Moccasin or Espadrilles?

Jonas ''John'' Crockett

Hello everyone! I'm a new user and fan of MV, i have doubts about Crockett's shoes. I want to start adopting the vice style, but I do not know which of the shoes is used with the white Blazer (see the image below). Is a Moccasin or Espadrilles? I'll be grateful for the answer, and I hope you can share it soon to my future fashion collections among other things.

59d3331e2635adcd9653ac0692c76471.jpg

d91cc38234a77b43331bd9bec4ffd7ab.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I believe the correct name for Crockett's shoe style is "Plimsoll". Search for "slip on plimsoll shoes" and you'll see a lot in the style.  Espadrilles is a correct term also I think. 

I'm pretty sure Moccasins are proper woolly slippers...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, James said:

I believe the correct name for Crockett's shoe style is "Plimsoll". Search for "slip on plimsoll shoes" and you'll see a lot in the style. 

Thank you, James! I will try to see "Plimsoll" on google and be lucky to find some copy here in Brazil. Anything, I will try as an alternative Espadrilles approaching Crockett's shoes. Very grateful for your attention, my friend! 

8 minutes ago, Jonas ''John'' Crockett said:

Thank you, James! I will try to see "Plimsoll" on google and be lucky to find some copy here in Brazil. Anything, I will try as an alternative Espadrilles approaching Crockett's shoes. Very grateful for your attention, my friend! 

Just wanted to welcome you to the Vice family Jonas "John" Crockett.  We are a happy group here.  I hope you enjoy what you read here. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, James said:

I believe the correct name for Crockett's shoe style is "Plimsoll". Search for "slip on plimsoll shoes" and you'll see a lot in the style.  Espadrilles is a correct term also I think. 

I'm pretty sure Moccasins are proper woolly slippers...

Thank you James!!  I immediately looked for Plimsoll shoes and found them at a reasonable price.  My favorite 15 year old white moccasins finally had to be given a proper burial and will be ordering new shoes.  You made my day. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Just wanted to welcome you to the Vice family Jonas "John" Crockett.  We are a happy group here.  I hope you enjoy what you read here. 

Thank you for your reception. I'm already loving this great forum and feeling at home, It's good to know that there are still other MV fans.I hope you find a Plimsoll shoes to replace your favorite moccasins! 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Thank you James!!  I immediately looked for Plimsoll shoes and found them at a reasonable price.  My favorite 15 year old white moccasins finally had to be given a proper burial and will be ordering new shoes.  You made my day. 

No worries. I didn't know what they were called either until one night I was on an internet shopping website looking for shoes and clicked on every category. One of the categories they had was "plimsoll", went into it and seen a whole page of Crockett shoes. :) 

The thing with Espadrilles is that they look very thin at the bottom, like they don't really have a sole. Slip on Plimsoll's do have a sole which would make them more comfortable to wear. 

These Lacoste slip-on's I have for example, I think are Plimsoll's not Espadrilles.

20161103_174301.JPG

jd_059629_a?qlt=80

Well, in fact, Don Johnson used both types of shoes during the series. As I remember he used Espadrilles during the first two seasons and then (during the 3rd Season) he switched to black Moccasins and also white colored ones. 

And, if you are interested about the type of shoes he used during the last seasons (mainly 4 and 5) you can check these pictures: 

Seems that in those seasons he wore normal sandy colored shoes without laces, that could be because of the hot weather (maybe that's the same reason as why he never wore belts, unlike Tubbs).

158538761.jpg

158538766.jpg

140620926.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for help, now I know what the priority items will be to buy. In a few months I will buy the white suit set and the shoes, and I will share the result! 

• Like 1