"Leon Mohammad Jefferson

jenny

21 minutes ago, summer84 said:

And a fun fact! Was married to Olivia Brown for a while during the Vice years. Here's a cute pic of them together:

4lynbmY.jpg

wow!  I didn't know they were married!   Interesting!

32 minutes ago, summer84 said:

And a fun fact! Was married to Olivia Brown for a while during the Vice years. Here's a cute pic of them together:

4lynbmY.jpg

Never knew that ! Very interesting - Thankyou :hippie:

59 minutes ago, jenny said:

i'll have to try to find that movie online...thanks!:thumbsup:

I found this interesting article, where he talks about his role in the movie and with pics and a music video from that scene at the bottom of the page. 

http://goldenageofmusicvideo.com/actor-mykelti-williamson-talks-about-being-one-of-the-sorels-the-guys-who-didnt-sing-dan-hartmans-i-can-dream-about-you/

Quote from the article:

"So you were in a group that didn’t sing the song in a movie nobody saw, but then you were famous for appearing in a hit video and all the group members went on to success in film but not music. It’s one of the strangest phenomena to ever occur in pop music."

Mykelti Williamson in the middle.  :) Originally a song written and sung by Dan Hartman. The story about it is a bit confusing. :)

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yeah, but it was a short marriage. According to the info on IMDb only two years. They were both in the movie Streets of Fire from 1984.  

I saw Olivia Brown during here very brief appearance as the waitress, but were was Mykelti Williamson( Leon)?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jenny said:

oh!  Never mind!  I saw him!  He was in that singing group on the bus. 

Yes and close to the end on stage performing. Did you see the music video for the movie, I posted above? 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, summer84 said:

4lynbmY.jpg

Wow, I didn't know this. What a lucky man. 

4 hours ago, summer84 said:

I found this interesting article, where he talks about his role in the movie and with pics and a music video from that scene at the bottom of the page. 

http://goldenageofmusicvideo.com/actor-mykelti-williamson-talks-about-being-one-of-the-sorels-the-guys-who-didnt-sing-dan-hartmans-i-can-dream-about-you/

Quote from the article:

"So you were in a group that didn’t sing the song in a movie nobody saw, but then you were famous for appearing in a hit video and all the group members went on to success in film but not music. It’s one of the strangest phenomena to ever occur in pop music."

Mykelti Williamson in the middle.  :) Originally a song written and sung by Dan Hartman. The story about it is a bit confusing. :)

I love Streets of Fire. Such a great movie. And this song. =) Didn't know he was in the movie/clip.

Thanks summer84. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, James said:

Wow, I didn't know this. What a lucky man. 

I love Streets of Fire. Such a great movie. And this song. =) Didn't know he was in the movie/clip.

Thanks summer84. :thumbsup:

Didn't know, that he was in the´music video either, until I found that article yesterday. It's really a great song. And some cool moves they did in the choreography.  :thumbsup:

I haven't seen the full movie, only parts of it, mostly from the video "Tonight is what it means to be young" with Diane Lane. Which is a wonderful song also. I believe there were supposed to be a sequel to the movie, which never came to be. 

Edited by summer84

12 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yes and close to the end on stage performing. Did you see the music video for the movie, I posted above? 

No!  I will check it out though!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jenny said:

I saw Olivia Brown during here very brief appearance as the waitress, but were was Mykelti Williamson( Leon)?

I wonder ?! Ha ha :hippie:

• Like 1