Top 20 police and fire shows by Boston Globe

Miami Vice Pal!

• 2 months later...

Seeing as I am also from the boston area let me fix this list:1. Miami Vice2. Kojack3. The Rockford Files4. Law and Order (because of Dennis Farina)5. Crime Story, same reason.6. Barney Miller

Very good shows in there indeed!I suppose it's just a matter of opinion as my number 1 is MV, but the others are also quite good.I remember I was teaching night school Tuesday nights so I taped NYPD Blue religiously when it was on, and watched the tapes (fast forwarded the commercials) I liked that show very much too.

I love the photo they chose for Miami Vice but.......they should have picked one with the whole cast! Notice how draub the clothes are in most of those cop shows & how alive C& T look!My top picks are 1. Miami Vice, 2. Kojak, 3. Hawaii 5O, 4.Streets of S.F.,5. Hill St. Blues

Hmmm. You'll never be satisfied with these lists, but even so, I've got some qualms. Police Squad doesn't really count (great comedic show, absolutely, but it doesn't come to mind when I think "Cop" shows. If they're going that route, where's Sledge Hammer? I guess technically it counts, but still. For the record, I love Police Squad) And TJ Hooker, but no Hunter? Really? And where's Baretta? As far as the Jack Webb entries go, Dragnet deserves it's spot, no doubt, but Adam-12 and Emergency haven't aged all that well, IMO. Maybe that's just me, but I used to love those two shows, and can't really make it through either nowadays.I was ready to complain that Rockford and Magnum were excluded, but those aren't so much cop shows as they were private eye shows. Similar but not the same.Glad MV made it so high up the list. And I was seriously going to be mad if Hill Street Blues didn't place at all. I was growing more worried with each entry until I hit #1. Frankly, it should have been a battle between MV and HSB for the #1 and #2 spots, as they were THE most innovative cop shows, but as far as those rankings go, I'm satisfied.

I love the photo they chose for Miami Vice but.......they should have picked one with the whole cast! Notice how draub the clothes are in most of those cop shows & how alive C& T look!My top picks are 1. Miami Vice' date=' 2. Kojak, 3. Hawaii 5O, 4.Streets of S.F.,5. Hill St. Blues[/quote']NMathews just mentioned one of my favorites.....Homicide, Life on the Street. I would make that # 3 & continue with the rest to #6.

I do love Yaphet Kotto in it, alot of these I haven't seen because they we're before my time, although the ones I have listed I've come across on the sleth channel or in repeats locally, specifically Kojack on a static new york station at about 5 in the morning.A list of 20 is abit short to begin with, should have done something like a list of 40 or 50 since theres just so many to choose from.

Honourable mention to Crime Story as well.Mann's story line about the Chicago Mob and Vegas was brilliant!And who could forget the cars and the clothes...