What episode was the last of Sonny smoking?

Boca Raton

I think he smokes in One Way Ticket but that was filmed before some of the previous episodes, so guessing around the time of that and Junk Love/Tale of the Goat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

It took him from One Eyed Jack all the way to One Way Ticket to "give [those] things up". :) 

I think Crockett smoked his Luckys from the beginning...Pilot TV movie, till at least One Way Ticket. He was smoking before One Eyed Jack. He also only quit onscreen...who knows in real-life. :rauchen:

Edited by ViceFanMan

4 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I think Crockett smoked his Luckys from the beginning...Pilot TV movie, till at least One Way Ticket. He was smoking before One Eyed Jack. He also only quit onscreen...who knows in real-life. :rauchen:

:) 

C'mon now. I know he smoked from the beginning. One Eyed Jack is where he said "I gotta give these things up". :baby:

• Administrators

i thought he said he had to give them up in "Nobody Lives Forever"   Don't hold me to the exact words but:

Sonny:  "I gotta give these damn things up someday"

Brenda: "That's probably one of the least dangerous things you do"

48 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

i thought he said he had to give them up in "Nobody Lives Forever"   Don't hold me to the exact words but:

Sonny:  "I gotta give these damn things up someday"

Brenda: "That's probably one of the least dangerous things you do"

You're right!

I was just trying to make a joke. Sorry for all the confusion. It was the parallelism of the episodes starting with "One" I was playing off of, because, of course, he tells DeMarco almost the same thing. It wasn't funny. :) It kind of is now, though. :):):) 

Smoker Crockett was cooler than non-smoking Crockett imo. :cool:  

I read that new shows now are not even allowed to feature smoking, That's ridiculous man. Do these TV execs have such a low opinion of their audience that they'd assume that they would take up smoking just because they saw their favourite character doing it on TV?. Even if that was proven somehow, it's still a free country and people are responsible for their own choices.

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Vincent Hanna:

Do these TV execs have such a low opinion of their audience that they'd assume that they would take up smoking just because they saw their favourite character doing it on TV?

If advertising literature is to be believed, yes.

or look at any political talk show in the 1970s. They were all smoking like a chimney...  :rauchen:

Good for Don though that he quit smoking. I quit around the same age as him, and I have never felt better... :thumbsup:

I quit 5/8/01...@ 4:34pm, lol!!  :rauchen: Psychologically sometimes I still miss it---until I smell it again, but even more so I see the price of a pack of Marlboro....yikes!! :eek:  Lol. Then I'm reminded how glad I am I quit and returned to running. At 41 I can run a mile faster than I did at 21! :dance2: Im also in much better shape. :thumbsup:

What do y'all think about those iconic soft pack Luckies? 

They sure make you feel like the greatest Miami detective :cool:

Also nauseous and dizzy once in my case. Not being a regular smoker I found them packing quite a punch.

• Like 1

I quit cold turkey five years ago and it was the best decision I had made in a very long time.

Cravings are long behind me also now. I found that I had moments of weakness now and then for the first two or three years where I thought "Man, a cigarette would be great right now", but that has passed and is no longer an issue today. I honestly haven't smoked a single cigarette since early 2012.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Gary1911A1:

In a Rolling Stones interview a few years ago JD said he quit smoking cigarettes and now vapors.

I don't really know what to make of vaping. I can't really buy into the idea that vaping is a way of quitting smoking more gradually. I know a few "vapers", and they have been doing it sometimes for two or three years. It's like, when are you finally going to rid yourself of your habit altogether. Yes, there is no easier way to aggravate somebody who vapes than by telling them that, but I think I have a point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

I don't really know what to make of vaping. I can't really buy into the idea that vaping is a way of quitting smoking more gradually. I know a few "vapers", and they have been doing it sometimes for two or three years. It's like, when are you finally going to rid yourself of your habit altogether. Yes, there is no easier way to aggravate somebody who vapes than by telling them that, but I think I have a point.

