My Crockett Obsession

Crockett Theme

Great forum guys! Loving every thread here. I have just become a Miami Vice fan now, even though I was well aware of the show in the 80's, somehow it passed me by.

The bizarre thing is, I have always donned pairs of linen trousers and light suits, and have often being mocked as doing a Crockett/Miami Vice by mates, yet never really caught up with the show. My first intro to it was actually the movie, which I thought was very cool initially, but my opinion has started to change since now viewing many of the episodes. It wasn't long before I realised the Crockett/Tubbs partnership portrayed by the lifeless Fox and Farrell was not a patch on the original actors.

Since buying the boxset DVD's I am ploughing through them all. I managed to get through the first and second series pretty much chronologically, but struggled with series 3, 4 and 5. Firstly, once I got through the first few episodes of series 3, and got over the shock of not seeing the pastel T shirts and white suits, I still struggled with the change in tone. Since then I have been reviewing the episodes from 3, 4 and 5 on this forum and also on the Fandom WIKI - watching only the highest rated episodes in no logical order.

I found the strongest episodes from the final 3 series to be mainly the Burnett memory loss storyline, which includes Forgive Us Our Debts from series 3, concluding towards the end of series 4, and obviously the first couple of episodes in series 5.

Series 5 I am struggling with the most. I watched Freefall and found it mostly a generic action war flick, with the very bizarre tacked on bit at the end where the duo suddenly decide to throw their badges in. There was no emotional build-up or goodbyes to the rest of the team either, which I also found strange. I loved the final moments of that episode, but other than that I found it very weak.

Anyway, back to the fashion, which is why I posted on this thread. I have bought lots of Henley T-shirts now - mainly from H&M, and also Pretty Green. I have about 10 pairs of various coloured linen trousers - white, chalk white, beige, navy, blue, grey - you name it! Next in the UK is the best place for these. I am attempting to have my hair like Don's more tidier cut in series 1 (Smuggler's Blues era). I have very similar hair colour to his, but unfortunately my hair is not as thick! It makes it quite difficult to grow the back and sides when you have fine hair.

I have bought 5 pairs of Lacoste espadrille suede shoes (various colours) which are the comfiest things ever without socks - Tombre perforated slip-ons to be exact -https://www.lacoste.com/gb/lacoste/men/shoes/loafers-boat-shoes/men's-tombre-perforated-suede-slip-ons/33CAM1058.html?dwvar_33CAM1058_color=A75

3882191-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I have bought a white linen suit, a beige linen suit, a light blue linen blazer and a salmon one. I also have a quite cool ice marl blazer from Superdry - https://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets/details/66711/supremacy-jersey-blazer-grey

upload6743732798047132235.jpg

Oh yes, and the Ray Ban tortoise shells, and I have just bought a Lacoste panama hat (Crockett from Freefall) - lacoste-floursilver-chine-straw-fedora-h

Finally, I am about to pick up a Rolex Presidential gold watch in a couple of weeks from a market in Spain. I have bought lots of fake watches there, but only superior grade 1 copies, and have ordered the Rolex one that Crockett wears. Looking forward to picking it up!

MIami+Vice+Rolex+2.jpg

That's all for now guys! Keep up the great work on this forum. This place is the best site for me right now online. I love it! I'll be back when I have bought a few more things.

Edited by Crockett Theme
  • Like 3

Welcome to the forum! My favorite seasons are one and two as well. I think you are well on your way to the Vice look with your clothes, shoes, and sunglasses. The watch he wears is a beauty too. I usually wear Vice type clothes every day...even to formal events. The look is classic. Once again, welcome to the forum! I look forward to reading your posts.

By the way, have you seen the Daytona replica for sale on eBay? 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ferrari-Daytona-Spyder-/172590819145?hash=item282f36e749%3Ag%3AMaYAAOSw-K9ZMNzB&_trkparms=pageci%3A98a60a15-7ba8-11e7-9ef1-74dbd180b59b%7Cparentrq%3Abe38a7e115d0aa47857249dfffff9e74%7Ciid%3A2

• Thanks 1

You've got a good thing going there, Crockett Theme. And welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Interesting about the Lacoste hat... I was going to put a hat like that more into "Calderone's Return Pt II" where Crockett meets with the middle man in St. Andrews. But I haven't watched Freefall that many times...

And about seasons/series 3 to 5... well, that's the nature of the original Miami Vice series... it was hugely successful the first two years, but then it all went south due to a change of personnel, and with that, the changes in color shades and tone came that you have noticed. The show got a lot of flak for that and a lot of people felt that it never recovered. But you can't really argue against the fact that seasons 1 and 2 are really where it's at with Miami Vice.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Miami Vice family.  When you have the time you should post pictures of you wearing your collection.  Always fun to see what others are wearing. 

Oh wow, another Vicer from the UK, hello my brother! Where in the UK are you from? 

Welcome to the greatest forum on the planet! How old are you if I may ask? 

