To Live And Die in L.A.

Detective_Crockett

I don't think there's a topic on this Movie? But I recently bought this classic on Blu Ray, it was the last copy at the store.. and may I say what a fantastic movie it truly is, very similar to Vice in terms of style and the fantastic score by Wang Chung, and like Vice it didn't screw around in terms of gritty realism, the setting is glamarous? No not really.. it only showed the industrial shithole uncared about zones of L.A...  and of course who can forget that ending? The dark realistic ending that didn't mess around. The movie really does hold up, it's a shame it wasn't well received back in the day, and the lawsuit by Michael Mann didn't help none.. but yes everybody, your thoughts on the movie? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

I don't think there's a topic on this Movie? But I recently bought this classic on Blu Ray, it was the last copy at the store.. and may I say what a fantastic movie it truly is, very similar to Vice in terms of style and the fantastic score by Wang Chung, and like Vice it didn't screw around in terms of gritty realism, the setting is glamarous? No not really.. it only showed the industrial shithole uncared about zones of L.A...  and of course who can forget that ending? The dark realistic ending that didn't mess around. The movie really does hold up, it's a shame it wasn't well received back in the day, and the lawsuit by Michael Mann didn't help none.. but yes everybody, your thoughts on the movie? 

I listen to the song once a day on my phone. That's all I have to say. (Donald Trump accent) Good song. Good song folks, unbelievable song, you'll never believe how amazing song is folks...it's beautiful....

1 minute ago, Assasinge said:

I listen to the song once a day on my phone. That's all I have to say. (Donald Trump accent) Good song. Good song folks, unbelievable song, you'll never believe how amazing song is folks...it's beautiful....

Yeah it's a great song, very Vicey.

• Like 1

Saw this movie recently on the MGM channel for about the 4th time I think. Well done and well paced movie, with several vice cast members ( Turturro, Feuer, Pankow (from Glades) and Stockwell (from Bushido) and a credible plot around counterfeiting by a heavy played by Dafoe. And I really liked CSI's Peterson as the smart and tough guy lead who  attempts to bring down the wily criminal Masters, and his zeal to do anything to bring him in, including compromising the law. Some similarities to Vice in the endless corruption and grit, and the good guys don't always win.   Not a fan of the Wang Chung soundtrack at times, as seems a bit over the top in the scenes at least imo. But a big thumbs up nonetheless.

William Peterson was a good actor man, He should of been in more stuff after this and Manhunter. As they are though they make perfect companion pieces.

The Wang Chung soundtrack grew on me after hating it the first time. Willem Defoe is great in everything and the chick Darlanne Fluegel was gorgeous. I love the use of colour, never seen L.A look like that with the red and green palette (especially when all films these days look the same, it's nice to see unusual color schemes) We need more films like this. 10/10