jenny

The "Noog" man

Recommended Posts

jenny    76
jenny

I found this Perrier at the store. I immediately thought of season 1 episode 3 Cool Runnin', so I bought it!

 

 

20170817_071009.png

"So you fellas wanna do business together, or what?

"You know, I'm kinda thirsty.  You got any Perrier around? With a twist?"

20170817_065322.jpg

Edited by jenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf    956
miamijimf

Nice, really enjoyed Noogie.  From what I read he self-destructed with drugs but IMO he stole the show and DJ had reason to dislike this.  Not being critical of DJ, if I was the star of a show I wouldn't like someone else dominating scenes.  Do you think DJ's opinion was a factor?

Edited by miamijimf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan
1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Nice, really enjoyed Noogie.  From what I read he self-destructed with drugs but IMO he stole the show and DJ had reason to dislike this.  Not being critical of DJ, if I was the star of a show I wouldn't like someone else dominating scenes.  Do you think DJ's opinion was a factor?

I have to respectfully disagree with you. ;) Noogie annoyed the crap out of me :evil: and I could hardly stand his scenes...much prefer Izzy to Noogie! From what I understand Charlie Barnett, who played Noogie, acted that way in real life (most likely because he truly was on drugs) and caused a lot of disruption on the set.

Don Johnson finally had had enough and basically wouldn't let him be in the show anymore (however he showed up 1 more time for the beginning of Missing Hours--fitting for him...my opinion :p).Sadly Barnett's habit caught up with him in I think '96.:( 

Im sorry but there is no way on God's green earth that Noogie "stole" the show from DJ or PMT...Crockett and Tubbs pretty much stole the show every time. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jenny    76
jenny
13 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. ;) Noogie annoyed the crap out of me :evil: and I could hardly stand his scenes...much prefer Izzy to Noogie! From what I understand Charlie Barnett, who played Noogie, acted that way in real life (most likely because he truly was on drugs) and caused a lot of disruption on the set.

Don Johnson finally had had enough and basically wouldn't let him be in the show anymore (however he showed up 1 more time for the beginning of Missing Hours--fitting for him...my opinion :p).Sadly Barnett's habit caught up with him in I think '96.:( 

Im sorry but there is no way on God's green earth that Noogie "stole" the show from DJ or PMT...Crockett and Tubbs pretty much stole the show every time. :thumbsup:

  If he acted that way in real life....he certainly did not have to get into character! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jenny    76
jenny
1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Nice, really enjoyed Noogie.  From what I read he self-destructed with drugs but IMO he stole the show and DJ had reason to dislike this.  Not being critical of DJ, if I was the star of a show I wouldn't like someone else dominating scenes.  Do you think DJ's opinion was a factor?

I don't think he dominated it, I think he maybe added to it.   Being they were Vice cops, they encountered different personality types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony D.    804
Tony D.
20 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. ;) Noogie annoyed the crap out of me :evil: and I could hardly stand his scenes...much prefer Izzy to Noogie! From what I understand Charlie Barnett, who played Noogie, acted that way in real life (most likely because he truly was on drugs) and caused a lot of disruption on the set.

Don Johnson finally had had enough and basically wouldn't let him be in the show anymore (however he showed up 1 more time for the beginning of Missing Hours--fitting for him...my opinion :p).Sadly Barnett's habit caught up with him in I think '96.:( 

Im sorry but there is no way on God's green earth that Noogie "stole" the show from DJ or PMT...Crockett and Tubbs pretty much stole the show every time. :thumbsup:

I agree ViceFanMan..................Noogie  didn't steal the show from DJ or PMT, but he definitely added a lot of humor to the episodes he was in. At times he was annoying & maybe Don Johnson was angry with him off the set, but I doubt he got Noogie fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge    121
Assasinge

"Barnett would return for four additional episodes, but an alleged drug-fueled incident involving Don Johnson got him banned from the set, and this (along with a change in the show's direction) led to the "Noogman" role gradually being phased out."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincent Hanna    483
Vincent Hanna

I liked Noogie man, shame what happened to him.:(

My favourite scene of his in Golden Triangle, Switek and Zito are asking him for the name of a guy, Switek picks him up and Noogie does the stereotypical asian voice "ok ok..his name is Howie Wong". I burst out laughing every time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jenny    76
jenny
16 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

"Barnett would return for four additional episodes, but an alleged drug-fueled incident involving Don Johnson got him banned from the set, and this (along with a change in the show's direction) led to the "Noogman" role gradually being phased out."

that's too bad.  I think his last episode was when he was supposed to be getting married, right?

