Party_car1

12 inch Crockett & Tubbs Figures

Recommended Posts

Party_car1

So , I'm such a Vice Head , I bought the Crockett and Tubbs toys from Mecca Toy manufacturers but was never satisfied with the overall look . This past year I found a sculptor and had them sculpt more lifelike heads . I then spent about 3 months trying to find the right body builds , clothes , shoes and weapons , right down to Sonny's spider rig shoulder holster ( not pictured ) and Ricco's hip holster . All total , I think I spent 100 dollars on each . Next is a 1/6 scale Daytona Spyder these 2 can actually sit in .

20171011_203738.jpg

20171011_203831.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scot from S.C.

I like them! I would definitely buy these two if they were offered. Please share your other project with us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
damrod

Yours look great.   I have the Mecca ones too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan

Superb figures!! :thumbsup: But I probably couldn’t afford them. ;)

Also the original figures were by Mezco...not Mecca. But that’s just an FYI....love your figures!! :clap:

Edited by ViceFanMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1

It took me a long time to put them together . The sculpts were a favor , the paint was 50 bucks for the two heads . Clothing , shoes and weapons were surprisingly cheap but took months to find . The bodies were around 30 bucks each and were also hard to find due to the popularity of those specific bodies . Very durable . A little expensive but since I built them little by little , I didn't have to pay for them all at once . Took several months to complete .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1

Mezco . Thanks for the correction . I bought those in every clothing color scheme they had available . Still like them because they're kind of weird looking but they looked more like cartoon characters to me . Still got em too .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
4 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

It took me a long time to put them together . The sculpts were a favor , the paint was 50 bucks for the two heads . Clothing , shoes and weapons were surprisingly cheap but took months to find . The bodies were around 30 bucks each and were also hard to find due to the popularity of those specific bodies . Very durable . A little expensive but since I built them little by little , I didn't have to pay for them all at once . Took several months to complete .

 

2 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

Mezco . Thanks for the correction . I bought those in every clothing color scheme they had available . Still like them because they're kind of weird looking but they looked more like cartoon characters to me . Still got em too .

The clothes, faces, everything is amazing...superb job! I wish I had your knowledge and ability! :thumbsup:

I too have several of the 2006 Mezco figures...I think they only made 2 Crockett suits, while I believe Tubbs had 3. I have the traditional white suit Crockett & light blue suit Tubbs...as well as the teal suit Crockett & black suit Tubbs.

Wish your figures were manufactured and for sale! :dance2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1

I believe you are correct in those configurations . All I did with the 12 inch ones is hire a sculptor and a painter . Other than researching how to build them and the dilligence of finding the accessories , I can't take a lot of credit for them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James

These look pretty good. Much better than the Mecca junk. No idea what they were thinking. 

Nice work, pal! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1

Thank you . It was a labor of love . I am still trying to figure out cool poses for them . The bodies are fully articulated so they can do just about anything . I find myself watching episodes to find poses that will look good .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IA-SteveB

Those are great.  The heads are wonderfully sculpted.  If he can sculpt a Gina, I'm in.  :)

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1

Trying to talk my sculptor into doing Castillo . So far , he won't budge . He probably knows after that , I'll be asking him to do Switek , Zito , Gina & Trudy . I paid him well for these 2 so I'm not sure what his hesitancy is ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1
1 hour ago, IA-SteveB said:

Those are great.  The heads are wonderfully sculpted.  If he can sculpt a Gina, I'm in.  :)

I was a huge fan of the show Alias and he did a really nice Jennifer Garner sculpt for me . I don't believe there's anyone he can't do .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
On 10/13/2017 at 3:27 AM, James said:

These look pretty good. Much better than the Mecca junk. No idea what they were thinking. 

Nice work, pal! 

Mezco, not Mecca...but yeah, their action figures were not the most accurate. In my opinion the  colors/suits, and weapons/accessories were pretty cool...it was the faces of Crockett and Tubbs that left a little to be desired. It was like...what??  ?(  Neither one looked much like the characters. But, maybe Mezco legally couldn't make the faces just like Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas, without their permission and of course paying them for the use of the likenesses of their faces? Perhaps they had to alter the faces somewhat on purpose for manufacturing for profit? Just a thought. :baby:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1
18 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Mezco, not Mecca...but yeah, their action figures were not the most accurate. In my opinion the  colors/suits, and weapons/accessories were pretty cool...it was the faces of Crockett and Tubbs that left a little to be desired. It was like...what??  ?(  Neither one looked much like the characters. But, maybe Mezco legally couldn't make the faces just like Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas, without their permission and of course paying them for the use of the likenesses of their faces? Perhaps they had to alter the faces somewhat on purpose for manufacturing for profit? Just a thought. :baby:

You never know what goes on with these toy manufacturers and likenesses of celebrities and such . When I first saw them I thought they were accurate but as time went on , I realized I just wasn't a fan of the way they look . So I had my own made .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IA-SteveB
On 10/13/2017 at 5:46 PM, Party_car1 said:

I was a huge fan of the show Alias and he did a really nice Jennifer Garner sculpt for me . I don't believe there's anyone he can't do .

I'd like to see that one.  She is also a beautiful lady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Party_car1
On 10/18/2017 at 6:36 AM, IA-SteveB said:

I'd like to see that one.  She is also a beautiful lady.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:18 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Mezco, not Mecca...but yeah, their action figures were not the most accurate. In my opinion the  colors/suits, and weapons/accessories were pretty cool...it was the faces of Crockett and Tubbs that left a little to be desired. It was like...what??  ?(  Neither one looked much like the characters. But, maybe Mezco legally couldn't make the faces just like Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas, without their permission and of course paying them for the use of the likenesses of their faces? Perhaps they had to alter the faces somewhat on purpose for manufacturing for profit? Just a thought. :baby:

You never know what goes on with these toy manufacturers and likenesses of celebrities and such . When I first saw them I thought they were accurate but as time went on , I realized I just wasn't a fan of the way they look . So I had my own made .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
2 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

You never know what goes on with these toy manufacturers and likenesses of celebrities and such . When I first saw them I thought they were accurate but as time went on , I realized I just wasn't a fan of the way they look . So I had my own made .

Yours look superb! :thumbsup: I just wish a more accurate set could be made for manufacturing. :done:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
On 13/10/2017 at 12:32 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Superb figures!! :thumbsup: But I probably couldn’t afford them. ;)

Also the original figures were by Mezco...not Mecca. But that’s just an FYI....love your figures!! :clap:

I agree ViceFanMan they are great !:hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now