Tobe Hooper Rest In Peace

Tommy Vercetti

It's sad to report that Tobe Hooper, director of I think the greatest horror film ever The Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the age of 74. This is sad news. He directed an innovative and influential classic and his position in movie history, particularly horror movie history, is assured because of it. I don't think anything else he directed came close to the greatest of TCM although a lot of people rate Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 highly and it has a strong cult following. I think it has great moments but I thought it was overly violent and that was a betrayal of the original.
Still, the greatness of the original TCM means Tobe's name will live on. So Rest In Peace.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Thanks 1

him and Romero were almost the only ones that knew how to do a great horror movie. but well, nobody's eternal. there's only one thing we are sure about in life, it's that the end will come soon or later

5 hours ago, jpm1 said:

him and Romero were almost the only ones that knew how to do a great horror movie. but well, nobody's eternal. there's only one thing we are sure about in life, it's that the end will come soon or later

Very true 

I will admit I too am a big fan of the original TCM.  There is something about low budget, non CGI horror films of the 1970s that was so cool.  RIP Mr Hopper.