Imaj Thomas' "Thank You" to us Vicers!

James

• Administrators

Philip Michael Thomas' daughter Imaj just made an In The Air Tonight cover for us Vicers and posted it on Facebook with a loving message. 

Check it out here: 

This is for the Vice fans all over the world. Feel free to share far and wide. You all loved my father for years and when you found my music, you were so loving and embracing to me as well. You're truly such a special and loyal community of fans, and as a special thank you I just wanted to do something fun for your anniversary. Miami Vice debuted September 16, 1984. I hope you get a kick out of my Phil Collins cover of "In The Air Tonight." You are loved. #MiamiVice #HappyAnniversary #Tubbs #Crockett

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

frankly a great version. when i listen at a song twice in a row, it's because it's great. both background rythmn and female voice sensuality are cool, and give this version its own pattern

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

frankly a great version. when i listen at a song twice in a row, it's because it's great. both background rythmn and female voice sensuality are cool, and give this version its own pattern

I agree. A lot of "In The Air Tonight" covers and remixes are actually pretty terrible. But Imaj smashed it out of the park with this, the rare occasion when you actually hear a good cover of the song. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2017 at 12:29 PM, James said:

Philip Michael Thomas' daughter Imaj just made an In The Air Tonight cover for us Vicers and posted it on Facebook with a loving message. 

Check it out here: 

I saw this and felt it was a touching tribute .. and respectful to us Vice fans !

A great version also of this iconic song :hippie:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, almost sounds like a completely different song. That could actually be released as a single. This is the first time I heard about Imaj so I'm wondering if she's actually a sucessful artist? She should be! (Maybe more succesful than her fasther ;-)) Pretty lady too. Thanks a lot, Imaj!

p.s.: Just found this picture on the web...

d5fed9d57b34a70f8bbab8b6f938f69f.jpg

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Den Taylor said:

Wow, almost sounds like a completely different song. That could actually be released as a single. This is the first time I heard about Imaj so I'm wondering if she's actually a sucessful artist? She should be! (Maybe more succesful than her fasther ;-)) Pretty lady too. Thanks a lot, Imaj!

p.s.: Just found this picture on the web...

d5fed9d57b34a70f8bbab8b6f938f69f.jpg

Not hugely successful, but she has released a few albums and has a decent amount of fans.