Miami Vice Soundtrack today in history hits #1

DeepCover333

32 years ago today, on November  2, 1985 "Music from the Television Series Miami Vice" soundtrack album hit the number 1 spot of the Billboard top 200 and held the top album position for a stunning 11 weeks!  Any great memories of this record? I had the cassette back then and wore it out, but obtained the CD and vinyl a few years ago and listening tonight.  

• Like 3

My great memories?  I  had gone on active duty in the Air Force just a few weeks prior.  I was at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas going through management and firearms  training at the security police academy.  I had my cassette tape and played it daily.  My class was only 16 members, including 3 from the US Marines.  I remember fondly going out on weekends to the local nightclubs with the whole group.  Also besides the Miami Vice soundtrack the band Miami Sound Machine had the big hit Conga.  Great times!! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I had the cassette and later on the CD.  I looked forward to this album mostly for the few Jan Hammer cues rather than the regular songs.  The album was cool but I consider Jan's "Escape From Television" the 1st true "Miami Vice" soundtrack album!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

I had the cassette and later on the CD.  I looked forward to this album mostly for the few Jan Hammer cues rather than the regular songs.  The album was cool but I consider Jan's "Escape From Television" the 1st true "Miami Vice" soundtrack album!

I agree! I was beyond thrilled when I found Escape From Television. 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2017 at 12:30 AM, DeepCover333 said:

32 years ago today, on November  2, 1985 "Music from the Television Series Miami Vice" soundtrack album hit the number 1 spot of the Billboard top 200 and held the top album position for a stunning 11 weeks!  Any great memories of this record? I had the cassette back then and wore it out, but obtained the CD and vinyl a few years ago and listening tonight.  

What a great time for Miami Vice and this soundtrack being at number one  !:hippie:

• Like 1