I don't agree with or like the whole vape thing...to me it is a huge precursor to smoking cigarettes for kids and teens, and I'll go so far as to say it appears to be a precursor to drugs as well! It's also a lot easier to hide cannabis oil and other illegal substances in the "flavored" vapor...so it's easier for teens or kids to do illegal drugs and use the vapor to mask it. :thumbsdown:

Why do we need any kind of chemical or vapor to suck into our lungs and/or bodies at all? :baby: 

Remember a couple years ago when they tried to ban E-cigs, but they wanted to keep real cigarettes!! It reminded me of a George Carlin bit "They ban toy guns but they keep the fk-ing real ones!!":birdie:

All I know is that my mom was a lifelong smoker and she went from smoking a pack a day to using an E-cig, so it's got to be better than inhaling poison all day. 

As to E-cigs being used as a gateway drug, well you know that's people's choice. If we're going to be a fascist state that bans harmful substances then you have to be consistent. You can't just ban one thing and keep real cigarettes on the market. If someone knows the risks and want to smoke in their own home then it's fine by me, It's their life after all.

32 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

It's also a lot easier to hide cannabis oil and other illegal substances in the "flavored" vapor...so it's easier for teens or kids to do illegal drugs and use the vapor to mask it.

Hmm I did not know that, Interesting. Thanks for the tip.:thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Remember a couple years ago when they tried to ban E-cigs, but they wanted to keep real cigarettes!! It reminded me of a George Carlin bit "They ban toy guns but they keep the fk-ing real ones!!":birdie:

All I know is that my mom was a lifelong smoker and she went from smoking a pack a day to using an E-cig, so it's got to be better than inhaling poison all day. 

As to E-cigs being used as a gateway drug, well you know that's people's choice. If we're going to be a fascist state that bans harmful substances then you have to be consistent. You can't just ban one thing and keep real cigarettes on the market. If someone knows the risks and want to smoke in their own home then it's fine by me, It's their life after all.

Two years ago my wife was hospitalized with pneumonia & the doctor told her she was on the verge of emphysema, if she kept smoking. Our daughter bought her a couple o E -cigs, but my wife never tried them. She just threw her cigarettes away and quit...cold turkey! At first she missed it but that passed & she hasn't gone back. We are all happier for it!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

3 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Two years ago my wife was hospitalized with pneumonia & the doctor told her she was on the verge of emphysema, if she kept smoking. Our daughter bought her a couple o E -cigs, but my wife never tried them. She just threw her cigarettes away and quit...cold turkey! At first she missed it but that passed & she hasn't gone back. We are all happier for it!!

It's always best to quit...I've read they're finding out there's a lot of harmful junk in E-cigarettes too. There is no healthy or non-harmful chemical to suck into your lungs. ;) Im not saying tobacco shouldn't be made illegal too...but like it or not it doesnt "fry" a person's brain cells (although it plays hell with your lungs)...you can still make rational decisions while smoking it. 

Illegal drugs and other chemicals can do far more harm in a lot faster time, than tobacco. Making them illegal is not fascist, lol :), it's called trying to ensure a healthier life for people! If we had no laws or rules helping govern some of what people do when it comes to physical and mental health, then there'd be nothing but utter chaos and destruction! Making drugs legal just so some can destroy their lives (figuratively and literally) while getting high is not okay. :done:

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

There is no healthy or non-harmful chemical to suck into your lungs. ;)

Except for good ol' oxygen. That's good for your health. :) 

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Vincent Hanna:

In the end, I agree with you. Because then you could also extend that way of thinking to alcohol. Granted, alcohol has a much lower addictive potential than nicotione, and the vast majority of people who like a glass now and then will never turn into alcoholics.  But the bottom line is, it is your choice. It's a lot smarter to quit smoking or never take it up in the first place if you value health and longevity, but it's your choice as an adult to do that to yourself. Even though I keep bugging my friends who still smoke to consider quitting, I have no real right to tell them to give it up.

That shouldn't mean, though, that people should get do do illegal drugs because hey, it's your choice. Most of those drugs are illegal for very good reasons. If you've ever seen a meth head up close, you know why.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ViceFanMan:

It's always best to quit...I've read they're finding out there's a lot of harmful junk in E-cigarettes too.

Doesn't surprise me. That industry is still largely unregulated, and you never know what's really in those flavorings. And you don't know how those substances behave once they are heated to a few hundred degrees inside an e-cigarette. You can have new chemicals forming that will then be just as bad for you and your lungs as actual cigarette smoke.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James said:

Except for good ol' oxygen. That's good for your health. :) 

Lol, true...but oxygen isn't a chemical. That's the only thing that's supposed to be in your lungs. :dance2: