Considering buying a white Testarossa!

Mvice8489

• 1 month later...

I FINALLY BOUGHT A WHITE TESTAROSSA!!!  :)

I ended up buying the car listed above (at Boracci Motors).   Unfortunately it looks like already took the sales ad down.

Here are a few pics I found of it on Google

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1067&bih=522&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=qOfAXJ76OMK9ggfSkZeQDQ&q=boracci+motor+group+white+testarossa&oq=boracci+motor+group+white+testarossa&gs_l=img.12...22005.23433..27970...0.0..0.130.683.0j6......0....1..gws-wiz-img.h5X8PVdasaM#imgrc=zG0r1zHvP8LolM:

Anyway, it is a 1989 (last year of 'Miami Vice' of course:)) with just 14,400 miles on it.  It is the EXACT color combination of Sonny's car.  The car is currently in San Francisco and will be shipped to me here in Milwaukee within the next two weeks   

I will post more details later!

• Like 9

Congratulations pal! I am excited for you. Please post pictures when she arrives. You have one the most iconic cars of all time, and one of the top cars associated with our favorite decade and show.

• Thanks 1

Awesome, enjoy it pal! Meanwhile, I’m thoroughly enjoying my white 1993 Corvette C4 which I pretend is a Testarossa (jk) but here it is. Maybe I’ll get to buy a Testarossa one day. (Yes I’m aware the fender is bent out of place, I need to fix that)

DC7807F0-45AB-4359-BA45-BD9E620BAD74.jpeg

FEF8588E-F1EA-42B7-BA66-B185D07217C0.jpeg

• Like 5

Congrats. Can’t wait to see pics. 

I recently bought a new Maserati Quattroporte in metallic black with saddle interior. I guess I’m more of a villain. :rauchen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it true you can buy a good condition Daytona Spyder for around 30-35k thousand, if true why so cheap?

I know its still a lot of money but  seems like a low price to me.

Edited by RedDragon86

"Is it true you can buy a good condition Daytona Spyder for around 30-35k, if true why so cheap? "

NO!

It is NOT true!  Believe me I have looked for 5  years.  I even started a thread on this forum back in 2014 

I found nothing of any quality at all.  And I looked into EVERY car that hit the market since August 2013.

(Fortunately I already own a black '72 Corvette convertible with wire spoke wheels that looks "a bit like" Crockett's Daytona )

That is why I finally gave up my search and focused on the white Ferrari Testarossa instead.

The Testarossa should look nice parked next to the 'Vette :)

25 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

"Is it true you can buy a good condition Daytona Spyder for around 30-35k, if true why so cheap? "

NO!

It is NOT true!  Believe me I have looked for 5  years.  I even started a thread on this forum back in 2014 

I found nothing of any quality at all.  And I looked into EVERY car that hit the market since August 2013.

(Fortunately I already own a black '72 Corvette convertible with wire spoke wheels that looks "a bit like" Crockett's Daytona )

That is why I finally gave up my search and focused on the white Ferrari Testarossa instead.

The Testarossa should look nice parked next to the 'Vette :)

There is one here in Belgium for £32900.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1099367

16 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

I FINALLY BOUGHT A WHITE TESTAROSSA!!!  :)

I ended up buying the car listed above (at Boracci Motors).   Unfortunately it looks like already took the sales ad down.

Here are a few pics I found of it on Google

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1067&bih=522&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=qOfAXJ76OMK9ggfSkZeQDQ&q=boracci+motor+group+white+testarossa&oq=boracci+motor+group+white+testarossa&gs_l=img.12...22005.23433..27970...0.0..0.130.683.0j6......0....1..gws-wiz-img.h5X8PVdasaM#imgrc=zG0r1zHvP8LolM:

Anyway, it is a 1989 (last year of 'Miami Vice' of course:)) with just 14,400 miles on it.  It is the EXACT color combination of Sonny's car.  The car is currently in San Francisco and will be shipped to me here in Milwaukee within the next two weeks   

I will post more details later!

