gofundme for Tim Moreira PLEASE READ!!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

I have recently learned that our site owner Tim (Timm525) has been hospitalized with an infection that has gone to his heart. This past Tuesday, doctors installed a pump in his heart to provide the required blood flow that his ailing heart can't.  Hopefully this LVAD pump will take over giving Tim's heart a chance to heal. This is a best case scenario. Tim has also been placed on a heart transplant list in case his heart does not heal.  

I was shocked to hear about this and still can't wrap my head around it all. How does a person go from being perfectly healthy a few months ago to having something like this happen?! Nobody knows how or why but it just shows us how life can change in an instant.

A fund has been set up to help with Tim's medical expenses.  Please donate generously!

https://www.mylvad.com/content/what-lvad-how-does-it-work

https://www.gofundme.com/tim-moreira-medical-fund

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the information, Ferrariman.   Prayers offered for successful treatment and a full recovery for Tim.  I have made a donation.

• Like 1

Awful news.  I can't contribute a lot but Tim, if you are reading this, as I said in my message: I'm not that far away so please let me know if I can do anything for you.  Even minor chores, whatever are OK.

Edited by miamijimf

I feel terrible about your condition Tim & can't believe this happened in October & we didn't even hear about it until now. Well. thanks to Ferrariman, at least we can help now with prayers and donations. :thumbsup:

Tim ......keep focused on all your Miami Vice friends rooting for your full recovery!  We'll be looking forward to talking to you here on line & I can visit you when you return home.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Oh my God, this is terrible! Thanks for the update. I'll check out the gofundme and will be praying for Tim!

I don't have much to give, but I'll see what I can do. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Update:   Tim has been moved out of the Intensive Care Unit and into a regular room. Feeling better but still a long road to recovery. Thank you all for your donations!  Please keep 'em coming, every dollar helps!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Ferrariman featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Administrators

Team, just want to thank everyone for the warm wishes and kind donations. Rest assured I'm gettting a little better each day.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

Tim

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Update:  I'm happy to report that Tim is finally out of the hospital and staying with his brother.  A step in the right direction but still just the first of many steps!  Just remember, without Tim taking over the reigns from Chris there would be no miamiviceonline!  Keep those donations coming along with a few prayers! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Team,

Happy New Years to everyone.  Update on me is I'm still at my brother's house for a few more weeks as I still can't drive yet. Going to Orlando for all day check up appointments.

I feel a little better each day.

Thanks to all for the prayers, wishes and donations.

Tim

• Like 4

Tim..............I'm praying that this New Year will see you back in prefect health. :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony D.

On 16/12/2017 at 4:15 AM, jpm1 said:

Miami citizens, Florida citizens, and MVO forumers, in other terms, world coolest persons need you! come back soon Tim! Good luck

Lovely message jpm1:done:

• Administrators
On January 2, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Cypress Kid said:

Hi Tim, Praying for you. Really appreciate all the work you've done on this site. Glad to hear you are out of the hospital! 

Thanks for the prayers. Just to clarify, the majority of the work was done by the two previous owners and the other admins. I'm just the gate keeper that pays the bills and holds the name. It is the others that deserve all the credit for this site. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Hi Team!

Update on me is I'm finally home as of yesterday full time now. May be going back to work in another 6-8 weeks. We'll see.

Thanks for everyone's continued support and best wishes.

• Like 6

This is great news, Tim. Thanks for the update. Please send me PM if there is anything you specifically need. I have many good resources. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

This is great news, Tim. Thanks for the update. Please send me PM if there is anything you specifically need. I have many good resources. 

Thanks Dadrian, got a resources on the winning lotto numbers? :)

• Haha 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Wonderful news Tim.  Remember to follow all of your Doctor's orders.  

Just remember, they are only licensed to "practice" medicine and they are "practicing" on you!  (Ooooooops....this drug didn't work out so well, let's not use that on the next patient we get...remind me to send some flowers to this guy's funeral and let's hope the family doesn't sue.)  :D

• Haha 1

Wow @timm525  I apparently missed this as I was not checking in for a number of weeks prior.

Hope your recovery is well underway and wishing a very speedy full recovery for you.