Vice Neon Imitations on TV

miamijimf

The 1990 episode entitled ‘Columbo Cries Wolf’ in season nine of the highly rated TV detective series Columbo has neon decorations clearly copied from Vice: a smaller non-blinking version of the lips in Little Miss Dangerous, a palm tree, flamingo, and six other neon decorations that look like Mr. Neon’s creations.  Obvious examples of Vice's impact on TV.

Capturec.JPG

Capturec2.JPG

Capturec3.JPG

Capturec4.JPG

Capturec5.JPG

Capturec6.JPG

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

That is so cool!  Someday I will get my own neon decorations and make my own Vice corner in my house. 

Ha ha - I agree beyond cool ! :hippie:

Someone rightfully said, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery."  I forget who.

Edited by miamijimf

Although it's not clear if life was imitating art or the other way round ;)

What I am saying is, I remember those neon signs being popular from when I was a kid even before "Vice". I guess they were just part of the design vernacular in those days, only that nobody had done them before to the extent that Vice ended up using them.

If you get what I mean...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, miamijimf said:

Someone rightfully said, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery."  I forget who.

Charles Caleb Colton (1780–1832) was an English cleric, writer and collector, well known for his eccentricities.  One of Colton's most famous quotes: "Imitation is the sincerest [form] of flattery".

• Like 2