Sweet!!! Congrats on the new ride...

If you want a couple of pointers from an ex-owner of a TR let me know, I would be more than happy to forward my experience.

Anyway, Mvice, You made the right move for choosing the TestaRossa over the Daytona ...

I just would said, the TR is more iconic ... 

Like I said before, can't wait to see your pics :p

• Thanks 1

Not as exciting, but I've got a Charger that used to be an unmarked police unit (detective's ride most likely). With the V8 and performance package I just pretend it's the Camaro from the pilot...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

Not as exciting, but I've got a Charger that used to be an unmarked police unit (detective's ride most likely). With the V8 and performance package I just pretend it's the Camaro from the pilot...

What happened to the ‘78 Vette? :p

Never cared for Corvettes (or Chevettes, for that matter), honestly. And when you get a chance to pick up a Blues Brothers special (cop shocks, cop breaks, cop tires) in excellent condition that isn't painted black and white, you take it. Plus it's got the 5.7 Hemi in it, so it sounds good. That's why I compare it to the Camaro Crockett used to chase Tubbs when he ran off with the boat.

47 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Never cared for Corvettes (or Chevettes, for that matter), honestly. And when you get a chance to pick up a Blues Brothers special (cop shocks, cop breaks, cop tires) in excellent condition that isn't painted black and white, you take it. Plus it's got the 5.7 Hemi in it, so it sounds good. That's why I compare it to the Camaro Crockett used to chase Tubbs when he ran off with the boat.

Gotcha! Awesome car man, congrats!

I was referring of course to the Vette in which you were running from Crockett back in the day. :p

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Robbie C-    I totally agree.  I NEVER was a big fan of the Corvette.  Vette guys always seemed a bit "odd" IMO. I'd run into them at car shows and was always a bit turned off by their persona. 

But when I found this triple black 'Vette convertible with the Daytona looking wire wheels I bought it instantly.  And you know what? People go CRAZY over it!  I've owned a ton of high end cars.  Multiple Jag's, 6 figure Porsches, and well, now a Testarossa :) .  

But I've gotten more compliments on that 'Vette than all of my other cars combined!  Weird....but true !!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

Robbie C-    I totally agree.  I NEVER was a big fan of the Corvette.  Vette guys always seemed a bit "odd" IMO. I'd run into them at car shows and was always a bit turned off by their persona. 

But when I found this triple black 'Vette convertible with the Daytona looking wire wheels I bought it instantly.  And you know what? People go CRAZY over it!  I've owned a ton of high end cars.  Multiple Jag's, 6 figure Porsches, and well, now a Testarossa :) .  

But I've gotten more compliments on that 'Vette than all of my other cars combined!  Weird....but true !!

Maybe older Vette guys are weird, but I just like mine because it’s slick, fast and suits my personality and appearance very well. Plus I’m 21, not 67 with a beer belly.

4 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

Maybe older Vette guys are weird, but I just like mine because it’s slick, fast and suits my personality and appearance very well. Plus I’m 21, not 67 with a beer belly.

Actually the body style you've got is one of the few I don't mind. It was always the styling of the Vettes I didn't care for. Gotta say I do like the Charger, though. Of course having the cop suspension and all that makes quite a bit of difference. And that 5.7 Hemi has torque like nobody's business, and since it's rear wheel drive you can get some nice kick when you want it.

33 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

When you find a car you like, it's just one of those things. I always did that with motorcycles...never really owned a car until this one.

21 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Actually the body style you've got is one of the few I don't mind. It was always the styling of the Vettes I didn't care for. Gotta say I do like the Charger, though. Of course having the cop suspension and all that makes quite a bit of difference. And that 5.7 Hemi has torque like nobody's business, and since it's rear wheel drive you can get some nice kick when you want it.

Yeah I love the C4’s looks. I don’t like the C3 or earlier too much but C5 is also cool.