Living Miami Vice

Boca Raton

I love this show!

i love the 3 main leads but am I alone in this thinking:

I wanna be Tubbs in the Cadillac- dressed like Tubbs all dapper total vegetarian but smoking lucky strikes w/ray bans on drinking Lowenbraeu (although I haven't found it in the states since 2008)while playing it cool like Castillo answering with one word replies...

i prefer the weirdness of PMT 1st solo album to DJ's CDs too...

Edited by Boca Raton
Added info
  • Like 2

Tubbs dresses sharper than Crockett, but I prefer Don's look not only because it's more iconic to the 80's, but because as a short man, the single breasted blazer style works better for me. Check out my thread where I show my "Crockett's Closet" clothes collection.

Here's the thing I lived in Miami & to dress like those two you'd die from heatstroke!

In order to get into clubs you have to dress like that, parking is impossible so you have to walk -if you club hop forget it you'd be a sweaty wet mess.

• Like 2

That's what I always thought.  To have to chase down baddies in a Tubbs suit would have been torture.  They only time I remember seeing them sweat was in Definitely Miami.  I know if I dressed like Tubbs I would sweat through those nice clothes before lunch.  At least Crockett could shed the linen blazer for a bit.

I will admit when I wear my Tubbs. look to Sunday church here in southern Nevada I do sweat a lot.  But I l still like the compliments I receive.  So it is worth the suffering. :D

On 22/08/2017 at 4:09 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

I do sometimes dress sharp like Tubbs and feel good about it.  Lowenbraeu was my drink of choice in the 80s.  

It's a nice drink you don't see it much these days :hippie:

On 22.8.2017 at 4:55 PM, IA-SteveB said:

That's what I always thought.  To have to chase down baddies in a Tubbs suit would have been torture.  They only time I remember seeing them sweat was in Definitely Miami.  I know if I dressed like Tubbs I would sweat through those nice clothes before lunch.  At least Crockett could shed the linen blazer for a bit.

It get's pretty warm and humid during summers where I live too, but to live the vice, donning a blazer is inevitable, even if you literally melt away :-)

Mint.jpg.5e13ee13c551f36886b61e032dbccda4.jpg

Me. Today. 86°F

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Heat is one thing but humidity is another.

the desert is opening an oven while cooking hot but in Florida especially Miami the moisture of humidity is wet & swampy.

you can cut it with a knife - the older I get the more I can't stand it - it suffocates you, ruins good clothes instantly/ruins a good hair day etc.

Edited by Boca Raton

Am 22.8.2017 um 03:01 schrieb Boca Raton:

I love this show!

i love the 3 main leads but am I alone in this thinking:

I wanna be Tubbs in the Cadillac- dressed like Tubbs all dapper total vegetarian but smoking lucky strikes w/ray bans on drinking Lowenbraeu (although I haven't found it in the states since 2008)while playing it cool like Castillo answering with one word replies...

i prefer the weirdness of PMT 1st solo album to DJ's CDs too...

I don't know the 1st album but I know "Somebody" and I definitely like it. :)

Edited by Den Taylor

I watched the show as a teen and grew to love the water lifestyle.  Anybody else have a boat like Sonny?  Here's mine.  She's a Columbia 28 sloop built in 1968.  I've had her since 2003 and next year she's 50.

post-10973-13892964318743.jpg

post-10973-13892964318595.jpg

post-10973-13892964317428.jpg

post-10973-13892964319959.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

I watched the show as a teen and grew to love the water lifestyle.  Anybody else have a boat like Sonny?  Here's mine.  She's a Columbia 28 sloop built in 1968.  I've had her since 2003 and next year she's 50.

Rad! Since I was a kid watching MV I always thought it would be so cool to live on a boat like his!

6 hours ago, pahonu said:

Great shots ! Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

even if classy, no way i'll wear Tubbs outfits in Florida. PMT said it himself in an article. wearing such clothes in Miami was a nightmare. even if you have money, and you jump from air conditioned places to air conditioned places i don't think it's conceivable in a tropical area like Miami. plus i'm the kind of guy that drives his bike bare-chested. so no, i don't see myself imposing me such torture. Crockett style, even less classy, is much more appropriated IMO

@ pahonu: this is awesome!

Edited by jpm1

On 03/09/2017 at 6:50 AM, Boca Raton said:

Rad! Since I was a kid watching MV I always thought it would be so cool to live on a boat like his!

That is definately like Sonny’s - great to see :hippie:

57 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

even if classy, no way i'll wear Tubbs outfits in Florida. PMT said it himself in an article. wearing such clothes in Miami was a nightmare. even if you have money, and you jump from air conditioned places to air conditioned places i don't think it's conceivable in a tropical area like Miami. plus i'm the kind of guy that drives his bike bare-chested. so no, i don't see myself imposing me such torture. Crockett style, even less classy, is much more appropriated IMO

@ pahonu: this is awesome!

Yes but a lot of Tubbs suits were fine silk so he wouldn’t have been sweltering ! But I agree by the most practical wear in that climate :hippie:

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Boca Raton said:

I don't live aboard, but I have spent many a night on the hook with her.  I do live right in the marina in the photos, though: Marina Pacifica, Alamitos Bay, Long Beach, CA  Had a buddy who lived aboard for years.  He had a Formosa 41 ketch, about the size of Sonny's Endeavour 42.  I don't know where Sonny kept all his stylish clothes because life aboard is tight!  :)

• Like 3

Very cool boat pahonu.  Like a lot of other folks I have had dreams about living on a boat.  One of the advantages is when you get tired of the local people or area you can always up-anchor and sail to a different town.  I used to know people who lived on their boat moored to one of the Dinner Key docks.  The dockage fees got too high so they just anchored off shore and used their dingy to commute as needed to land.  Interesting life style. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 12:07 AM, pahonu said:

Great boat!

But everyone knows it's incomplete without a........

5a3e4afe57262_giphy-downsized(2).gif.e83171b16b3bb4f73f7b518a32fc4bf4.gif

Edited by ComplimentsofMrCalderone
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...