RIP Sonny Landham

Dadrian

Toad from "Viking Bikers" passed today. You may also remember him from "Predator" and other films/shows. RIP. 

IMG_7725.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

RIP.  Very convincing actor.  He had the best line in Viking Bikers. When Reb was talking about going to Valhalla Toad said, " I've always wanted to go to Europe."  I've always thought this was designed to be a funny line, and I'm sure it was, but I was surprised to learn from a German friend that there really is a Valhalla Germany. 

http://www.khq.com/story/36169655/predator-actor-sonny-landham-dead-at-76

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is very sad :( I'm a big fan of Predator,then there was his role in Viking Bikers and also he took part in the movie Action Jackson (which I also like) with Carl Weathers 
RIP 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

I've always thought this was designed to be a funny line, and I'm sure it was, but I was surprised to learn from a German friend that there really is a Valhalla Germany. 

I never knew that. Makes it even funnier! :) 

• Administrators

"We're all gonna die major!"

That sucks, I heard they hired a bodyguard on the set of predator. But it wasn't to "protect" him, it was to protect the other actors from him. 

RIP

• Like 3

This is sad.  He was perfectly cast in all of his roles.  He definitely had a signature laugh and I am sure most people remember his laugh in Predator.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

Quite an imposing native American character in a number of films and tv series, not to mention his earlier, ahem, 'film career'.

I always remember the opening scene from a great film in 48 Hours between Landham as Billy Bear and James Remar (from Buddies) as Ganz:

Ganz: Maybe you should have stole a better truck, Tonto

Billy: You got a big mouth, convict.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Sad to hear Billy from "Predator" has died.  One of my most memorable movie theater experiences-- it scared me to death!  I appreciate the Vice connection, but I try to pretend "Viking Bikers" is just a figment of my imagination.   Season 3 should have been capped at 22 eps.