If you could time travel to Miami in 1984/5 What's the first thing you would do?

Detective_Crockett

• Administrators
On 10/19/2020 at 5:31 AM, summer84 said:

Or... How about a helicopter tour of Miami, then some water skiing. Just something mellow to start out with. :) And then end with some exciting MV and bed. (jk)

You will never get me in a helicopter, and I think for the water skiing I'd be driving the boat. :) Lets skip to the MV and chill. :p

On 10/19/2020 at 5:50 AM, timm525 said:

A great big line of cocaine! :)

In that case I might get on a helicopter... A medical helicopter. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, James said:

You will never get me in a helicopter, and I think for the water skiing I'd be driving the boat. :) Lets skip to the MV and chill. :p

Hahaha. Yeah I was just kidding with that. Couldn't do it either. It would be too scary. Good one with the boat.  You're right just skip to MV. :) And nice new profile pic. Now the Gina and Trudy character in my profile pic have something nice to admire. :happy::cool::)

Edited by summer84
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
On 10/20/2020 at 11:07 PM, summer84 said:

Hahaha. Yeah I was just kidding with that. Couldn't do it either. It would be too scary. Good one with the boat.  You're right just skip to MV. :) And nice new profile pic. Now the Gina and Trudy character in my profile pic have something nice to admire. :happy::cool::)

On 10/20/2020 at 11:26 PM, Dadrian said:

@James isn’t that the artwork from the new German discs? I really like it, too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep, indeed it is the artwork from the new German release. It's too good to pass up!

1034195.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, James said:

Yep, indeed it is the artwork from the new German release. It's too good to pass up!

1034195.jpg

I'm glad I got the set! Amazing to view it all in great details compared to the DVDs.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 4

The first thing I would do is try to meet DJ & PMT and get their autographs. :thumbsup:

They wouldn't believe me, but the next thing I would do is tell them how many people are enjoying & discussing Miami Vice for 35 years! 

• Like 6

I think I would bring some cassettes of my music to a record company big wig, or try to get some radio stations to play music.

I definitely would want to just take in the atmosphere! Drive around, visit clubs/bars/restaurants. Party, meet people, take lots of photos and videos.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I'd try to get information on where the MV set is going to shoot the next episode. And show up on the day with my pastel suit, pink T-shirt, RayBan wayfarers and loafers (with no socks :)). Then I'd party with the cast once they are finished shooting for the day. I'm sure Philip and DJ would be up for a few drinks. After I getting to know the two leading actors I'd introduce myself to Sandra Santiago =) as a new writer for an episode written for her.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

I'd try to get information on where the MV set is going to shoot the next episode. And show up on the day with my pastel suit, pink T-shirt, RayBan wayfarers and loafers (with no socks :)). Then I'd party with the cast once they are finished shooting for the day. I'm sure Philip and DJ would be up for a few drinks. After I getting to know the two leading actors I'd introduce myself to Sandra Santiago =) as a new writer for an episode written for her.

You could tell Gina what she would be doing in future Vice episodes.  If you could stick around for a while she would think you were a prophet and be impressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, miamijimf said:

You could tell Gina what she would be doing in future Vice episodes.  If you could stick around for a while she would think you were a prophet and be impressed.

yeah! That and I'd give her a bit more to do in the show ;)

• Like 1

vor 21 Stunden schrieb sdiegolo78:

. I'm sure Philip and DJ would be up for a few drinks.

I'm sure that DJ would like to have a few drinks with you, but Philip dislikes alcohol. He only loves passionfruit drinks.:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2017 at 1:02 AM, ViceFanMan said:

I'd somehow get on the MV set and beg to be an extra whenever they needed one! :dance2:

Great idea! I would  too :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2021 at 10:56 PM, sdiegolo78 said:

I'd try to get information on where the MV set is going to shoot the next episode. And show up on the day with my pastel suit, pink T-shirt, RayBan wayfarers and loafers (with no socks :)). Then I'd party with the cast once they are finished shooting for the day. I'm sure Philip and DJ would be up for a few drinks.

Excellent plan!

• Like 1

I'd continue wearing anything pastel as I do now, but I'd like to have to be in a nice boat in the water sipping a pina colada with some good food included in that experience. I also like the idea of checking out a Vice shoot later as well.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I'd probably end up becoming a real-life Izzy and start selling European home computers - namely, the Sinclair ZX Spectrum (the Commodore 64's main competitor) - at flea markets to kids and teenagers as cheap alternatives to the expensive NES and Sega Master System consoles of the era, along with the necessary equipment to make it usable on their TVs such as tape recorders, voltage adaptors and signal converters (Spectrum computers are PAL machines, and US TVs at the time used NTSC), along with some games on audio cassette tape (remember those) and some joystick controllers with the appropriate interface. Hell, I'd even modify the machines at their request to use composite instead of crappy RF/aerial (otherwise the poor kids can't use them on their televisions in the States). Heck, that could have been an MV story all of its own, revolving around videogame and software piracy. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am a renegade when it comes to modern cars and their build quality. I lost my faith in premium companies that just produce cars for 100 000 miles and then almost everything cracks , breaks and/or simply has to be changed. They do everything for maximum profit nowdays(sustainable growth) and they far from their real design and production capabilities. Back in the mid 80s it was totally different, different manufacturers wanted to outperform each other, and wanted to put out pure quality.

So if I could go back to 1984/85 in Miami my plan would be to become a Mercedes Benz dealer or salesperson in a dealership because I know a lot about 80s mercedes benz models (W201,W124,W126,R107) engines and technology so I think I could easily convince wealthy people that come into the dealership to buy those reliable cars that were built to last not like todays cars. And I would be passionate to doing so, thats the main thing because I knew those cars are dependable and I don't tell bullshit.

Edited by Kalci