Visiting Miami in November!!!

chum981

Hello!!!  Some exciting news for me!!!  I’ll be visiting Miami mid-November!!! Finally, after years of waiting!!!

It’s a work trip so I won’t have so much free time, but I will have evenings to explore!  I’ll try to see as much as possible.  Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should plan my evenings to get the most out of the trip?  I do plan to go to Ocean Drive, Bayside Marketplace and Brickell; and also take the metromover to see as much as I can.

• Like 1

Good for you Chum.  Dadrian has some good tips.  The best advice I've heard for someone visiting Miami for the first time with limited time for sightseeing (from airtommy I think) was to look up the locations in your favorite episode(s) on C Glide's website at http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

Visit those locations first.

9 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Good for you Chum.  Dadrian has some good tips.  The best advice I've heard for someone visiting Miami for the first time with limited time for sightseeing (from airtommy I think) was to look up the locations in your favorite episode(s) on C Glide's website at http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

Visit those locations first.

Many, many thanks!!!  This is so helpful!  I'm so grateful for this MV community!!!

39 minutes ago, chum981 said:

Many, many thanks!!!  This is so helpful!  I'm so grateful for this MV community!!!

Sounds great ! Have a great time Chum !:hippie:

• 1 year later...

As I entered Miami Bayside Marketplace for the 1st time, this is the song that was playing!  It was such a surreal moment!  1st time in Miami, going downtown and this is the live music being played!

• Like 4

On 11/12/2018 at 2:04 PM, chum981 said:

As I entered Miami Bayside Marketplace for the 1st time, this is the song that was playing!  It was such a surreal moment!  1st time in Miami, going downtown and this is the live music being played!

Nice video , Thankyou for sharing chum981!:hippie::cheers:

I made this video on Miami River - at night, with ship and boats plus lights on in the background, it reminded me of scenes from MV.  It was very safe, but I kept thinking "something's about to happen, where's Burnett and Cooper!"    

• Like 3

there's a mecanical bridge nearby. definitely the perfect place for me to have a meal, or a drink. condos forbidden there, forever :evil:. these places are Miami soul!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chum981 said:

Yes, Seaspice!  Exactly!

422 NW North River Dr, Miami, FL 33128, USA

How did you like it?  For over a dozen years I've had on my list to eat at Garcia's or one of the other restaurants on that street.  I don't even like seafood very much, I just want to experience that Miami Vice industrial river vibe that you captured on your video.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, airtommy said:

How did you like it?  For over a dozen years I've had on my list to eat at Garcia's or one of the other restaurants on that street.  I don't even like seafood very much, I just want to experience that Miami Vice industrial river vibe that you captured on your video.

It was so serene, I could just stay out there on the deck for a long time just looking at the boats go by.  Outside, it was very quiet and felt far away from the hustle and bustle of Miami.  The food was OK and there was live Latin music and some dancing inside.  One of the waiters accidentally dropped soup on my back!  I was wearing a suit and the soup had gone through my jacket and onto my shirt!  When I went to the gents to clean up, I saw the waiter there and he felt so distraught (poor guy!).  He confessed it was him (I didn't know which waiter had done it up till that point as there were lots of waiters moving around our table quickly), but I told him not to worry about it and I didn't make a big deal of it (no complaints) so he was fine after that.  

One thing I noticed was how friendly people in Miami were and how generally it was a safe place.  I didn't have a bad experience - I did stick to tourist-type places but still it was all good.  I'll try to post some pics up soon from Ocean Drive, Little Havana, Brickell...

• Like 2