Miami Shakedown Recruitment Thread

Mark Zubenko

1387426601_1-Title-MiamiShakedown.thumb.jpg.e50b027ced5449f96b6e24bea384e67a.jpg

Project Title:

Miami Shakedown

Description:

In short, it's Miami Vice meets Scarface, in a third person team-based online multiplayer.

It's time to return to the great Miami of the 1980’s.

This project is currently in pre-production and therefore is not funded.

All work done will be put towards creating a demo version and promo material.

If it proves to be successful by raising funds, your time and effort will be compensated.

Demo Goals:

• A level that replicates real Miami area, spanning from South Beach to Star Island.
  • Teamplay engaging scenario with progressive objectives that can be completed and failed in multiple ways.
  • A small number of drivable vehicles, including a helicopter and a speedboat.
  • Quality assets that meet or exceed high standards of the industry and audience expectations.

Long-Term Goals:

• Most iconic Miami locations present in playable levels.
  • Character creation system.
  • An extensive amount of collectible items to customize character's wardrobe, armory, and garage.
  • Integration with Steam Community Market.
  • A soundtrack that is packed full of 80’s hits and an original score as well.

Team Structure:

Mark Zubenko

Art Director, Concept Artist , Game Designer, Graphic Designer, Level Designer

Current Openings:

3D Art:

• Character Artist
  • Environment Artist
  • VFX Artist

Animation:

• Character Animator

Programming:

• Game Programmer
  • Network Programmer

Audio:

• Sound Designer

Web:

• Web Developer

If no desirable position is currently open for your skill set, you’re welcome to suggest your candidature for future opportunities.

Please specify areas in which you have the most expertise and showcase some of your work.

E-mail: miamishakedown@gmail.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/markzubenko1991

Thank you for your interest!

Edited by Mark Zubenko
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

What about the music?

Hi Dadrian!

It's definitely on the map, but I'm afraid it's too early for soundtrack until the gameplay is fully fleshed out.

I'll keep in mind that you're interested in taking a position of Composer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm disappointed that I did not see this thread until now. It's a nice project you have here, wish I could help but I'm a total noob.

If you need a website, I might be able to do some web design, but I have to check my schedule. I have a bad habit of taking on too many projects at a time. Let me know. That's basically all I'm skilled for. :p 

Please keep us (or me) updated, as I am really interested in this sort of thing. 

At the moment me and some friends are working on bringing back an old multiplayer flash game, basically recoding the server part of it which is mostly PHP/MySQL. Far from professionals but we seem to be getting by and learning as we go along. I could share this thread on the group chat and see if any of them are interested?

On 12/2/2017 at 10:50 PM, Mark Zubenko said:

5a23163cf36ac_1Logo2.thumb.jpg.6da302d19a88c067b1ee8988b58d29fc.jpg

Project Title:

Miami Shakedown

Description:

In short, it's Miami Vice meets Scarface, in a third person team-based online multiplayer.

It's time to return to the great Miami of the 1980’s.

This project is currently in pre-production and therefore is not funded.

All work done will be put towards creating a demo version and promo material.

If it proves to be successful by raising funds, your time and effort will be compensated.

Demo Goals:

• A level that replicates real Miami area, spanning from South Beach to Star Island.
  • Teamplay engaging scenario with progressive objectives that can be completed and failed in multiple ways.
  • A small number of drivable vehicles, including a helicopter and a speedboat.
  • Quality assets that meet or exceed high standards of the industry and audience expectations.

Long-Term Goals:

• Most iconic Miami locations present in playable levels.
  • Character creation system.
  • An extensive amount of collectible items to customize character's wardrobe, armory, and garage.
  • Integration with Steam Community Market.
  • A soundtrack that is packed full of 80’s hits and an original score as well.

Team Structure:

Mark Zubenko

Art Director, Concept Artist , Game Designer, Graphic Designer, Level Designer

Current Openings:

3D Art:

• Character Artist
  • Environment Artist
  • VFX Artist

Animation:

• Character Animator

Programming:

• Game Programmer
  • Network Programmer

Audio:

• Sound Designer

Web:

• Web Developer

If no desirable position is currently open for your skill set, you’re welcome to suggest your candidature for future opportunities.

