MV Ferrari #1 Most Iconic TV Car

CameraDaytona

Check out this YouTube video: 

I was reading my email this morning and had an email from AutoWeek Magazine.  These emails generally include a number of topics from their recent issue.  One of the items that caught my eye was "This General Lee Dodge Charger Stunt Car is secretly a Crown Vic Police Interceptor".   In reading the article, the above YouTube video was included.  Don't let the General Lee stuff confuse you.  If you watch the entire video, the 5 most iconic TV cars are shown and discussed.  And, guess what is number 1 - Yup, the Miami Vice Ferraris.  I have to agree with their choices!!!

MV most iconic car.docx

• Like 3

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

I heard back in the day the when the Dukes were on TV that the Chrysler club sent a petition all around as they were upset that so many chargers were being demolished in the name of entertainment. I signed it as I was a club member back in those days. The petition didn't do any good as they kept smashing them up year after year.

I had a 69 with a green vinyl roof and the big chrome gas cap on the quarter panel. It was a stock 318 but still a cool car when I was a kid. I was still in grade 12 when I last had that. I sold that car and bought a Road Runner. The funny thing about this Roadrunner was that it had a 383 Magnum and a stickshift. It was a THREE speed and a bench seat. It also had an AM-8track (no FM) Strange combination as the car was plain blue with the 383 badge on the fenders and only a small Roadrunner sticker on the rear quarterpanel. It had no wing or anything like that but the bench seat with the stick was so cool! I thought it strange that it was also a three speed and not a four but that 383 has so much torque!!!

Edited by Stinger390X