Beginnings for my new Youtube channel!

Dadrian

Here's a little test run I did on syncing recorded audio and video. As things progress, I will have a new YouTube channel dedicated to Jan Hammer's MV score. Check it out:

• Like 5

Thank you! Just to be clear, the video above is actually on my regular old channel. Still, I welcome all subscribers. There may be more updates there before the new channel commences. Once I get everything figured out, I will make a couple of videos and post them to the new channel, which will have nothing to do with me personally--just awesome MV music! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I saw that. I LOVE Masuka! :) Made my day! :thumbsup:

Haha yeah, he's the best! Just thought I should reply here to let you know since you subbed back. :) 

• Like 1

On 25/08/2017 at 4:00 AM, Dadrian said:

Here's a little test run I did on syncing recorded audio and video. As things progress, I will have a new YouTube channel dedicated to Jan Hammer's MV score. Check it out:

Just great !:hippie:

• Thanks 1

UPDATE:

So, I’ve mentioned a needed item that’s holding me up from being back in business with the covers/YouTube channel. 

I just won an auction for it on eBay today! As Izzy said: “Something I been looking to take down for a long tine”. :) 

It’s literally the last piece of my puzzle to reverse engineer nearly any cue from the first 2 seasons. 

As soon as it arrives, it’s totally GAME-ON with the covers! :thumbsup:

(for musicians interested, the missing piece was the very rare blue face MXR M126 rack flanger/doubler he famously used on virtually all of his lead guitar sounds—clean or overdriven. Jan once told me he has 5 of them!)

FEC725B3-BFAA-4CA6-91A2-0EB907BCB014.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

• Administrators

This has to be one of the coolest things this site has ever offered!  Something totally exclusive to our site!    I'm in! :thumbsup:

Hey srobak, are you listening?!   :p

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

This has to be one of the coolest things this site has ever offered!  Something totally exclusive to our site.    I'm in! :thumbsup:

Hey srobak, are you listening?!   :p

I agree just great Lou what Dadrian is doing !:hippie::radio:

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

UPDATE:

So, I’ve mentioned a needed item that’s holding me up from being back in business with the covers/YouTube channel. 

I just won an auction for it on eBay today! As Izzy said: “Something I been looking to take down for a long tine”. :) 

It’s literally the last piece of my puzzle to reverse engineer nearly any cue from the first 2 seasons. 

As soon as it arrives, it’s totally GAME-ON with the covers! :thumbsup:

(for musicians interested, the missing piece was the very rare blue face MXR M126 rack flanger/doubler he famously used on virtually all of his lead guitar sounds—clean or overdriven. Jan once told me he has 5 of them!)

FEC725B3-BFAA-4CA6-91A2-0EB907BCB014.jpeg

This is so great ! Best news this morning so far Dadrian !:hippie:

• Like 1

So the guy emails me today and says he tested the Flanger before mailing it and it wasn’t working. He issued me a full refund. :evil:

“Easy come, easy go.” 

So, I’m back to a stand still. :thumbsdown:

@Sonny-Burnett, @Stinger390XI wonder if he has a Daytona for sale. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear but ..my first thought was did you bid so low he wants out of the deal? . Or have you asked him what's involved in repairing the unit and what are his plans to do so? He can't very well sell the unit until he does, right? 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I didn’t ask. The whole thing ended up getting really strange. I counted my blessings with the refund and washed my hands. 

sounds a little dodgy, like the guy who didn't want to let me have his factory sat nav for 200 bucks less than the usual eBay price (not my fault he misspelled it and had it ending at 4pm on a Tuesday). Kept making excuses, said the DVD drive wasn't working and the front panel had scratches (none of which turned out to be true)... until I threatened to clear my desk of all my other eBay auctions and... well, you know... :) 

So these flangers are really rare, are they?

Edited by Daytona74
  • Haha 2

Okay so I found another one, made and offer, and THEY ACCEPTED. 

Cool side note: the seller is a music recording studio in Miami. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 01/11/2017 at 12:29 AM, Dadrian said:

Okay so I found another one, made and offer, and THEY ACCEPTED. 

Cool side note: the seller is a music recording studio in Miami. :thumbsup:

Now that is cool and the Miami studio - 

could be Criteria (where they shot Season 4s “Like a Hurricane”) ?!:hippie::dance2:

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Now that is cool and the Miami studio - 

could be Criteria (where they shot Season 4s “Like a Hurricane”) ?!:hippie::dance2:

I only know it’s in North Miami Beach. I will check the return label upon arrival. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

New update on my covers. Check it out!

Copied/pasted from the YouTube video description:

iPhone video alert! Here’s a glimpse of my new setup. This is basically all I need to pick up where I left off. All you’re hearing is the DX7 guitar patch thru the flanger (in “DOUBLER” mode here) with some plate emulation reverb, and the pad track I recorded years ago with my now gone Roland Juno 106. The Rockman X100 (in the ROCKMOUNT) and the JP-08 are only shown (not heard) here. I now have a JU-06 to go forward for the Memorymoog pads (not shown or heard here).

NOT HQ AUDIO! :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I found the brackets to rack my trusty old Behringer mixer, so I got a tabletop rack to mount it with my MXR Flanger and Rockman. I will get a 1U tray to set my audio interface in so everything will be all nice together and right at my fingertips. :thumbsup: :radio:

4575038F-38C8-4EEE-8E34-998C2DEC7259.jpeg

F92CFB35-609C-4EE4-8F80-90D3ADD13FA8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, Dadrian said:

New update on my covers. Check it out!

Copied/pasted from the YouTube video description:

iPhone video alert! Here’s a glimpse of my new setup. This is basically all I need to pick up where I left off. All you’re hearing is the DX7 guitar patch thru the flanger (in “DOUBLER” mode here) with some plate emulation reverb, and the pad track I recorded years ago with my now gone Roland Juno 106. The Rockman X100 (in the ROCKMOUNT) and the JP-08 are only shown (not heard) here. I now have a JU-06 to go forward for the Memorymoog pads (not shown or heard here).

NOT HQ AUDIO! :) 

Dadrian, it'd be cool to hear you just unleash a long video covering a bunch of the sounds that Jan made. It doesn't have to be perfect, and you don't have to worry about us hating your voice or anything, we are family! But it would be really neat to see all of the things that Jan tried with his sounds for us that doesn't have access to equipment like this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

Dadrian, it'd be cool to hear you just unleash a long video covering a bunch of the sounds that Jan made. It doesn't have to be perfect, and you don't have to worry about us hating your voice or anything, we are family! But it would be really neat to see all of the things that Jan tried with his sounds for us that doesn't have access to equipment like this.

Yeah man, that’s totally the plan here! Great minds! :thumbsup: