Orillia Poker Run

Stinger390X

I had a great weekend up in Orillia on Lake Simcoe and Lake Cookchaching!

Trailered my boat, along with my buddy Chris (pic three, the one orange yellow and purple boat) up to Orillia on Friday and the weather was absolutely perfect! Three mph winds and a high pressure that brought a glass smooth lake and sunny days. About 40 boats showed up and they were remarkable for sure! My poor dingy couldn't hold a candle to these boats most of which could top 120mph and one boat could do 180mph!!! Still...I had a good time being at the rear of the pack and coming in last but the experience was fabulous. many people came over to the boat when we were all docked at port and recognized it right off. I met many enthusiasts and they all complimented me on what good shape a 32 year old boat was in.

We took off from the Port of Orillia and sadly I broke down only a mile out! I blew two belts off the new engine so had to turn back. I fixed it in about an hour and headed to Lagoon City where I met the group for lunch. There were plenty of spectators there as well and the boat parade was incredible coming out of port for the third leg of the run.

The banquet was Saturday night and unfortunately I got "nada" for my poker hand.........Great meal, met lots of other boaters and had a great time.

The next day we just went out to Coochaching and headed over to a bay where everyone hangs out called "Big Chief Island" Its all knee deep water and a great place to raft up with friends.

I was amazed at how many people came up and started chatting about Miami Vice. They were interested in the boat and I even had some dicks ask "hey dude...where's Tubbs?" Oh well...there is a few in every crowd???

There is a bunch of pics and video of the event on FB and YT if you search. We raised over 20 grand for prostrate cancer!

DSCN0292.JPG

DSCN0289.JPG

DSCN0309.JPG

DSCN0295.JPG

DSCN0301.JPG

DSCN0297.JPG

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 4

Ya....I know. I find many middle aged people who were old enough to see the series on tv originally come up and say hello.

What really blows my mind is the young kids who were not even born when the series aired are so savvy about the series, the actors and of course the boat.  They always comment on the cool music used in the series!

Way to go millenials!

• Like 1