Awesome Don Johnson Interview 1987

MTVcops

I uploaded that to YouTube. Thanks for sharing here MTVcops! :thumbsup: 

Also someone stated in the comments, that Michael Mann was 'sick of pastels,' which he quoted from the book Making of Miami Vice. 

Edited by summer84

vor 2 Stunden schrieb summer84:

that Michael Mann was 'sick of pastels,' which he quoted from the book Making of Miami Vice. 

fair enough; nothing wrong with trying to stay contemporary. And fashion trends change every other year anyway. But what they then got wrong with season four was that they thought simply bringing back (some of) the pastels would make everything alright again.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

I'm surprised, if he actually said that. It was Michael Mann's idea to add the pastels and strictly leave out certain colors such as red, brown and orange. And because it was a part of the shows signature. Although have to mention, that "Cool Runnin" almost had an "orange color theme" going on there, not to mention Gina's red T'shirt, that she wore in "One Eyed Jack."

Apparently, as I recall they had some success at the beginning of S4 with announcing a wedding for Crockett. I guess people were just more drawn to something else at the time, (such as soap operas) regarding the low ratings.

In my opinion the show had too many changes after the first two seasons, losing direction after the third season and ultimately it's identity... Which I also discussed in the comments about. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 10/4/2017 at 4:07 AM, MTVcops said:

Pity he didn't make a bit of time for his fans in between his parties where he was  hiring 25 prostitutes (sorry, "models" ) from agencies for him and his friends to enjoy......