari could market a limited edition of the California T in black and tan as the "Miami Vice Special". Just like Wellcraft did with the Scarabs back in the day...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
8 hours ago, Assasinge said:

You know...y'all folks keep speculating on the story and cast and whatnot but...what about the intro?? What will they do to our beloved intro?... 

Well...both the Knight Rider and Charlie's Angels reboots did pay some homage to the original series' themes. The new Hawaii Five-0 show (which I love both the original and the new one) also has an updated & superb version of the original 5-0 theme! :thumbsup: So, if a MV reboot does actually come to be, hopefully it too will have some tribute to the original Jan Hammer theme!  But, who knows? :funky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vicegirl85
9 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

(snipped)

And while Tubbs is in Miami, he also pays Sonny Crockett a visit, who is enjoying retirement on a house boat in a quiet corner of the Florida Keys and still has a side job of offering guided fishing tours... ;)

I have to admit, I always imagined that Crockett started doing deep-sea fishing excursions somewhere in the Keys after leaving Vice... or maybe even further south...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
2 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Here's another article published yesterday: https://www.google.com/amp/www.christianpost.com/amp/vin-diesels-production-company-developing-miami-vice-reboot-on-nbc-194334/

 

Man they should just stop this before it become a disaester.

That's pretty much the info I've been reading about it, too. Although I have read once somewhere that one possible idea is to have Billy Crockett the new main character (or one of them). They'll probably go ahead with it...I'll watch the Pilot just to see what it's like...and then if none of the original cast or odes to the original show are included, I probably won't continue. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge
38 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

...I'll watch the Pilot just to see what it's like...and then if none of the original cast or odes to the original show are included, I probably won't continue. 

Ditto here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now