MV stars in other movies...

Boca Raton

Recently I saw DJ in : Dead Bang, The Hot Spot, & Tin Cup (all were really good, nothing amazing but entertaining)

PMT in: Stigma & Coonskin - both great!

anything EJO is in is great too.

Are there any other DJ/PMT movies I should check out?

Oh yeah "Dead Bang" worst title ever?!

Outside movie theater, March 1989: "Hey Dave wanna see Dead Bang?"

"Dead-Bang?"

"Yeah the new Don Johnson movie Dead Bang"

"No"

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Guilty as Sin was really great as he played a homicidal maniac .

Ok I'll grab that- I was curious about that flick too.

Saw "Harley Davidson & MB Man" & PMT's final film - 2004 (long time ago!) "Fate"- not bad just ok

Edited by Boca Raton

7 hours ago, Boca Raton said:

Recently I saw DJ in : Dead Bang, The Hot Spot, & Tin Cup (all were really good, nothing amazing but entertaining)

PMT in: Stigma & Coonskin - both great!

anything EJO is in is great too.

Are there any other DJ/PMT movies I should check out?

EJO is good in “Talent for the Game”, if you like sports movies. Also stars Lorraine Bracco :fireworks:

If you want to see a youthful Don in a movie that was filmed ten years prior to "Vice", check out "A Boy And His Dog". 

It's a  B-movie about a drifter (Don) in a post-apocalyptic world whose only true friend is his telepathic talking dog.

As far as Don's movies go, it's alright. I wasn't blown away by it, but it was enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

If you want to see a youthful Don in a movie that was filmed ten years prior to "Vice", check out "A Boy And His Dog". 

It's a  B-movie about a drifter (Don) in a post-apocalyptic world whose only true friend is his telepathic talking dog.

As far as Don's movies go, it's alright. I wasn't blown away by it, but it was enjoyable.

I keep hearing two different opinions about "A Boy and His Dog" :

1. It's Amazing

2. It's Terrible

• Haha 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Boca Raton:

I keep hearing two different opinions about "A Boy and His Dog" :

1. It's Amazing

2. It's Terrible

Well you can certainly see where Don got his practice yelling at animals long before he had to share a sailboat with an alligator... :):p

The whole movie is online on youtube... maybe those who haven't seen it can watch it and weigh in on it... ;)

It's kind of off-the-wall even for a 1970s B movie... just as a word of warning... :p

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Well you can certainly see where Don got his practice yelling at animals long before he had to share a sailboat with an alligator... :):p

The whole movie is online on youtube... maybe those who haven't seen it can watch it and weigh in on it... ;)

It's kind of off-the-wall even for a 1970s B movie... just as a word of warning... :p

Ok , I just finished AB&HD....WTF?!

i was full-on with it until he went below the surface and nearly had a stroke...it went so far off the rails of ridiculousness that I had to see where it would go.

overall I wasn't bored- it kept my attention!

thanks!

yeah... it veers off into the bizarre at that point... even for a 1970s B movie, like I said...

I liked Jason Robards in it though. He is/was always fun to watch.

What blows your mind is that the film actually won a few awards, according to Wikipedia:

Zitat

The film won the 1976 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation at MidAmeriCon, the 34th World Science Fiction Convention in Kansas City, not far from the real Topeka. Johnson won the Golden Scroll for Best Actor, which was shared with James Caan for his performance in Rollerball. In 2007, it ranked #96 on Rotten Tomatoes "Journey Through Sci-Fi" (100 best-reviewed science fiction films)

The film was not commercially successful at the time of its release. It has, however, developed a cult following over the years and also inspired the video game series Fallout "on many levels, from underground communities of survivors to glowing mutants."

Edited by Daytona74

Just saw PMT in "A Little Piece of Sunshine" (1990) - not bad, plus it has tons of Miami Vice guest stars in it.

I'm enjoying seeing where the two leads of Vice came from & where they went!

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4381.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2017 at 8:08 PM, Boca Raton said:

Just saw PMT in "A Little Piece of Sunshine" (1990) - not bad, plus it has tons of Miami Vice guest stars in it.

I'm enjoying seeing where the two leads of Vice came from & where they went!

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4381.JPG

Never heard of this one - will check it out , thanks 

just saw the following:

DJ in The Harrad Experiment - hippie weirdness at college but cute- can a straight dude in his 30's say that? DJ is seriously a good actor.

PMT in Black Fist - just bad and I love Blaxploitation! PMT play 2 characters (weird) and dies as the 2nd character in a funny way

PMT in Death Drug - bad but in a good enjoyable way - I actually really loved it!

PMT in False Witness - ok TV movie

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

Edited by Boca Raton

On 17/10/2017 at 11:54 PM, Daytona74 said:

I saw this one- and thought it wasn’t too bad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...