Beginnings for my new Youtube channel!

Dadrian

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s another development:

From the YouTube description:

I’m using a summing cable to send hi-fi stereo signal to mono input of iPad video camera. Videos of single sounds like this will not require stereo imaging. This is Roland’s “Boutique Series” JP-08 synth that reproduces some old Jupiter 8 sounds (like this one) quite faithfully. Not quite as warm, but very convincing in a mix.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

not logged in for so long ... and what !! : so cool to see you back in business \o/

so happy to read your "running up", can't wait your next covers ...

you do have no idea how much your covers have been played on my hifi :) 

a french afficionado

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mixomatos said:

not logged in for so long ... and what !! : so cool to see you back in business \o/

so happy to read your "running up", can't wait your next covers ...

you do have no idea how much your covers have been played on my hifi :) 

a french afficionado

I agree with you. Can't wait either! Very much looking forward to @Dadrian cover's/YouTube channel. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys are the best. Thanks. I think there are a lot of MV/Jan Hammer fans on YouTube that aren’t on our site. Maybe the channel will help to generate a little more interest. 

I wish it wasn’t taking me so long to get things going. We have small kids now, so free time is rare. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

You guys are the best. Thanks. I think there are a lot of MV/Jan Hammer fans on YouTube that aren’t on our site. Maybe the channel will help to generate a little more interest. 

I wish it wasn’t taking me so long to get things going. We have small kids now, so free time is rare. 

At least you are working at it. Good luck, Dadrian with your project. I wish I knew how to do something similar.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Completely understand. :thumbsup:  This is worth waiting for. And those small pieces of video is great too!  

I also think the channel could get more people to join here, those who don't know about the site or haven't' been on in a long time. Even if it's just for a couple of posts wouldn't be bad. I have thought about adding the miamiviceonline link to my channel, in hopes that people will have some discussions here as well.  

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dadrian, you, hands down, are an integral piece of the “Miami Vice Online” crew! Your covers get everyday play time in my 17’ Nissan Rogue (I drive a lot for work). As a guitar player who’s been out of playing electric for a bit (mainly acoustic for a few years) makes me want to plug in the guitar and jam w/ this stuff. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, BrlnMV said:

Just subscribed too. Good work man!!

Thanks. I’m getting closer every day to finishing my big kickoff video. I will post the channel here when it becomes official. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It’s actually just one pink- and one green-colored LED bulb from Lowe’s! I got a blue one, too. Not bad for $5 per bulb! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crockettt said:

Great Dadrian, it reminds me neons at Duddy's house from Lend Me An Ear. :)

Thanks.  Pretty much exactly what I was going for!

• 1 month later...

I’m out of town on business, but I brought some toys along. It’s not upside down on my iPad, but the video somehow loaded that way on YouTube. :) 

Here’s a little clip from my hotel room :p

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Dadrian, you rock Brutha! You have no idea how much I listen to your stuff... over & over lol.

I’m assuming it’s while you work on your car. That’s just great, really. 

• 1 month later...

I originally had the little gray MXR Flanger pedal (like Van Halen’s) that you heard on all my old covers. You may remember all my toils with trying to get the highly sought-after rack version:

On 10/29/2017 at 10:13 PM, Dadrian said:

UPDATE:

So, I’ve mentioned a needed item that’s holding me up from being back in business with the covers/YouTube channel. 

I just won an auction for it on eBay today! As Izzy said: “Something I been looking to take down for a long tine”. :) 

It’s literally the last piece of my puzzle to reverse engineer nearly any cue from the first 2 seasons. 

As soon as it arrives, it’s totally GAME-ON with the covers! :thumbsup:

(for musicians interested, the missing piece was the very rare blue face MXR M126 rack flanger/doubler he famously used on virtually all of his lead guitar sounds—clean or overdriven. Jan once told me he has 5 of them!)

FEC725B3-BFAA-4CA6-91A2-0EB907BCB014.jpeg

I got this email today, and the screen cap pretty much sums this whole saga up for me. :) 

AD858FC8-354D-4086-BCB2-376A998ED968.jpeg

4F2D5786-9C30-42AD-9F86-3CD043ECA82F.jpeg

So I’m listing the rack on eBay now as “We Do What We’re Told” plays in the background :):):) 

23 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

So I’m listing the rack on eBay now as “We Do What We’re Told” plays in the background :):):) 

So cool:xmas: