Miami vice- the movie

jenny

In short it's one of the worst movies ever made, setting it in the modern day was one of the worst things they could do it just didn't work.

Not true Vice at all, and it's shocking that it comes from Michael Mann.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, jenny said:

Has anyone seen Miami Vice the movie, starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx?

I haven't seen it yet, so just want some opinions.   

As Don Johnson said......I don't know what movie they made but it's not Miami Vice!

If you are curious and want to give your opinion.........rent it & watch it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

In my opinion they only made one mistake: To tell the protagonists Crockett and Tubbs and the movie Miami Vice. If You see it only as a modern action movie and forget the background theme, the movie itself seems not really bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flagler said:

In my opinion they only made one mistake: To tell the protagonists Crockett and Tubbs and the movie Miami Vice. If You see it only as a modern action movie and forget the background theme, the movie itself seems not really bad.

You are exactly right, Flagler........it's pretty good if you can forget it's posing as Miami Vice! :D

12 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

It's 2 hours of your life you'll never get back.  Trust us!

Ha ha ! Michael Mann went way to arty- film noir :hippie:

I saw it at the movies when it came out. The opening was a cool boat race with underwater filming for a moment and the camera rises out of the water. Apparently they spent two complete days filming this race sequence and when the DVD came out they completely cut it out! WTF?

The movie is a poor copy of a number of different episodes that had plotlines grabbed from the series.

The characters were all there but there was no chemistry between the people. Jamie Foxx is too over the top in dramatics and Crockett's character was cold and aloof. The movie was long and unbelievable in these modern times and seemed dated to me?????

The movie should have had a new trajectory in story telling and sadly they just revamped a number of old series episodes. Some call it film noire but I call it a good movie to put on when I need to take a nap! 

• Like 1

well personnally i didn't find the movie that bad. i actually liked it. interesting plot, good actors. maybe i love Michael Mann too much, lol. it's pretty dark, but i love it when it's dark. it gives realism to the thing

• Like 1

It's been years since I watched the movie or should I say parts of it, so I'll comment my opinion going by memory. 

I wasn't captured by the movie, already from the beginning didn't like it, could barely watch it as it was too dark for me, the two main characters Crockett and Tubbs were lacking charisma/personality and naturally you'll always try and compare it with the TV show. I have decided to give it a second look to see if my mind would change. The only positive were the beautiful scenery, and (seeing Sonny dance) but as I've mentioned before for me the movie wasn't made with real interest so perhaps why the outcome was bad. 

Even some of the behind the scenes extras were more interesting than this. 

Edited by summer84

On 14/01/2018 at 2:29 PM, summer84 said:

It's been years since I watched the movie or should I say parts of it, so I'll comment my opinion going by memory. 

I wasn't captured by the movie, already from the beginning didn't like it, could barely watch it as it was too dark for me, the two main characters Crockett and Tubbs were lacking charisma/personality and naturally you'll always try and compare it with the TV show. I have decided to give it a second look to see if my mind would change. The only positive were the beautiful scenery, and (seeing Sonny dance) but as I've mentioned before for me the movie wasn't made with real interest so perhaps why the outcome was bad. 

Even some of the behind the scenes extras were more interesting than this. 

Good point Summer - Mann went too dark and film noir and arty,  a lot of films have been since 2004. There are some good parts though and the cinematography is top rate :cheers:

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 12:34 PM, Stinger390X said:

I saw it at the movies when it came out. The opening was a cool boat race with underwater filming for a moment and the camera rises out of the water. Apparently they spent two complete days filming this race sequence and when the DVD came out they completely cut it out! WTF?

The movie is a poor copy of a number of different episodes that had plotlines grabbed from the series.

The characters were all there but there was no chemistry between the people. Jamie Foxx is too over the top in dramatics and Crockett's character was cold and aloof. The movie was long and unbelievable in these modern times and seemed dated to me?????

The movie should have had a new trajectory in story telling and sadly they just revamped a number of old series episodes. Some call it film noire but I call it a good movie to put on when I need to take a nap! 

Thanks!  You just saved me 15 bucks on buying the DVD!   :D

15 bucks? Jenny, don't you know it's legal to RIP a secondhand DVD (at least where i live). buy a secondhand one for 1 or 2 $ and RIP it!

Edited by jpm1

3 hours ago, jpm1 said:

15 bucks? Jenny, don't you know it's legal to RIP a secondhand DVD (at least where i live). buy a secondhand one for 1 or 2 $ and RIP it!

:D:D