Art Deco-inspired new Mercedes Maybach

Daytona74

Mercedes has unveiled a design study for a Mercedes-Maybach convertible that draws heavily on Art Deco design:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/19/mercedes-vision-6-concept-car/#gallery=774967&slide=7038546&index=1

It appears to be a 20-foot all-electric car capable of delivering 750hp with a range of 200 miles.

Probably not the best car to take the kids to school or do a groceries run, but wouldn't you like to zip down Ocean Drive and the Art Deco District in this... :thumbsup:

eng-0818_mercedes_topart-6757-.jpg

0818-mercedes-6684-1.jpg

0818-mercedes-6772-1.jpg

• Like 2

I think the design of the wheels isn't so bad. But together with those low-profile tires, huge rims like that often look a little pretentious. Those must be 22'' rims or something. Looks a little big for a car that has otherwise quite a low belt line.

Also, I imagine it's always difficult parking a car with wheels like that on a curb without putting a dent in your rims... :p

Edited by Daytona74

Parking by a curb would be a chore.  Those vanes just seem to WANT curb rash on them sticking out so far.  I suppose if you can afford the car a little fix-up to a $5000 wheel isn't hard to stomach.

That said, I'd still take one. :)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb IA-SteveB:

I suppose if you can afford the car a little fix-up to a $5000 wheel isn't hard to stomach.

Yeah... people like that think in different categories... they spend more than that on a new wrist watch or a set of earrings... :p