I've been doing the Crockett look for years, my mates normally banter to me about it.. I've had laughs from random chavs in the street, but you know what? I don't give a damn, I'm happy doing the look.. I don't care for some chav laughing at me, I'm happy doing what i Do.. once again, great to have you here, UK brother :D

30 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Oh wow, another Vicer from the UK, hello my brother! Where in the UK are you from? 

Welcome to the greatest forum on the planet! How old are you if I may ask? 

I've been doing the Crockett look for years, my mates normally banter to me about it.. I've had laughs from random chavs in the street, but you know what? I don't give a damn, I'm happy doing the look.. I don't care for some chav laughing at me, I'm happy doing what i Do.. once again, great to have you here, UK brother :D

Cheers pal! I'm 45 years old. I'm from Hull originally but now live down south, not far from Portsmouth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crockett Theme said:

Cheers pal! I'm 45 years old. I'm from Hull originally but now live down south, not far from Portsmouth

"HULL! What the bloody hell am I doing in Hull?" (Only Fools joke :) ) I'm not that far from you, I live in the South East.. I may have to get on the Next website for those linen trousers, Primark was selling them last year.. H&M is fantastic for Vice Henleys.. bought most of them from there, now is a great time to be doing the Vice look :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

You've got a good thing going there, Crockett Theme. And welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Interesting about the Lacoste hat... I was going to put a hat like that more into "Calderone's Return Pt II" where Crockett meets with the middle man in St. Andrews. But I haven't watched Freefall that many times...

And about seasons/series 3 to 5... well, that's the nature of the original Miami Vice series... it was hugely successful the first two years, but then it all went south due to a change of personnel, and with that, the changes in color shades and tone came that you have noticed. The show got a lot of flak for that and a lot of people felt that it never recovered. But you can't really argue against the fact that seasons 1 and 2 are really where it's at with Miami Vice.

Seasons 1 and 2 are pretty awesome. Unbeatable, particularly season 1, but season 2 has its moments too (Brothers in Arms playing while Crockett and Tubbs enter the building in Out where the Buses Don't Run, Dorothy Bain's theme from Buddies. Crockett walking away on the beach in Definitely Miami, etc.)

Just now, Detective_Crockett said:

"HULL! What the bloody hell am I doing in Hull?" (Only Fools joke :) ) I'm not that far from you, I live in the South East.. I may have to get on the Next website for those linen trousers, Primark was selling them last year.. H&M is fantastic for Vice Henleys.. bought most of them from there, now is a great time to be doing the Vice look :)

Next is the best place for regular fit linen trousers - http://www.next.co.uk/g212342s9#454565

2 hours ago, Scot from S.C. said:

Welcome to the forum! My favorite seasons are one and two as well. I think you are well on your way to the Vice look with your clothes, shoes, and sunglasses. The watch he wears is a beauty too. I usually wear Vice type clothes every day...even to formal events. The look is classic. Once again, welcome to the forum! I look forward to reading your posts.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ferrari-Daytona-Spyder-/172590819145?hash=item282f36e749%3Ag%3AMaYAAOSw-K9ZMNzB&_trkparms=pageci%3A98a60a15-7ba8-11e7-9ef1-74dbd180b59b%7Cparentrq%3Abe38a7e115d0aa47857249dfffff9e74%7Ciid%3A2

Damn! I want one. If I only I had $28k spare....:o

Edited by Crockett Theme
  • Like 2

Welcome to 1984, pal. I used to be like you back then, (I was 24 when the show aired the first time) but that was the fashion too. You could sport a white blazer without looking like a waiter. It used to feel so right, the music around you, the movies, the fashion, the cars, the colors. I used to wear Armani blazers and tees, espadrilles and wayfarers (I still use them sometimes). Everything was so "in sync" with myself. I tried to hold back time till the mid 90s, then I dropped the vice style, but the vice culture and the 80s will always be part of me, no matter the time.

Have a big fun here, Crockett Theme, and stay obsessed ;-)

JB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the Uniqlo tip, guys. They do have some nice stuff.  I found some really nicely priced lightweight blazers on the US site.  They call them the "comfort jacket."

Edited by IA-SteveB

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/08/2017 at 9:44 PM, Scot from S.C. said:

all their cars seem to be in good condition. i mean with the prices they ask if the cars weren't in good shape they wouldn't last long. i'm pretty sure that Daytona is in good condition. they have great cars in stock testarossa, Impala 67, chevelle cabriolet.. concerning the Daytona, i think it's good only if you are US resident. i mean if you want to use it in summer only, unless you pay an overpriced luxury cars service that will run the car regularly, each time you'll come in summer the car will have decay

14 hours ago, Crockett Theme said:

and I even went to the effort of mocking up me and my mate in a Vice poster...

21316401_10154742469610896_2973623512139485570_o.jpg

Very cool!!  I wish I could photo shop  like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen that Daytona replica in person.  Believe me, you DO NOT want that car!!  Really bad shape.  There is a reason it hasn't sold in over a year

LOVE your cool pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I rock a slightly modified Vice look. Linen pants in all the usual colors, Henleys, a few pastels, boat shoes & Rayban wayfarers. No sport or blazer jackets... yet lol. It just feels natural!

• 3 years later...