Crockett's blazers

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Many posts have been made about the clothes Crockett wore. Sorry if this is a re-opening of a tired topic but I'm trying assemble a small Crockett-inspired wardrobe and I need the experts' help. Were Crockett's blazers completely unlined or were there small amounts of lining around the shoulders and through the sleeves? I ask because I found a white linen unlined (if you consider the above description unlined) blazer made by Cubavera that might be my first hit. I'd prefer for there to be no lining whatsoever but maybe this is the only way they come. Does somebody know more about these jackets? Where are the best places online to locate these blazers in all the appropriate Vice colors? I'm also trying to locate the henleys in the appropriate colors but these are hard to come by. Any idea where I could find these online as well? Same question applies to his shoes and pants. I'm threadbare, guys! Help!!

• Administrators

Hey buddy!Cooper&Burnett is THE MAN to ask for this. He has a boat load of the original jackets/blazers worn by Don in the series.If you haven't done so yet, check out his scrapbook section, Click ---> here.Also, here is another great link to get you started. Click ---> hereAnd don't forget to check out this killer thread! Click ---> MIAMI VICE CROCKETT BLAZERS AND VICE CLOTHESIt's impressive!

Can't really help you with Jacket collection however I did read in Don autobio that the wardrope dept bought plain t shirts and dyed them pastel colors. As of 2009 80's fashions are coming back. High Street stores are full of 80's style clothes and this is the best time to get that Vice wardrope now.

THE MAN to ask for this. He has a boat load of the original jackets/blazers worn by Don in the series.If you haven't done so yet" data-date=" check out his scrapbook section, Click ---> [url=http://www.miami-vice.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=10">

here.Also, here is another great link to get you started. Click ---> hereIt's impressive!

Thanks for the plug buddy. And yes. I AM "THE MAN". :thumbsup:

Many posts have been made about the clothes Crockett wore. Sorry if this is a re-opening of a tired topic but I'm trying assemble a small Crockett-inspired wardrobe and I need the experts' help. Were Crockett's blazers completely unlined or were there small amounts of lining around the shoulders and through the sleeves? I ask because I found a white linen unlined (if you consider the above description unlined) blazer made by Cubavera that might be my first hit. I'd prefer for there to be no lining whatsoever but maybe this is the only way they come. Does somebody know more about these jackets? Where are the best places online to locate these blazers in all the appropriate Vice colors? I'm also trying to locate the henleys in the appropriate colors but these are hard to come by. Any idea where I could find these online as well? Same question applies to his shoes and pants. I'm threadbare' date=' guys! Help!![/quote']Thanks for the question, and I hope you clicked onto the links provided by timm525.Crockett wore blazers from all designers and countries of origin (Italy, France, Japan). He wore blazers that were without any lining, no lining but with pads in the shoulders, (rarely, but he did wear some that were fully lined) and half lined with rayon around the shoulders and arms. He even wore collarless shirts as blazers, ans a couple times shirts WITH collars as blazers.His blazers had to be either silk, cotton, linen, or a mixture of those fabrics.The blazer your looking at fits with what Crockett would wear in terms of styling.I know of no place other than walmart that had henleys (they may be gone by now, but it doesn't hurt to check), J.C. PENNYS, and K MART sometimes carries henleys. The GAP stores have pastel t-shirts, and you can even order them online. Those shirts are my FAVORITE!!!Shoes, I'd try walmart ($10) or Payless shoe source. By the way, I don't believe the statement that his shirts were dyed pastel colors. Makers at that time were bringing out pastel colors, and he wore those designer labels.The original 3 button henleys were made in China of a very lightweight cotton. The label on the henleys were "DOUBLE SWAN". They came in pastel colors, and were not dyed.

• Administrators
...I know of no place other than walmart that had henleys (they may be gone by now' date=' but it doesn't hurt to check), J.C. PENNYS, and K MART sometimes carries henleys...[/quote']Try ---> here

timm25, good thing you posted that. I did see that site, but just forgot. :oI guess being I have so many already, it's not a high priority for me to look for them at the moment.Hey, could you put up a link to my VINTAGE blazers in the scrapbook section entitled, MIAMI VICE CROCKETT BLAZERS AND VICE CLOTHES for myonlyvice to see? I bet he'd LOVE to see those!

The original 3 button henleys were made in China of a very lightweight cotton. The label on the henleys were "DOUBLE SWAN". They came in pastel colors' date=' and were not dyed.[/quote']I often wonder how they got such pale pastel colors on those shirts. It's probably either my crappy TV, or they washed the shirts with a little bleach to intentionally fade the colors to a "washed-out pale pastel". What do you think, Coop? I guess my henleys will eventually get that way, after enough washings.

I often wonder how they got such pale pastel colors on those shirts. It's probably either my crappy TV' date=' or they washed the shirts with a little bleach to intentionally fade the colors to a "washed-out pale pastel". What do you think, Coop? I guess my henleys will eventually get that way, after enough washings.[/quote']No.The henleys they got from China that were used for the show came with those very light pastel colors.They just don't make them like that anymore. Everything has to be bright, solid colors for todays market.I don't think washing it will fade it too much. Most likely, the shirt would be destroyed by too many washings before any color would fade.

• Administrators

Yea, didn't you all see the Tide with Color Guard commercials with the guy and his black sweatshirt his girlfriend gave him that he said he always wore and never did. He kept washing it over and over to get it to fade before she came to visit him. But the color never faded. :)Moral of the story, don't use Tide with color guard to try and fade your shirts/clothes. :D(NO, I am not a paid spokes person from Tide :p)

Guest myonlyvice

Thanks for the attention guys! Sorry I took so long to thank y'all. I was just in Walmart and found no henleys at all. I've looked all over my town (Tuscaloosa, Alabama) and have found henleys in other stores but very few, if any, are in the APPROPRIATE colors. I semi-enthusiastically bought one that is a medium shade of blue from a chain department store called "Belk". Some of you from my part of the country may be familiar with Belk. Anyway I also bought a nice pair of 100% linen white pants from there. I was very pleased with that. I'm still unsure where to find PINK men's henleys as well as true pastel shades of blue and green. Any suggestions? The white unlined linen blazer is proving more difficult than I originally thought since the one I had my eye on turned out to be OFF-WHITE, which is not like Crockett's. If anybody knows where I could find a pure white , unlined, 100% linen blazer I would really appreciate it. Really I'm looking for any 100% linen, unlined blazer as long as it's a color that Crockett actually wore. I just figured that white would be the easiest to find. Can somebody guide me further?