MV stars in other movies...

Boca Raton

With PMT being in various movie genres, I wonder if DJ ever played a character in a comedy. Would have liked to see that! But he was funny in "Lombard." Especially remember at the end. "What a guy" and also the line "You'd prefer the YMCA" and some others. :D

Just now, Boca Raton said:

Don Johnson was a cartoon - the ultra bad GI Joe movie from 1986

I had that on VHS as a kid. I was a HUGE G. I. Joe fan/collector, so to have DJ’s voice for Lt. Falcon was pretty awesome for me. I have it on DVD now. I watched it not long ago, and I was immediately 10 years old again, but I still laughed many times throughout at how terrible it was. It’s hard to believe DJ would entertain such an offer at the peak of his career. I know animated films are a relatively easy money maker for celebs. Maybe he thought it would lead to other better calls. Has he ever commented on it in an interview?

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I had that on VHS as a kid. I was a HUGE G. I. Joe fan/collector, so to have DJ’s voice for Lt. Falcon was pretty awesome for me. I have it on DVD now. I watched it not long ago, and I was immediately 10 years old again, but I still laughed many times throughout at how terrible it was. It’s hard to believe DJ would entertain such an offer at the peak of his career. I know animated films are a relatively easy money maker for celebs. Maybe he thought it would lead to other better calls. Has he ever commented on it in an interview?

I’ve never heard him talk about it- I was young but I remember him being in it was a big deal - I loved the figures from that movie!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I've never heard him comment on it but in 1986 his son Jesse was 3-4 years old and maybe Jesse was a G.I. Joe fan.  I did see somewhere that he said he did Moondance Alexander so his young children at the time could see him in something.  So, maybe...

Regardless, that voice part probably didn't take too much time and $ talks.

• Like 1