Leap of Crap

Assasinge

Just got around to the end of Season 5 and came across this episode called "Leap of Faith"...what the hell is this? We see Crockett for about 3 minutes after the intro, then that's it? What is this, some bad spin off series they were trying to initiate or something? This episode was worse than the science fiction episodes they threw down the lines every now and then....hell, at least they had to cast actually in it, right? Ugh.

I think DJ was working on a movie or something at this time. It was a failed attempt at a spinoff. 

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I think DJ was working on a movie or something at this time. It was a failed attempt at a spinoff. 

And I can definitely see why...haha. The acting was pretty subpar, the whole episode felt very rushed...what a joke. And even if it did get ordered on for however many episodes it was supposed to, who the hell would watch it without any of the original cast??

3 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

And I can definitely see why...haha. The acting was pretty subpar, the whole episode felt very rushed...what a joke. And even if it did get ordered on for however many episodes it was supposed to, who the hell would watch it without any of the original cast??

The spinoff idea was as useless as the current reboot idea. All this stuff gives me the creeps.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I don't know if filming was on going for Dead-Bang when this episode was shot, may have already been in the can, but I do remember talking to DJ at a Lorimar Film Entertainment function around the time the episode would have been filmed in early 89. The function was in LA.

The ex was working for one of the principles on an asset issue at the time.

Whether they were actually serious about a potential spinoff or not - it was done half-heartedly, and  it was no surprise that a spinoff TV series never materialized.

And Don Johnson's "cameo" at the beginning of the episode only adds insult to injury. If you are going to usher in a new outfit of vice detectives, then at least don't do it like, "alright, here's 43 minutes of the episode still to go, she's all yours".

• Like 1