Tom Petty dead at 66

Assasinge

Absolute tragedy today:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty-legendary-rocker-is-dead-at-66/

May his soul Rest in Peace, gave us some of the best music I've heard to date...

Edit: As of 6:14 PM EST Tom Petty is still alive, the media was provided false info about him dying. http://www.wlwt.com/article/tom-petty-found-unconscious-rushed-to-hospital/12766862

He is not expected to live throughout the day, however.

Edited by Assasinge

That's sad. I liked his songs from circa the mid-90s. Never really followed him before or after that, but songs like "Learning to Fly" or "Into the Great Wide Open" were really very well made.

• Like 2

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' song "Here Comes My Girl" is used in "Little Miss Dangerous". I'm ashamed to say I didn't remember that and had to look it up.

• Administrators

There's some confusion there, some saying he's dead, other sources saying otherwise. Keep him in your prayers either way.

Probably the worst time for jokes - But if he's unconscious, perhaps he's literally "running down a dream, working on a mystery" in his mind. :p 

• Administrators

Ok, apparently his manager just confirmed he passed away. RIP. :( He was pretty young too, which is sad. 

Stuck on a desert island with only a record player and one album...............................Damn the Torpedos!

He will be missed.