Please specify areas in which you have the most expertise and showcase some of your work.

E-mail: miamishakedown@gmail.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/markzubenko1991

Thank you for your interest!

A great idea thankyou for posting !:hippie:

1 hour ago, James said:

I'm disappointed that I did not see this thread until now. It's a nice project you have here, wish I could help but I'm a total noob.

If you need a website, I might be able to do some web design, but I have to check my schedule. I have a bad habit of taking on too many projects at a time. Let me know. That's basically all I'm skilled for. :p 

Please keep us (or me) updated, as I am really interested in this sort of thing. 

At the moment me and some friends are working on bringing back an old multiplayer flash game, basically recoding the server part of it which is mostly PHP/MySQL. Far from professionals but we seem to be getting by and learning as we go along. I could share this thread on the group chat and see if any of them are interested?

Better late than never, eh? ;)

I have been thinking about the website a lot lately, and I could definitely use some help with it.

Tell me what's your preferred method of communication, I'll be going back to work in a week or so, and we can talk then.

Of course, you can share this thread, thank you!

I'm in most need of 3D artists, who are skilled in modeling realistic objects and characters. Good attention to detail and scale in both form and material is a must.

Programmers, familiar with coding in Unreal Engine, are also welcome.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Mark Zubenko said:

Better late than never, eh? ;)

I have been thinking about the website a lot lately, and I could definitely use some help with it.

Tell me what's your preferred method of communication, I'll be going back to work in a week or so, and we can talk then.

Of course, you can share this thread, thank you!

I'm in most need of 3D artists, who are skilled in modeling realistic objects and characters. Good attention to detail and scale in both form and material is a must.

Programmers, familiar with coding in Unreal Engine, are also welcome.

Facebook is fine, I see you found me after I liked your page lol

Sure, I'll share the thread with people I know with the necessary skill sets.

14 hours ago, James said:

Facebook is fine, I see you found me after I liked your page lol

Sure, I'll share the thread with people I know with the necessary skill sets.

Yup! Sketching out some website ideas) :fireworks:

if you plan an online based game maybe you should think of using Lumberyard instead (my 2c). but i think UE is a better choice than Unity anyways. Good luck

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

if you plan an online based game maybe you should think of using Lumberyard instead (my 2c). but i think UE is a better choice than Unity anyways. Good luck

Anything is better than Unity. Although Unity is easier for newbies, it is also easier to be hacked into and have your assets stolen, etc.

Lumberyard is basically a modified version of CryEngine, probably second best IMO. Ex-Rockstar and GTA guy Leslie Benzies is using it for his new project called "Everywhere". Easy to create maps, you could create the whole city of Miami in it if you wanted to. And is designed for shooters as it was made for Crysis. More for first person shooters but you can make third person games on it also. So Mark theoretically could use it.

But when it comes to graphics/visuals, Unreal Engine is unreal. Nothing can beat it or come close. Pretty much looks like real life. It's probably the most advanced engine on the market. If he knows what he's doing, he should definitely stick with Unreal. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Mark Zubenko said:

Yup! Sketching out some website ideas) :fireworks:

Ah cool, that'll help a lot.

Nothing I dislike more than designing a site for someone and they don't know what they want so then I don't know what to do with it. :) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jpm1 said:

I'm sure Lumberyard has some advantages over Unreal Engine, which is not perfect by any means, it just comes down to a number of reasons why I picked the latter.

The most significant one is that it has the widest user base, I see many talented people who have a lot of experience with it, which means a higher chance of finding partners. 

While Lumberyard, on the other hand, is very much new, and I imagine it wouldn't be an easy switch for most people.

9 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I can go for the graphic designer role...

BTW...."Amen, send money" 

Thanks for the offer! I'm a graphic designer myself, but I might need some help in the future, I'll keep that in mind if you can showcase some of your works, send it to PM or e-mail.