Equipment visible

Daytona74

So overall, they did a pretty good job keeping filming equipment out of shot, if you disregard the shop window scene in the pilot.

But so far I have found two other instances of equipment visible that did make it into the final cut:

From "Buddies", shadow of a boom mic in the top right corner:

equipment2.jpg

From "Payback", shadow of camera equipment on Crockett's back during the fight with Cates on the boat:

equipment1.jpg

The second one is maybe slightly iffy. It could just be the shadow of one of the lights that are mounted on the overhead bar of the boat, as seen in other shots of that scene. But I think I see the lens hood of a film camera, and the left arm of the guy operating it, with a wrist watch... :)

Have you guys spotted any other "equipment visible" shots?

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

Great idea for a topic!

In The Good Collar when the the car is blown up with a grenade launcher, Crockett & Tubbs are sitting in a diner which we know was fake.  I believe we can see the top of the set for a moment:

goodcollarset.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• Administrators

There was a scene where you could see the microphone boom in shot but I forgot which episode it's in. 

For a show which was professionally written and edited, it was shot so amateurly sometimes. :) 

1 hour ago, James said:

There was a scene where you could see the microphone boom in shot but I forgot which episode it's in. 

For a show which was professionally written and edited, it was shot so amateurly sometimes. :) 

When Irish Eyes Are Crying. Bottom right.

MV-HD-1.jpg

• Like 3

vor 7 Stunden schrieb codemaster94:

When Irish Eyes Are Crying. Bottom right.

MV-HD-1.jpg

ouch... :p

Michael Mann was barely gone for a few weeks, and that happened...:)

In the car chase in "Down for the count II" when one of the cars flips, It slides too far across the street on it's roof and the camera follows it to the point where you can see the whole production crew in the background. That's forgivable though for an awesome stunt.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

ouch... :p

Michael Mann was barely gone for a few weeks, and that happened...:)

This was the 2nd episode filmed, El Viejo was the 1st episode of Season 3 filmed.

yeah, the light truck... but I think it's not immediately obvious to the viewer that that light truck is part of the filming equipment, if you know what I mean...

Sometimes, road construction workers have light trucks similar to that one when they work at night.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb codemaster94:

This was the 2nd episode filmed, El Viejo was the 1st episode of Season 3 filmed.

That's why I said, Michael Mann was barely gone for a few weeks... ;)

ok and this one I just read about on wikia.com... cameraman's shadow on Tubbs's back at the end of "Out Where The Buses Don't Run":

equipment3.jpg

Edited by Daytona74

There are a bunch of these "goofs", one that comes to mind is in "Like A Hurricane" where Crockett is giving his "I'm getting married" speech.  A boom microphone is clearly visible in the upper right-hand corner (even in the 4 X 3 standard definition version!).    

Edited by mvnyc

4 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

In the car chase in "Down for the count II" when one of the cars flips, It slides too far across the street on it's roof and the camera follows it to the point where you can see the whole production crew in the background. That's forgivable though for an awesome stunt.

count1.png

count2.png

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

count1.png

count2.png

Ah wasn't talking about that one but that's cool too. :thumbsup:

After that when Crockett's playing chicken with another car, it flips over and you can see the crew. 597a791845197_ScreenShot2017-07-28at00_34_40.png.b76203a3d34b1f8c7c6e37ae5112a4da.png

• Like 2

vor 18 Minuten schrieb jenny:

Look in the back of Crockett's boat....there is a crew member in the back!   Haha!      someone wanted to go for a ride :)597bc794d5f9b_ScreenShot2017-07-28at6_22_18PM.thumb.png.220571c15c4f81db7284238248b710cb.png

oh well, Don was probably just giving that crew member a ride home... :)

I'm trying to find an episode right now where you've got a big fat reflection of the camera rig in the door of the Daytona while Don is getting in or out. I thought it was Phil the Shill, where Crockett reminds Zito and Switek that they're working a double shift, but I was wrong... just checked...

Edited by Daytona74

vor 47 Minuten schrieb jenny:

actually, that was Tubb's, taking off in Crockett's boat after the cops busted the deal going down... I just remembered!

That explains it... Tubbs was new to Miami after all... he needed somebody to show him the way, decades before Google Maps... :)

This one is visible crew rather than equipment.  In Definitely Miami when Crockett first takes Callie to the safehouse, at the start of the scene we see the ceiling fan going at full speed and a crew member's hand can be seen yanking the string twice to turn it down to a slower setting.

fan1.png

fan2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• Administrators

They must've been strapped for time so kept it rolling instead of redoing the scene.

I saw this while watching at the gym.. season 1 episode 18 "Made For Each Other."

If you look closely at the door as they get out the car, youh casn see the camera crew reflecting on the passenger door. It looks like a square reflector screen!

:D

20170731_183815.png

Edited by jenny
  • Like 1