Gina and Trudy's Cool Fashion!

jenny

• 3 weeks later...

AurcmWa.jpg

The style of the first episode. Saw a similar outfit today passing by a store, only the dress was black with different print. Made me think, hey that's something similar to what Trudy wore on Miami Vice. :)

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, summer84 said:

AurcmWa.jpg

The style of the first episode. Saw a similar outfit today passing by a store, only the dress was black with different print. Made me think, hey that's something similar to what Trudy wore on Miami Vice. :)

A lot of the 80s styles are back...I love it!! :dance2:  I'd wear Crockett's pink jacket and white pants to church Sunday if I had them, lol! I actually do have the white pants...but no sports jackets. :funky: But I'd take Sonny's! :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 1:47 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

From a guy's point of view that dress is WOOLALA!!! :thumbsup:

On 8/29/2017 at 6:34 PM, summer84 said:

AurcmWa.jpg

I really like that dress. it's simple, yet fashionable!  Love the belt with the gold trim too!

Yeah it looks cool on Trudy. And very artistic with the pattern. She had her own art gallery on Miami Beach back then.  

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

On 09/08/2017 at 6:00 PM, summer84 said:

"Absolutely" was missing in the Vice line "essential for any type of serious police work." And almost this cool dress on Trudy in "Smuggler's Blues"!

G8I0yuc.jpg

gKyqkJE.jpg

j8Uqf9g.jpg

i4faOj4.jpg

Beautiful shots Summer!:hippie:

• Thanks 1

I thought of maybe making a video compilation of all their fashion from the first season and add a few from another season to match the lyrics. For the music in the background, maybe Foreigner's "Women" or Tommy Shaw's "Girls with Guns." Or different pieces by Jan Hammer. 

Something like this, I came across on YT?

Edited by summer84

• 6 months later...
On 8/11/2017 at 3:40 PM, summer84 said:

Some more outfits of Trudy from S4: 

aXDVOcX.jpg?1

HgOjFTn.jpg?1

MiZBS3g.jpg?1

gQXiFki.jpg?1

It seemed to be a popular theme with tight dresses, skirt's and tops in episodes of S4. :cool: And Trudy is looking good in them!

I always thought Trudy was the sharper dresser between the two and more up to date with fashion and style.  And, while I am sure this view is not shared by some,  I really liked her character much more so than Gina.  She was intelligent and no nonsense, always there with research and support, and was a capable Vice detective in her own right. She had moments of vulnerability (recall the shooting scene in Dutch Oven and her relationship with the singer) but I don't recall her making the kinds of bad decisions Gina was prone to do  (think Lupo the slimeball), unless of course you count Missing Hours:p

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I always thought Trudy was the sharper dresser between the two and more up to date with fashion and style.  And, while I am sure this view is not shared by some,  I really liked her character much more so than Gina.  She was intelligent and no nonsense, always there with research and support, and was a capable Vice detective in her own right. She had moments of vulnerability (recall the shooting scene in Dutch Oven and her relationship with the singer) but I don't recall her making the kinds of bad decisions Gina was prone to do  (think Lupo the slimeball), unless of course you count Missing Hours:p

They both had their individual skills and flaws in personality and judgement. And I like them each in their own way, some more than others though. :) They brought something different to their character and I liked Gina as the nice cop. Although she did tend to get herself into some tricky situations, where I wish she had been more cautious. 

I liked Trudy's outfits the most from S3 and on to S5. I came to like Gina's clothing better in S3. The change in appearance for Trudy in S4 with the long straightened hair really transformed her and she looked stunning. She also looked nice with the really short hair cut in S3. 

• Like 1

On 29/08/2017 at 4:34 PM, summer84 said:

AurcmWa.jpg

Great picture - and Sonny’s great jacket seen only in the Pilot and “One Way Ticket”

On 8/29/2017 at 6:34 PM, summer84 said:

AurcmWa.jpg

I wish I could have Crockett’s jacket and pants nowdays! :thumbsup:

On 3/24/2018 at 2:02 AM, Matt5 said:

Great picture - and Sonny’s great jacket seen only in the Pilot and “One Way Ticket”

...and in "The Home Invaders"

invader05.jpg

...and in "Out Where The Buses Don't Run"

gespen08.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I wish I could have Crockett’s jacket and pants nowdays! :thumbsup:

Well...

IMG_2320.JPG

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Well...

IMG_2320.JPG

I actually have some white pants, used to have a plain black t-shirt but not anymore—but I could get 1 no problem. Now all I need is the jacket! Lol! 

5 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Well...

IMG_2320.JPG

Is the hem of the jacket rounded in front? It’s very hard to find a single-breasted coat that’s squared like the one Crockett wears in those episodes. 

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Is the hem of the jacket rounded in front? It’s very hard to find a single-breasted coat that’s squared like the one Crockett wears in those episodes. 

No, it's rounded, but the color is a 99% match, so I'm very happy with it. I think I bought it two or three years ago. The brand is Plectrum. The only downside is it's fully lined, so it's no fun wearing it in the height of summer. Here's another picture of it:

IMG_2322.JPG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

No, it's rounded, but the color is a 99% match, so I'm very happy with it. I think I bought it two or three years ago. The brand is Plectrum. The only downside is it's fully lined, so it's no fun wearing it in the height of summer. Here's another picture of it:

IMG_2322.JPG

Beautiful, awesome jacket...but yeah, I’d want to try and find a “thinner” linen one like Crockett wore, so it wouldn’t be so hot. :hot:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

What is the material @daytona365 ?

100% cotton I believe. I'm not at my place right now, can confirm tomorrow. But let's not forget this thread was originally intended for Trudy & Gina, the finest ladies under the Florida sun in the eighthies :cool:

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

Awesome. I’ve always assumed Crx’ was linen because of the always-wrinkled look, but cotton can do that, too. 

14 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Awesome. I’ve always assumed Crx’ was linen because of the always-wrinkled look, but cotton can do that, too. 

Crockett’s was linen...daytona365’s jacket is cotton, although other than that it looks like an almost exact replica. :thumbsup:

As for Gina and Trudy...I’m sure their wardrobe was much “cooler” in the Florida sun, than having to wear suits—linen or not. ;) 

• Haha 1