I don't remember the season or episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74    488
Daytona74

Yeah, real shame about Charlie Barnett.

He definitely had talent.

 

Edited by Daytona74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan
46 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

I agree ViceFanMan..................Noogie  didn't steal the show from DJ or PMT, but he definitely added a lot of humor to the episodes he was in. At times he was annoying & maybe Don Johnson was angry with him off the set, but I doubt he got Noogie fired.

Actually I think DJ did have something to do with Charlie Barnett being phased out and/or fired. A post from Assasinge above gives a brief account of what happened. 

22 minutes ago, jenny said:

that's too bad.  I think his last episode was when he was supposed to be getting married, right?

I don't remember the season or episode.

No...Noogie got married earlier in the show. His last appearance was the beginning scenes of Missing Hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincent Hanna    483
Vincent Hanna

I don't know when the "incident" happened but DJ looks noticeably pissed off at Barnett in the opener to Give a Little, Take a little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan
1 hour ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I don't know when the "incident" happened but DJ looks noticeably pissed off at Barnett in the opener to Give a Little, Take a little. 

Lol...originally I always just assumed the character of Crockett was supposed to be irritated and angry at the character of Noggie most of the time.

But once I learned Barnett was on drugs and acted like Noogie normally, and DJ didn't want him on the show because of that...I have no doubt the anger Crockett shows Noogie is real. DJ probably didn't have to do too much acting. :p ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincent Hanna    483
Vincent Hanna

Barnett sounds like a cool dude to have around the set, I want a guy who'll randomly break into Tina Turner songs in the middle of a scene. "What's love got to do with it, what's love but a second hand emotion"..:hippie:

DJ should've boogied with the noogie man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74    488
Daytona74
vor 54 Minuten schrieb Vincent Hanna:

Barnett sounds like a cool dude to have around the set, I want a guy who'll randomly break into Tina Turner songs in the middle of a scene. "What's love got to do with it, what's love but a second hand emotion"..:hippie:

DJ should've boogied with the noogie man.

 

I can understand though that it's difficult to work with somebody who thinks life is a neverending children's birthday party... :)

And when you've got somebody to contend with every day on the set who is just being a goofball all the time, eventually you probably get very annoyed.

Don was known for his antics on the set, but I think ultimately he had a great work ethic and was very focused (at least in the early seasons), so it's only natural that the two would have clashed.

 

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vicefan7777    397
Vicefan7777

All I can say I enjoyed Noogie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan
2 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

 

I can understand though that it's difficult to work with somebody who thinks life is a neverending children's birthday party... :)

And when you've got somebody to contend with every day on the set who is just being a goofball all the time, eventually you probably get very annoyed.

Don was known for his antics on the set, but I think ultimately he had a great work ethic and was very focused (at least in the early seasons), so it's only natural that the two would have clashed.

 

Exactly! Once in a while or a one-time thing to be spastic or flat out stupid can be hilarious...but all the time non-stop? No way! :evil: I love to kid around too, but there is such a thing as work ethic and professionalism. ;)

 Noogie would have annoyed the crap out of me too...actually he did, and I didn't have to be with him for hours on a set---probably having to do take after take because motor mouth couldn't focus or stand still for more than a millisecond! :p  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jenny    76
jenny
2 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

All I can say I enjoyed Noogie.  

me too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vicegirl85    387
vicegirl85

I enjoyed Noogie too--although if the actor was constantly bouncing around, goofing off, and running his mouth between scenes I can imagine it would quickly get annoying to work with him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now