My Crockett Obsession

Crockett Theme

4 hours ago, eddie.salce said:

ha ha! this is great, just what's I've been waiting for! a forum about the best show on earth!

Welcome to the site!

On 9/5/2017 at 2:06 PM, Crockett Theme said:

Some pics of me with the misses getting into the Sonny Crockett vibe at a mate's wedding in Portugal last week....

21078743_10154725661805896_3140209511436284724_n.jpg

21151579_10154736365985896_2711745887624603529_n.jpg

21192827_10154736372735896_8203951605488213318_n.jpg

21270800_10154736555180896_8043760435896892345_n.jpg

Looking great! :rauchen:You even have a similar haircut to DJ from the earlier seasons (1-2). By the way, where are your Bren 10/.45 smith &Wesson and Daytona? :p

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 7:50 PM, Crockett Theme said:

Great forum guys! Loving every thread here. I have just become a Miami Vice fan now, even though I was well aware of the show in the 80's, somehow it passed me by.

The bizarre thing is, I have always donned pairs of linen trousers and light suits, and have often being mocked as doing a Crockett/Miami Vice by mates, yet never really caught up with the show. My first intro to it was actually the movie, which I thought was very cool initially, but my opinion has started to change since now viewing many of the episodes. It wasn't long before I realised the Crockett/Tubbs partnership portrayed by the lifeless Fox and Farrell was not a patch on the original actors.

Since buying the boxset DVD's I am ploughing through them all. I managed to get through the first and second series pretty much chronologically, but struggled with series 3, 4 and 5. Firstly, once I got through the first few episodes of series 3, and got over the shock of not seeing the pastel T shirts and white suits, I still struggled with the change in tone. Since then I have been reviewing the episodes from 3, 4 and 5 on this forum and also on the Fandom WIKI - watching only the highest rated episodes in no logical order.

I found the strongest episodes from the final 3 series to be mainly the Burnett memory loss storyline, which includes Forgive Us Our Debts from series 3, concluding towards the end of series 4, and obviously the first couple of episodes in series 5.

Series 5 I am struggling with the most. I watched Freefall and found it mostly a generic action war flick, with the very bizarre tacked on bit at the end where the duo suddenly decide to throw their badges in. There was no emotional build-up or goodbyes to the rest of the team either, which I also found strange. I loved the final moments of that episode, but other than that I found it very weak.

Anyway, back to the fashion, which is why I posted on this thread. I have bought lots of Henley T-shirts now - mainly from H&M, and also Pretty Green. I have about 10 pairs of various coloured linen trousers - white, chalk white, beige, navy, blue, grey - you name it! Next in the UK is the best place for these. I am attempting to have my hair like Don's more tidier cut in series 1 (Smuggler's Blues era). I have very similar hair colour to his, but unfortunately my hair is not as thick! It makes it quite difficult to grow the back and sides when you have fine hair.

I have bought 5 pairs of Lacoste espadrille suede shoes (various colours) which are the comfiest things ever without socks - Tombre perforated slip-ons to be exact -https://www.lacoste.com/gb/lacoste/men/shoes/loafers-boat-shoes/men's-tombre-perforated-suede-slip-ons/33CAM1058.html?dwvar_33CAM1058_color=A75

http://a3.zassets.com/images/z/3/8/8/2/1/9/3882191-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I have bought a white linen suit, a beige linen suit, a light blue linen blazer and a salmon one. I also have a quite cool ice marl blazer from Superdry - https://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets/details/66711/supremacy-jersey-blazer-grey

upload6743732798047132235.jpg

Oh yes, and the Ray Ban tortoise shells, and I have just bought a Lacoste panama hat (Crockett from Freefall) - lacoste-floursilver-chine-straw-fedora-h

Finally, I am about to pick up a Rolex Presidential gold watch in a couple of weeks from a market in Spain. I have bought lots of fake watches there, but only superior grade 1 copies, and have ordered the Rolex one that Crockett wears. Looking forward to picking it up!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_04kZGR_ltmE/SiaxaojdlKI/AAAAAAAADyA/8xYtspaPttU/s800/MIami+Vice+Rolex+2.jpg

That's all for now guys! Keep up the great work on this forum. This place is the best site for me right now online. I love it! I'll be back when I have bought a few more things.

Welcome to the forum pal! :cheers:

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 1:53 AM, Mvice8489 said:

I've seen that Daytona replica in person.  Believe me, you DO NOT want that car!!  Really bad shape.  There is a reason it hasn't sold in over a year

LOVE your cool pictures.

The did a great job at making that car look good though!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, RedDragon86 said:

If you are in a hot climate anywhere in the world the pastel look never looks out of place or dated. It's a timeless look.

The best.

• Like 1