12 inch Crockett & Tubbs Figures

Party_car1

So , I'm such a Vice Head , I bought the Crockett and Tubbs toys from Mecca Toy manufacturers but was never satisfied with the overall look . This past year I found a sculptor and had them sculpt more lifelike heads . I then spent about 3 months trying to find the right body builds , clothes , shoes and weapons , right down to Sonny's spider rig shoulder holster ( not pictured ) and Ricco's hip holster . All total , I think I spent 100 dollars on each . Next is a 1/6 scale Daytona Spyder these 2 can actually sit in .

20171011_203738.jpg

20171011_203831.jpg

• Like 10

Superb figures!! :thumbsup: But I probably couldn’t afford them. ;)

Also the original figures were by Mezco...not Mecca. But that’s just an FYI....love your figures!! :clap:

Edited by ViceFanMan

It took me a long time to put them together . The sculpts were a favor , the paint was 50 bucks for the two heads . Clothing , shoes and weapons were surprisingly cheap but took months to find . The bodies were around 30 bucks each and were also hard to find due to the popularity of those specific bodies . Very durable . A little expensive but since I built them little by little , I didn't have to pay for them all at once . Took several months to complete .

• Like 2

Mezco . Thanks for the correction . I bought those in every clothing color scheme they had available . Still like them because they're kind of weird looking but they looked more like cartoon characters to me . Still got em too .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

It took me a long time to put them together . The sculpts were a favor , the paint was 50 bucks for the two heads . Clothing , shoes and weapons were surprisingly cheap but took months to find . The bodies were around 30 bucks each and were also hard to find due to the popularity of those specific bodies . Very durable . A little expensive but since I built them little by little , I didn't have to pay for them all at once . Took several months to complete .

2 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

Mezco . Thanks for the correction . I bought those in every clothing color scheme they had available . Still like them because they're kind of weird looking but they looked more like cartoon characters to me . Still got em too .

The clothes, faces, everything is amazing...superb job! I wish I had your knowledge and ability! :thumbsup:

I too have several of the 2006 Mezco figures...I think they only made 2 Crockett suits, while I believe Tubbs had 3. I have the traditional white suit Crockett & light blue suit Tubbs...as well as the teal suit Crockett & black suit Tubbs.

Wish your figures were manufactured and for sale! :dance2:

• Like 1

I believe you are correct in those configurations . All I did with the 12 inch ones is hire a sculptor and a painter . Other than researching how to build them and the dilligence of finding the accessories , I can't take a lot of credit for them .

• Administrators

These look pretty good. Much better than the Mecca junk. No idea what they were thinking. 

Nice work, pal! 

Thank you . It was a labor of love . I am still trying to figure out cool poses for them . The bodies are fully articulated so they can do just about anything . I find myself watching episodes to find poses that will look good .

• Like 1

Trying to talk my sculptor into doing Castillo . So far , he won't budge . He probably knows after that , I'll be asking him to do Switek , Zito , Gina & Trudy . I paid him well for these 2 so I'm not sure what his hesitancy is ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IA-SteveB said:

Those are great.  The heads are wonderfully sculpted.  If he can sculpt a Gina, I'm in.  :)

I was a huge fan of the show Alias and he did a really nice Jennifer Garner sculpt for me . I don't believe there's anyone he can't do .

On 10/13/2017 at 3:27 AM, James said:

These look pretty good. Much better than the Mecca junk. No idea what they were thinking. 

Nice work, pal! 

Mezco, not Mecca...but yeah, their action figures were not the most accurate. In my opinion the  colors/suits, and weapons/accessories were pretty cool...it was the faces of Crockett and Tubbs that left a little to be desired. It was like...what??  ?(  Neither one looked much like the characters. But, maybe Mezco legally couldn't make the faces just like Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas, without their permission and of course paying them for the use of the likenesses of their faces? Perhaps they had to alter the faces somewhat on purpose for manufacturing for profit? Just a thought. :baby:

18 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Mezco, not Mecca...but yeah, their action figures were not the most accurate. In my opinion the  colors/suits, and weapons/accessories were pretty cool...it was the faces of Crockett and Tubbs that left a little to be desired. It was like...what??  ?(  Neither one looked much like the characters. But, maybe Mezco legally couldn't make the faces just like Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas, without their permission and of course paying them for the use of the likenesses of their faces? Perhaps they had to alter the faces somewhat on purpose for manufacturing for profit? Just a thought. :baby:

You never know what goes on with these toy manufacturers and likenesses of celebrities and such . When I first saw them I thought they were accurate but as time went on , I realized I just wasn't a fan of the way they look . So I had my own made .

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 5:46 PM, Party_car1 said:

I was a huge fan of the show Alias and he did a really nice Jennifer Garner sculpt for me . I don't believe there's anyone he can't do .

I'd like to see that one.  She is also a beautiful lady.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:36 AM, IA-SteveB said:

I'd like to see that one.  She is also a beautiful lady.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:18 PM, ViceFanMan said:

You never know what goes on with these toy manufacturers and likenesses of celebrities and such . When I first saw them I thought they were accurate but as time went on , I realized I just wasn't a fan of the way they look . So I had my own made .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

Yours look superb! :thumbsup: I just wish a more accurate set could be made for manufacturing. :done:

On 13/10/2017 at 12:32 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Superb figures!! :thumbsup: But I probably couldn’t afford them. ;)

Also the original figures were by Mezco...not Mecca. But that’s just an FYI....love your figures!! :clap:

I agree ViceFanMan they are great !:hippie:

• Like 1

On 22/10/2017 at 5:33 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Yours look superb! :thumbsup: I just wish a more accurate set could be made for manufacturing. :done:

Hopefully they will be soon !:hippie:

• 2 weeks later...

These were some of the early stages of my Crockett & Tubbs figures as they evolved . I put photos of the actors themselves for comparison . I'll post better images of the completed ones to show more detail and different clothing .

170622_123807_COLLAGE-1.jpg

170622_123214_COLLAGE-1.jpg

170622_123350_COLLAGE-1.jpg

• Like 3

He does have a knack for creating accurate likenesses . He didn't charge much and is now selling them , or was , through a website / forum called 1/6 Warriors .

For those interested in this ever evolving project , I just picked up new shoes for Sonny . Some may notice he is currently wearing a more traditional " loafer " that seemed to be part of his wardrobe from time to time in season 2 . When I started building these , I had envisioned the espadrille style since those were the most prevalent during year 2 which is what his head sculpt is based on . I found a pair of that style in black so I will have to do some paint work on them . In the photo you can see " stitching " around the top and sides of the shoe so I will have to do some light sanding to smooth out the shoe before applying paint . Should take a couple of days to get that done but once complete , should yield a fairly accurate replica of Sonny's footwear .

il_fullxfull.1067897334_2jzr.jpg

• Like 1