the OCB a.k.a. Gold Coast Shipping building

airtommy

13 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Nice photo @daytona365 - I can see now that they also used the studio for the scene of the warehouse in Season 5s “Borrasca” which I think has not been identified before.

”Evan”—

“Borrasca”—

They look similar, but I can't find any specific features to match up.  I'm pretty certain that Borrasca scene was not filmed at the studio.  We see the outside as Switek and Tubbs enter.  It was probably filmed at the boatyard.

915246996_vlcsnap-2020-04-11-00h25m51s069(2).png.6b429b67de18ac015def45bf5feb950c.png

• 1 year later...

Here is an interesting article about the Miami Shipbuilding Corp. that became the OCB.  My apologies if this link has been posted before.  I have the link in my files but couldn't find it in this thread.

https://miami-history.com/miami-vice-shipyard/?fbclid=IwAR11g5a7wLI9JfYE8EGMia-seIgGx6UYrUYtrjZVE70chprqMhRm0-rd8bI

• Like 2

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Here is an interesting article about the Miami Shipbuilding Corp. that became the OCB.  My apologies if this link has been posted before.  I have the link in my files but couldn't find it in this thread.

https://miami-history.com/miami-vice-shipyard/?fbclid=IwAR11g5a7wLI9JfYE8EGMia-seIgGx6UYrUYtrjZVE70chprqMhRm0-rd8bI

Thanks Jim!  I don’t recall seeing it anywhere before.  It was a very interesting and thorough article.  The final outcome with the building not being designated for protection is sad but unfortunately not uncommon in Miami.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Here is an interesting article about the Miami Shipbuilding Corp. that became the OCB.

For any newbies here, the building was only used for exterior shots. The interior shots were all a set at Greenwich Studios. 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

The 2000 film "The Crew" has a scene at the Miami Shipyard.  We get a poor view of the OCB corner entrance:

crew3.thumb.png.f07047f2850279bfdab90d62150fdb93.png

and a decent view of the rest of the property:

crew1.thumb.png.ece6b652a5a25f68c85b9f5295f12a7f.png

crew2.thumb.png.945019af95274cd3b60591db044e5b60.png

crew4.thumb.png.3a08d152f14bf67ad739c149bacafe45.png

• Like 5

On 8/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, Dadrian said:

For any newbies here, the building was only used for exterior shots. The interior shots were all a set at Greenwich Studios. 

Dadrian the only interior shots of the real Miami Shipbuilding Corp were the ones you took on an early trip before the building was demolished.  I still have them.

have the studios been demolished. a june article says they have been sold. but i can't find them on Gstreet

Edited by jpaul1