In Honor of Elvis

vicegirl85

So...

Today I saw an ad in the newspaper for an alligator bracelet.  That set me to thinking and Wow!  I found quite a bit of alligator jewelry online :)  Since Miami vice fashions are being discussed in a couple of other threads, I fixed up a little montage of some of it:  

VICE-UP-YOUR-STYLE.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice/vice indeed. :)

My chocolate Labrador Retriever has an alligator plush chew toy...lol.

I have a real alligator head I bought from Alligator Adventure in Myrtle Beach.

Of course Sonny played for the Gators during his college football days.

Who all lives in a location where alligators are naturally? We have them in my area. :cool:

LOL, I love that your dog has an alligator chew toy!

Yes, I expect the Florida Gators inspired quite a bit of the jewelry I found :)  We don't have gators where I live (north of the frost line!)  I didn't realize SC has gators, too.

Thanks! The funny thing is the plush toy resembles the alligator emojis on here...lol.

I always had lizards, snakes, turtles, etc. when I was a boy. My parents "tolerated" me creating terrariums in the house. Even now, I have entertained thoughts of setting up a nice terrarium for a exotic lizard of some sort. Of course, we have tons of native lizards outside, so I have a million little versions of Elvis scurrying across my patio. :)

Oh yes, South Carolina has alligators from about my county all the way down to the coast. 

Which state do you live in currently? Gators can be found in areas that have frosts and freezes...they can tolerate it to a degree better than most people realize. Now I don't mean the types of freezes and cold that states like Pennsylvania or even Tennessee experience, but certainly milder winter locales like much of South Carolina, Georgia, etc. Of course, Florida, I am sure, has more than any other state. :)

I am in Kentucky (far away from the Mississippi), so hopefully safe from gators :)

Edited by vicegirl85

Lol...no worries about gators up your way. You guys get pretty cold in the winter.

However, alligator snapping turtles are in part of your state. Luckily, if you have one on your property, you can call Turtle Man to come get him. Isn't he based out of Kentucky?

Of course, you could keep him and name him Elvis II. Lol.