Gina and Trudy's Cool Fashion!

jenny

MV was all about style...every episode sizzled with stylish flare & crackled with excitement! :glossy::cool:   But, as in Charlie's Angels, the girls chasing after bad guys in their high heels cracks me up! Gotta love TV!! :dance2:

• Haha 1

I know the show is always criticized for being more style than substance, although it's not entirely true, except for those episode that didn't have much dialogue and mostly music montages, like "Prodigal Son" for instance. But then again MV was unique for it's use of music and fashion at the time, so I'm thinking what so wrong with being remembered for something that it was meant to be in the first place.  

I remember in the episode "God's Work" when Gina is chasing some kid down the street, she's having trouble holding on to her purse. Why did she had to run with the purse, not practical for a detective. :)

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

watching Miami Vice is what drove me to save my money to take a week Vacation there!  I saved for a year!  Show's you how motivated I was!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jenny said:

I would fall on my face even attempting to run in high heels!  I'll stick to my Nike's! :D

Haha! Me too! :D:D

Edited by summer84

33 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I know the show is always criticized for being more style than substance, although it's not entirely true, except for those episode that didn't have much dialogue and mostly music montages, like "Prodigal Son" for instance. But then again MV was unique for it's use of music and fashion at the time, so I'm thinking what so wrong with being remembered for something that it was meant to be in the first place.  

I remember in the episode "God's Work" when Gina is chasing some kid down the street, she's having trouble holding on to her purse. Why did she had to run with the purse, not practical for a detective. :)

The first 2-3 seasons had both...substance and fashion! Although I don't hate seasons 4-5 as much as some, I do admit the "substance" is more bizarre at times. 

I remember that God's Work scene too! Lol! What also cracks me up is that even when it has nothing to do with prostitution, Gina and Trudy lots of times are still dressed as hookers when they help on an arrest or bust. It doesn't make sense always, but with TV you're supposed to escape & just go with it! :dance2:

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 0:44 PM, summer84 said:

BswCeim.jpg?1

Gina in "Theresa." Looks good on her. And the purple color goes well with her dark hair.

She wore that same blouse in "Heroes of the Revolution." 

6MQocUh.jpg?1

• Like 2

7qSYJG0.jpg?1

Lovely singing voice, but the shoulder pads were huge! Probably the biggest shoulder pads on the show. Reminds me of the football uniform. 

I don't think she needs to tackle anyone on stage. :) I understand Saundra for never wanting to wear that part of the 80's fashion again. 

Even compared to those on Sonny's baby blue suit in "Prodigal Son."

3gZCWYT.jpg

Edited by summer84

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

7qSYJG0.jpg?1

Lovely singing voice, but the shoulder pads were huge! Probably the biggest shoulder pads on the show. Reminds me of the football uniform. 

I don't think she needs to tackle anyone on stage. :) I understand Saundra for never wanting to wear that part of the 80's fashion again. 

Even compared to those on Sonny's baby blue suit in "Prodigal Son."

3gZCWYT.jpg

Shoulder pads for women were big in style in the 80s...my moms dresses all had them, lol! Glad that's out...most women who remember that are. ;)

• Like 2

It doesn't matter if they were dressed as hookers, executive business owners, housewives, or the girl next door you had a crush on, Gina and Trudy were the hottest babes on tv in the 80s. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vicefan7777 said:

It doesn't matter if they were dressed as hookers, executive business owners, housewives, or the girl next door you had a crush on, Gina and Trudy were the hottest babes on tv in the 80s. 

1 hour ago, jenny said:

just like Crockett and Tubbs were the hottest guys on tv!  :fireworks:

Gina & Trudy, McCall (from Hunter), Daisy Duke (from Dukes of Hazzard), and Bonnie (from Knight Rider) were definitely the hottest babes on TV in the 80's! :happy:

Just as Crockett & Tubbs, Hunter (Hunter), the Duke Boys (Dukes of Hazzard), Michael Knight (Knight Rider), and Magnum (Magnum, p.i.) were the coolest guys in the 80's! :cool:

These actors/characters were a huge part of my childhood...and subsequently have become an enjoyable part of my adulthood! :dance2:

On 8/9/2017 at 5:03 PM, ViceFanMan said:

MV was all about style...every episode sizzled with stylish flare & crackled with excitement! :glossy::cool:   But, as in Charlie's Angels, the girls chasing after bad guys in their high heels cracks me up! Gotta love TV!! :dance2:

And they caught them too somehow!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jenny said:

mines too!  There the reason I went to Miami Beach for 7 days! :D

A year of saving up, would  you have hoped to stay longer than a week? :)

Edited by Detective_Crockett

3 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

A year of saving up, would  you have hoped to stay longer than a week? :)

yes, but I had to get back to work.    I had my vacation pay for that week, but I had to save up for hotel, air fair rental car, because i wanted to explore and food and drinks.

• Like 1

Some more outfits of Trudy from S4: 

aXDVOcX.jpg?1

HgOjFTn.jpg?1

MiZBS3g.jpg?1

gQXiFki.jpg?1

It seemed to be a popular theme with tight dresses, skirt's and tops in episodes of S4. :cool: And Trudy is looking good in them!

• Like 3

gxjJ6PC.jpg?1

pcOMtkz.jpg?1

KaqBZhQ.jpg?1

I love the blue top on Trudy here along with the skirt. :fireworks:

Trudy's fashion style was always more edgy and experimental and Gina's was a bit more conservative. But I noticed that was also reflected in Saundra and Olivia's public way of dressing and it fitted with how their characters looked. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

And of course... Had to post this outfit seen on Trudy in S5. Very memorable to me. That whole scenery with palm trees, sun shining, the beach and the wind blowing makes me wish, I was there myself right now...

Xxy6L8G.jpg?1

Borrasca

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

Some more outfits of Trudy from S4: 

aXDVOcX.jpg?1

HgOjFTn.jpg?1

MiZBS3g.jpg?1

gQXiFki.jpg?1

It seemed to be a popular theme with tight dresses, skirt's and tops in episodes of S4. :cool: And Trudy is looking good in them!

This is a nice dress!