How to PROPERLY reboot Miami Vice

Assasinge

I think this same article was referenced recently in the thread:  Miami Vice reboot happening for real now?

Although I've said before that a reboot could never work and would never have the magic of the original, while reading the article I found myself nodding in agreement that their ideas have potential and could make an intriguing beginning for a series.  Still doubtful, but maybe... Because I do think Miami is a place with tons of story potential; drugs and other vice-related crime may have changed but they certainly haven't gone away, and characters with the heritage of Crockett and Tubbs could have a lot of baggage that would be interesting to explore.  The right music and a certain look and style would be necessities in order to truly carry on the Vice legacy.  Lots of potential to go wrong, but also potential for something good.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I think this same article was referenced recently in the thread:  Miami Vice reboot happening for real now?

Oh.

I apologize--I had the wrong thread referenced.  It was this one:  

Look at the 18th post in the thread.  But I'm glad you brought it up again, because it was hard to find!

Also I apologize for the formatting of this post.  I like the new "react to this thread" choices, but somehow linking a thread seems more complicated.  Probably just my lack of tech know-how, though!

Edited by vicegirl85
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

How to properly reboot Miami Vice:

Step 1 - Don't.

Step 2 - Create something original, heavily inspired by Miami Vice, but not Miami Vice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, James said:

Step 1 - Don't.

Step 2 - Create something original, heavily inspired by Miami Vice, but not Miami Vice.

*NBC laughing in distance, waving money they steal out of viewer's pockets each year*

• Haha 1

How about a Miami Vice spoof like the Starsky and Hutch 2004 movie?. Owen Wilson as Crockett and Ben Stiller in brown face as Tubbs.

I'd watch.

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

How about a Miami Vice spoof like the Starsky and Hutch 2004 movie?. Owen Wilson as Crockett and Ben Stiller in brown face as Tubbs.

I'd watch.

Yes please. :D I love the Starsky & Hutch movie, although it's a movie based on a TV series, I like how they made their own thing out of it. Didn't take itself seriously.

11 hours ago, James said:

Step 1 - Don't.

Exactly. - Don't. :D:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2017 at 5:48 AM, James said:

Step 1 - Don't.

you read in my mind. that post was perfect, nothing to add :)

Edited by jpm1