Your favorite one liners from the show?

mirrorimageegamirorrim

There are so many I could quote. However, since I want to see if anybody else mentions the same ones I love, I'm only to mention one right now: 

From "No Exit", when Tony Amato's guy, Gentle, says in reference to the stinger missile, "Any knucklehead with a GED can light one up."  :)

Edited by mirrorimageegamirorrim
  • Like 1

Countless brilliant one-liners to choose from... :p

"Personally, I don't care wheter you live or die. My job is to keep you alive. Your choice"

- from Lombard, my all-time favorite episode :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I really love Izzy's remarks. "This man plunges himself into the murky waters of the underworld... to risk life and limb to try and stem the crime flow... and keep us all from drowning in a cesspool of lawlessness... susussudia!"     "Whatever Works" episode. 

"Never argue with a cop" - Gina in "Bought and Paid for"

"You think you can handle it" - also Gina can't remember the episode right now Edit: "Bought and Paid for", I think

"Read my bible" - Trudy in El Viejo

"You treat your body like an amusement park" - Trudy in "The Big Thaw"

"You're a poet Rico," and "My mama knows that!" - Crockett and Tubbs had to throw that one in :)

"Read a book sometime" - Tubbs in "Made for Each other"

"Alligator darling," AL-LI-GATOR! - Crockett 

"Now you know what I'm thinking, think about it" - Costellada in "Made for Each other"

Randomly listed, there is just too many good ones! 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

"You must take me for a right wanker, son!"

- Phil Mayhew to Izzy in Phil the Shill.

I think I read somewhere that Phil Collins more or less ad-libbed that line, and that Martin Ferrero didn't know what the British slang word "wanker" or "right wanker" meant, but he just went with it anyway... :)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

This Topic seems familiar...but anyway  : In the Pilot ....Opening scene One of the punks tells Tubbs he's gonna cut him........Tubbs aims his shotgun at the punk and says, "Can it wait, I'm a little busy right now?"

• Like 3

"I don't know who you guys are, but you're dead!"

- Sam Kovics in "Heart of Darkness"

Also, from the same episode:

"Yeah, you reinvented radio last night, didn't you?"

- a very ticked off Tubbs to the OCB's tech guys :)

• Like 2

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Crockett's classic line from "Junk Love":  "Secret to success, Rico, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit.  I outta know.  I'm divorced and broke." 

• Like 3

So many...

Crockett (in several different episodes):  I'm gonna clear my desk of all my other cases, and make your life a living hell.

This one's a little long, but I've always liked it-especially the end ;):

Tubbs: You owe me your life. Your presence in that seat, man. Look, I love you, man. You know, I don't want to go out here, and have to say a speech about the short but meaningful life of one Sonny Crockett, in front of a collection of family and friends. You know the first thing I thought was, If he's gone, who gets the car?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

Tubbs: You owe me your life. Your presence in that seat, man. Look, I love you, man. You know, I don't want to go out here, and have to say a speech about the short but meaningful life of one Sonny Crockett, in front of a collection of family and friends. You know the first thing I thought was, If he's gone, who gets the car?

This is a great line, and I do recognize it, but it comes from an episode I've rarely seen.  Probably season 4 but maybe season 3?  Which ep is this? 

3 minutes ago, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

This is a great line, and I do recognize it, but it comes from an episode I've rarely seen.  Probably season 4 but maybe season 3?  Which ep is this? 

Season 4, Child's Play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony D. said:

This Topic seems familiar...

You're right Tony....there were 2 other threads including one you started.  (see below)

In Home Invaders a woman says to Crockett: "Find him? What do I look like, a tour guide?"

Crockett: "Just find him. We'll talk about what you look like later. "

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

"Honor among Thieves"......bodyguard tells Tubbs, "someday you & me are gonna dance." Tubbs says : "Strike up the band!"

• Like 1

Sonny to Rico, "Man, it's so hot you could fry and egg on my face".  Rico replies, "Hope I never get that hungry". 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

You're right Tony....there were 2 other threads including one you started.  (see below)

In Home Invaders a woman says to Crockett: "Find him? What do I look like, a tour guide?"

Crockett: "Just find him. We'll talk about what you look like later. "

Sorry for the redundancy.  I thought this was something that had been done before but when I searched the site for "one liners"  nothing came back so I decided to start it.  It's such an obvious idea for a thread I knew there had to be something.  I've still really enjoyed it, though.  It's funny too because my "original" thread ideas don't draw a fraction of the attention this one has gotten! :)

No worries...I was really just letting Tony know his hunch was right. I like these quotes, as you may know from the trivia threads.

Keep 'em going!

From Bushido:

Agent: My name is Carter, and I don't like you. And I don't care about your crummy little drug deals. I don't care about Herrera, and I don't care about the half million.

Castillo: Well you must care about something. You look nervous.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

Sorry for the redundancy.  I thought this was something that had been done before but when I searched the site for "one liners"  nothing came back so I decided to start it.  It's such an obvious idea for a thread I knew there had to be something.  I've still really enjoyed it, though.  It's funny too because my "original" thread ideas don't draw a fraction of the attention this one has gotten! :)

I knew there had been such a topic before, but I just want to say thanks for making this one anyway, as you easily forget some of those past topics and it also gives a chance for those, who missed them first time around to give their thoughts, starting fresh.

Didn't you have plenty of reply's to this topic, I remembered. :thumbsup:

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

From Nobody Lives Forever:

Brenda - How do you go from this tranquility to that violence?

Crockett - I usually take the Ferrari

• Like 4

On 30/07/2017 at 0:05 AM, vicegirl85 said:

PMT out did himself with that scene man, He sure as hell improved a lot throughout the show. I love the cute little high five C&Ts do after that too.

• Like 2