Sign in to follow this  
miamijimf

Monstrosity

Tommy Vercetti

It looks like it's from Dubai. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

James

Oh my God, no! It's hideous. What is that thing? 

Tony D.

I'd like to see Crockett & Tubbs chasing some bad guys up there! :p

Mark Zubenko

I warned everyone about it a year ago, these guys need to be stopped! :D

• Like 1

miamijimf
2 hours ago, Mark Zubenko said:

I warned everyone about it a year ago, these guys need to be stopped! :D

Ya but how?  Money talks especially in Miami.  We could protest at the marina but that didn't stop the destruction of the Little Prince house on Star Island.

Edited by miamijimf

jpm1

when i discovered Miami one of the first things that made me fall in love with that city, it was that it was a big city that didn't look to a big city. i think this is the only one reason why i'm in love with that town. concerning that thing above. i really don't know. i think only residents can appreciate if good or not. as a non resident myself i think it could be cool. i mean it could be fun to have a fantastic panorama of the area. but again only the area residents can tell. if they put telescopes on top it could be a fantastic touristic spot for MV fans, but in the same time something pretty nasty in term on private life protection

Matt5
1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

when i discovered Miami one of the first things that made me fall in love with that city, it was that it was a big city that didn't look to a big city. i think this is the only one reason why i'm in love with that town. concerning that thing above. i really don't know. i think only residents can appreciate if good or not. as a non resident myself i think it could be cool. i mean it could be fun to have a fantastic panorama of the area. but again only the area residents can tell. if they put telescopes on top it could be a fantastic touristic spot for MV fans, but in the same time something pretty nasty in term on private life protection

Well said - some good points jpm1 :hippie:

Dadrian

Isn’t that Crockett’s marina? Hard Rock Cafe? Biscayne Shops? :wuerg:

miamijimf
2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Isn’t that Crockett’s marina? Hard Rock Cafe? Biscayne Shops? :wuerg:

Unfortunately yes.  This monstrosity belongs in Orlando with Disney World, Universal Orlando, Epcot, Seaworld etc etc.  Miami is not a damn theme park.  If you throw enough money around the local commissioners etc will roll over for anything.

James

Why not just put one of those giant Ferris Wheels a lot of cities have nowadays.

This "Skyrise" is supposed to be a viewing platform thing, right? Pretty much like the Eiffel Tower? It doesn't belong in Miami. It just looks out of place. Not a fan of the futuristic design at all. 

I wish I could stop them, but I'm about 10,000 miles away.

• Like 1