'Miami Vice' Reboot From Vin Diesel in the Works at NBC

sredd

24 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Why is anyone else posting here then?

Because it hasn't been confirmed that it's cancelled, at least to my knowledge.

• Like 3

Look...in years we were expecting something promising about vice, a reunion, don, or a reboot. Not a crappy 2006 or 07 movie. So cool like few seconds of a nike commercial with don, when everybody went crazy. Its more interesting than keep posting about birthdays, which song should be played on vice in 1984. Its the best new story about vice in years. Pardon my french, but who do you think you are saying about we should close this thread because it wont happen i-dont-know-why or because vin diesel has hemorrhoids? If you dont have any contacts at universal, you cant say anything because you dont know what will happen or if its happening. I dont know too but who knows? Don speaking about that and should we ignore it? Lets wait and we will see. If yes ok. If nothing happens, we are used to. Meanwhile you can go to the nth post discussing who should be the new crockett...zzzz

A discussion forum where we shouldnt discuss anything vice related?

Miami Vice fans arent what they used to be anymore...

Curiously, i prefer to lock the 3d video game posts. Its less useful than talk about the reboot. Now tell me if i did that?

Edited by Mr. Calderon

So, lock it then? What am I even supposed to do, get mad about it? I'm like 18 dude, you're all millenials and older than me typing away at these forums or whatever, that' s fine and I don't care much but I only came here because its an only site that had any discussion for this show. But I dont' seem to have much to add to for a show that's been dead 30 years and has been rewatched time and time again I guess, so I guess I'll just leave then. A ban wouldn't be so bad really.

Edit: Can someone just delete my fucking account please?

Edited by Assasinge

5 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Look...in years we were expecting something promising about vice, a reunion, don, or a reboot. Not a crappy 2006 or 07 movie. So cool like few seconds of a nike commercial with don, when everybody went crazy. Its more interesting than keep posting about birthdays, which song should be played on vice in 1984. Its the best new story about vice in years. Pardon my french, but who do you think you are saying about we should close this thread because it wont happen i-dont-know-why or because vin diesel has hemorrhoids? If you dont have any contacts at universal, you cant say anything because you dont know what will happen or if its happening. I dont know too but who knows? Don speaking about that and should we ignore it? Let's wait and we will see. If yes ok. If nothing happens, we are used to.

Well said. This forum needs to stay current and post the latest updates, whether we agree with what's happening or not. I have mixed feelings about a reboot, but others may feel differently so I welcome the discussion.

We are all joined together in this fandom and we need to respect one another. I enjoy the discussion; not the negativity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Assasinge said:

So, lock it then? What am I even supposed to do, get mad about it? I'm like 18 dude, you're all millenials and older than me typing away at these forums or whatever, that' s fine and I don't care much but I only came here because its an only site that had any discussion for this show. But I dont' seem to have much to add to for a show that's been dead 30 years and has been rewatched time and time again I guess, so I guess I'll just leave then. A ban wouldn't be so bad really.

I don't know what happened but maybe they might have been a misunderstanding along the way, chill time and time out on the situation will help instead of bans etc.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I don't know what happened but maybe they might have been a misunderstanding along the way, chill time and time out on the situation will help instead of bans etc.

Yes, please. No bans!

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Assasinge:

but I only came here because its an only site that had any discussion for this show.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t get the logic of your request then to shut down this thread. As you said, MV is off the air for 30 years now. If we can’t discuss any new developments like a potential re-boot (irrespective if it materializes or meets up anyone’s expectations) then we probably are just trying to ride a dead horse here on the forum. 

Honestly speaking that might be true. With every year that elapses all these reboot plans and Tim Truman promises get shallower and less likely and I am tending to ignore them. 90% of it might be just some bla bla from some Ex MV stars like DJ anyway who bait some publicity  when you stick a mike to their face and ask repeatedly about MV (I don’t blame them, just stating a logical reason) and we all know that most ideas that are „seriously“ discussed in Hollywood never see the light. MV was a Culture phenomenon in a special time context that is not easily transferable to other decades as other cop shows. 

Somehow I realize that I am not keen anymore on any actual MV reboot myself as it would rather destroy a great memory than do something good but that‘s just me.

Nevertheless I will fight for this forum being open to any new development threads, serious or not, good or bad, and will strongly oppose shutting down anything for relevance as this would choke off the reason of existence for this great site.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Assasinge said:

I only came here because its an only site that had any discussion for this show.

Do you often join forums and demand the admins lock threads you don't agree with?

