REMEBRANCE DAY 2017

Chloe

Very nice Chloe.  When in GB's Remembrance Day?  The US Vet's day on 11 Nov marks the end of WWI - according to tradition the 11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.  It was first called Decoration Day.

• Administrators

Remembrance Day is on the 11th, we have the same day here in Australia. It marks the day and hour that WWI ended, I believe. The 11th hour of the 11th day. It's usually a moment of silence to remember. "Least we forget".

I guess American's just call it Veterans Day to be different, it's really the same thing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Very nice Chloe.  When in GB's Remembrance Day?  The US Vet's day on 11 Nov marks the end of WWI - according to tradition the 11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.  It was first called Decoration Day.

Great information Thankyou Jim.

We remember them all.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, miamijimf said:

Actually Jim, it was called Armistice Day in the US until after the Korean War.  I just taught it in my US History classes on Friday.  We were finishing up the US role in WWI.  I think Decoration Day was what we called Memorial Day before, but I'm not certain on that one.  I guess I should look it up.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1