Don Johnson drunk call

Daytona74

sorry if this has been posted before -

Not one of Don's proudest moments, but he still carried himself well :)

Just imagine two dopes like that calling you up and pestering you after you've had a drink or two... ;)

• Haha 3

I heard this on the radio.  It was repeated several times by the talk show people.  Don certainly had highs and lows in his life but fortunately seems OK these days.

• Like 1

well highs and lows or not, it's just low hanging fruit to call somebody on a radio show, realize they're a bit tipsy and then make fun of them like that... :p

I don't know who Ron and Ron are (or were), but at age 38, they should have known better :p

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

I don't know who Ron and Ron are (or were), but at age 38, they should have known better :p

Anything for ratings right?  :thumbsdown:

I think Don has done pretty well with his alcohol issues over the years.  Hopefully that's a testimony to his happiness. 

When was this? Recently? This is funny lol

Edit: Apparently the Ron and Ron show seems to be a radio show from the 90s to the 2000s...this is hilarious still.

I have to be honest though, is Don Johnson this rude normally or just because he was drunk?

Edited by Assasinge

I would put it somewhere in the mid-90s, because that's when Planet Hollywood was really in its heyday. They mention that the Planet Hollywood in Miami had just opened for business, which was in 1994 according to Wikipedia.

It was probably between 1994 and Nash Bridges; otherwise, they probably would have mentioned Nash Bridges and not just asked what he was doing at the moment.

Yes, he went into alcohol rehab in 1994 following several incidents including wrecking his car while driving under the influence, with his son Jesse in the vehicle.  This is also about the time his marriage to Melanie was going south (possibly related to his alcohol abuse although she has been known to have those problems as well).

http://people.com/archive/cover-story-not-so-magic-johnson-vol-41-no-23/

Kudos to Don--I respect and admire the fact that he has apparently worked to get to a place in his life where he is not abusing alcohol and drugs.  He appears to have a solid marriage to his wife, Kelley, as well as a good relationship with Melanie and with his 6 children.   I have to say it's kind of sad that this call is still accessible on the internet (but, I was curious and listened to it, too!), but obviously Don has absorbed and adjusted to the fact that anything a person says or does today can be spread all over the world quickly and be available in the future for the entertainment of anyone who can use Google. 

• Like 1

hm... if you see it in that light, this whole radio show call was kind of kicking somebody when they were down... or just about to regain their footing...

He still carried himself well though and played it cool, considering...

I was never an alcoholic, but if you had called me up like that during my wild days, after I'd had a few drinks, I would have torn you a new one over the phone :)

• Like 1

Yes, I agree he handled himself well, considering.  Overall he appeared to be striving to maintain an even keel in the conversation, although obviously he was impaired.  I have always been on guard not to let myself get in the habit of drinking alcohol much because I've been around too many people who abuse it (and was afraid that could happen to me).  And the majority of people I've known would have gotten hot under the collar over a call like that.  They were deliberately goading him as well.

• Like 1

These guys had a grand chance to have a fun witty conversation with Don and totally ruined it with their grade school dialect and attitude. I think Don was a bit in on the joke for some of it, and was willing to provide some amusing back-and-forth banter. However the way these two came across with their abrasive tone and lackluster interview skills it wound up being an annoying event. This is probably back from the era when every radio hack was trying to match the then rising mojo of Howard Stern, most all of which possessed half his talent. Had I been on the phone, even if I would have been sober I would have found them to be incredibly irritating (probably more so). Anyway, thanks for sharing this, always good to check in around here, and always nice to hear some Don. Best wishes to all.   

• Like 1

That was great, I was having Mel Gibson vibes. They got the same cadence when they talk. Everything...has to be...dramatic.

• Administrators

I recall the Ron and Ron show here in Tampa. These guys were doofs. I never thought much of their show when they were on.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

If he was drunk (which it sounds like he was) his filters would probably have been on a lower setting than normal.  He could have gotten offended just because he realized they were making fun of him.  Doesn't take much, doesn't have to have a rational reason.  I'm kind of sad this clip is still out there, but it does make me glad that he has seemingly won the battle with his alcoholism after several reboots.

• Like 1

This clip makes me sad. I heard it years ago and don't want to hear it again! Enough said...

Edited by mjcmmv

I don’t know these two guys. It sounds like they woke Don up and I would be the same way after a late night. I think these two idiots just wanted to jerk off with a celebrity and sounds like Don was having fun with them not taking it serious. 

Thanks never heard this before 

21 hours ago, Bren10 said:

They may have been doofs but Don was the first one to get belligerent.  I don't even know what he was upset about.

I think the after effects of the alcohol he consumed made him a bit paranoid and touchy, he sounds very confused and tired. 

21 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think the after effects of the alcohol he consumed made him a bit paranoid and touchy, he sounds very confused and tired. 

Yes he sounds really wound up - never liked hearing this before. Great Don always!

19 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes he sounds really wound up - never liked hearing this before. Great Don always!

Why was he talking to these idiots in the first place? its not like he was talking to Howard Stern or Opie and Anthony.

Edited by RedDragon86

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

whats the purpose/fun of expose such thing? 

Agree 100% Mr. C.   I haven't watched the video and I don't plan to.  This kind of crap just doesn't belong here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Agree 100% Mr. C.   I haven't watched the video and I don't plan to.  This kind of crap just doesn't belong here.

I couldn't bring myself to listen to it. Watching someone self-destruct is not entertainment. 

• Like 1