More to the point, how can there be any discussion if you're locking threads??

I'm confused.

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Or meet Jan Hammer's cousin Ban Hammer.

We don't close topics here unless they become victim to argument or something. People have the right of discussion and this thread can transform into discussing the possible DJ "ideas". And how do you know the two aren't connected?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Assasinge said:

"...But I dont' seem to have much to add to for a show that's been dead 30 years and has been rewatched time and time again I guess, so I guess I'll just leave then. A ban wouldn't be so bad really....."

i dont have powers here and i dont want to. But after this masterpiece of written text, ill say few words....

1. I think you can quit the forum by yourself. Im not sure. "Do it, if you have stones".

2. Dont spit over the plate you used to eat.

3. So mv is dead since 30 years ago? What in the hell are you doing here? "Beat it, punk!"

4. If you are looking for absolute love from community, try the Love Boat forum.

5. I think you are trying to start a fight to lock this post.

6. I do appreciate your opinion. F*ck you very much, Assey.

Edited by Mr. Calderon

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Tom said:

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t get the logic of your request then to shut down this thread. As you said, MV is off the air for 30 years now. If we can’t discuss any new developments like a potential re-boot (irrespective if it materializes or meets up anyone’s expectations) then we probably are just trying to ride a dead horse here on the forum. 

Honestly speaking that might be true. With every year that elapses all these reboot plans and Tim Truman promises get shallower and less likely and I am tending to ignore them. 90% of it might be just some bla bla from some Ex MV stars like DJ anyway who bait some publicity  when you stick a mike to their face and ask repeatedly about MV (I don’t blame them, just stating a logical reason) and we all know that most ideas that are „seriously“ discussed in Hollywood never see the light. MV was a Culture phenomenon in a special time context that is not easily transferable to other decades as other cop shows. 

Somehow I realize that I am not keen anymore on any actual MV reboot myself as it would rather destroy a great memory than do something good but that‘s just me.

Nevertheless I will fight for this forum being open to any new development threads, serious or not, good or bad, and will strongly oppose shutting down anything for relevance as this would choke off the reason of existence for this great site.

Finally!  Some words of wisdom!   I have no plans of locking this topic or banning anyone. I would however like to see it return to it's original intent. I've been told numerous times that this is the most peaceful site on the internet. Let's keep it that way. So everyone take a breath, lose the insults and get back to business.  Can I get an Amen?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Finally!  Some words of wisdom!   I have no plans of locking this topic or banning anyone. I would however like to see it return to it's original intent. I've been told numerous times that this is the most peaceful site on the internet. Let's keep it that way. So everyone take a breath, lose the insults and get back to business.  Can I get an Amen?

AMEN!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

"Amen! Feeling good is all about having a winning attitude!" (Rev. B.B. Proverb)

or in Crockett's words:

"Mellow out, pal. That uptight New York dog-eat-dog mind-set just doesn't make it down here. This is Miami. Things are more relaxed."

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

Its been off the air for over 30 years but this show is eternal. Great shows never die and the reason I think its got such a cult following and interest still to this day is because it was way ahead of its time.

Vice for life :cheers:

• Like 3

vor 29 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

Its been off the air for over 30 years but this show is eternal. Great shows never die and the reason I think its got such a cult following and interest still to this day is because it was way ahead of its time.

Vice for life :cheers:

Ever thought why there is no comparable „Baywatch“, „Hunter“ or „Riptide“ Forum on the Net? Not because these shows were bad but neither had such an iconic cultural influence on a whole generation. That’s why we are still here with a „30years old dead show“ and others ain‘t!

• Like 2

MV is a classic. Only some songs, books, movies, shows survive, most doesn´t.

I really didn´t know almost nothing about the specific circumstances of MV, when I first saw it and though I was fascinated. Fascinated by its timeless qualities.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ever thought why there is no comparable „Baywatch“, „Hunter“ or „Riptide“ Forum on the Net? Not because these shows were bad but neither had such an iconic cultural influence on a whole generation. That’s why we are still here with a „30years old dead show“ and others ain‘t!

Its no where near as iconic but the only other show I can think of that has the same following as Miami Vice is Twin Peaks, and that's because of its surrealism, like to this day its hard to figure out. You can certainly have endless discussions and theories to what it all means.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, daytona365 said:

or in Crockett's words:

"Mellow out, pal. That uptight New York dog-eat-dog mind-set just doesn't make it down here. This is Miami. Things are more relaxed."

It's funny reading this line today because it's totally untrue of Miami in 2019.