The "Noog" man

jenny

he had a hard life as a kid. alcoholic mother, that put him out of the home. at 11, he had to live into the streets, among gangs violence

• Sad 1

• 3 years later...

According to his agent Greg Mullins, Charlie Barnett was a pain in the a** to deal with, because of his drug problems: 

“You’d get to the office and your first problem was a Charlie Barnett problem: Charlie’s canceled a date, Charlie’s missed the plane, Charlie’s in the office for a check that’s not due for another few weeks. On Miami Vice they loved his character, his performances. But Charlie could bring confusion to any set he walked onto. And then there were the drugs. Finally, a year and a half ago, I had to cut it off with Charlie. He just got to be too much to deal with.”

As for that famous fistfight with Don Johnson, here's Charlie's version:

“What was it like working with …?”

“Don’t like him. Don Johnson? He doesn’t like me either. I had a fistfight with him, right on the set, first few days. ‘Cause I stole the episode. It was called ‘Cool Runnin’. I stole it. They were talking about how this black guy’s great, and the man just started fuckin’ with me, saying ‘You been on this show for a week and you think it’s yours.’ And so I said, ‘Fuck you,’ and we got into it.”

“Did you get in any good shots?”

“Nah, it turned into a wrassle. The Teamsters grabbed us and dragged us off. He called me and apologized. I just did another Vice, a year ago.”

Source: http://www.thestacksreader.com/king-of-the-park-cracking-up-with-charlie-barnett/

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2023 at 7:52 AM, johnnyfarragut said:

According to his agent Greg Mullins, Charlie Barnett was a pain in the a** to deal with, because of his drug problems: 

“You’d get to the office and your first problem was a Charlie Barnett problem: Charlie’s canceled a date, Charlie’s missed the plane, Charlie’s in the office for a check that’s not due for another few weeks. On Miami Vice they loved his character, his performances. But Charlie could bring confusion to any set he walked onto. And then there were the drugs. Finally, a year and a half ago, I had to cut it off with Charlie. He just got to be too much to deal with.”

As for that famous fistfight with Don Johnson, here's Charlie's version:

“What was it like working with …?”

“Don’t like him. Don Johnson? He doesn’t like me either. I had a fistfight with him, right on the set, first few days. ‘Cause I stole the episode. It was called ‘Cool Runnin’. I stole it. They were talking about how this black guy’s great, and the man just started fuckin’ with me, saying ‘You been on this show for a week and you think it’s yours.’ And so I said, ‘Fuck you,’ and we got into it.”

“Did you get in any good shots?”

“Nah, it turned into a wrassle. The Teamsters grabbed us and dragged us off. He called me and apologized. I just did another Vice, a year ago.”

Source: http://www.thestacksreader.com/king-of-the-park-cracking-up-with-charlie-barnett/

Yeah, Charlie Barnett had a lot of problems...and they said he pretty much acted & was like his "Noogie" character in real life. He was so spastic, and caused some many problems and/or drama on the set, that eventually he was fired from the show & banned from the set. Sadly I think he died from complications from a drug overdose in 1996. 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1