gofundme for Tim Moreira PLEASE READ!!

Ferrariman

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Wow @timm525  I apparently missed this as I was not checking in for a number of weeks prior.

Hope your recovery is well underway and wishing a very speedy full recovery for you. 

Sonny, missing this thread is totally acceptable...but not checking in for a number of weeks....that's like so wrong! :)

Thanks for best regards. Much appreciated buddy. 

4 hours ago, timm525 said:

Sonny, missing this thread is totally acceptable...but not checking in for a number of weeks....that's like so wrong! :)

Thanks for best regards. Much appreciated buddy. 

I know....my bad. Just glad you are getting better pal.

Being laid up at home is no fun, as I also do know. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I went to the doctor yesterday and I've been cleared to return to work. I will be going part time for the first two weeks to ease back into it then I will go full time.

During my checkup they did an echocardiogram to see what my heart's ejection fraction (how hard the heart squeezes) is now. Normal healthy hearts are at 60%. My surgeon said at 55% he would remove the pump. Back in October when I first got sick and was tested, I was below 20%. Yesterday my heart was about 45%. So the good news is my heart is healing. Next month he is going to retest again and this time turn the pump off to see what the heart is doing on it's own. For reasons I'm still not clear on, he said the % will actually be higher without the pump? I'm not understanding that but we shall see what happens. It may be higher or it may end up being zero real quick like! :)

Updtes to follow....

Thanks for everyone's support.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Update:

I'm back at the hosptial in Orlando that put this heart pump in. I came in last Friday for final testing this week and surgery is tentatively scheduled for this Friday assuming I pass all the tests and they are happy.

The good news is I've already passed all the tests at the end of March and this is one last final check.

They have turned the pump off and the countdown has started.

I will be here for 7-10 days afer the surgery and then back home for recovery for about six weeks. Plan on returning to work end of July if all goes well.

Thanks for all your support team!

Updates to follow this week....

• Like 3

• Administrators

Great news Tim!  We're all pulling for you!  Keep us posted!

Hang in there Tim.  As I've written before, let me know if I can do anything for you.  I'm just in Bradenton.

• Administrators

Update: Surgery has been postponed for one month for more testing to occur.

Since this is a one shot deal, I'd prefer they get it right the first time. :)

More to follow, stay tuned....

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Update: I'm back in the hosptial as of yesterday. Surgery to remove this pump is scheduled for this Friday morning. Hopefully they can really do it this time.

Thanks gang for all your support!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

My....How time flies.

A year ago today is when I suffered two cardiac arrests in the hosptial I work at. My heart and breathing stopped and my co-workers had to twice resuscitate me with CPR. On the second one, my boss and COO were in my room to check on me from the first one when I coded. They watched the nurses do CPR on me for 6 minutes before I "ROSCed". That was according to my medical records. I had to look that one up, it stands for "Return of Spontanious Circulation", which must be a 500 dollar way of saying your heart started back up. 

I must admit even after almost 27 years of working in a hosptial I'm still not hip to all the medical acronyms. My medical records just from Tampa were over 5000 pages. I havn't bothered to get the ones from Orlando yet. It took me till about page 300 to figure out why they kept referring to the patient (me) as a "SOB". I was like damn, these people are a little harsh...they really know how to take care of one of their own! Then it finally hit me, "SOB" meant "Short of Breath" :) 

Looking back now it was a fast year but it sure wasn't fast living through it. One huge roller coaster ride.  One I don't want to live through again to be sure.

I went to Orlando a few weeks ago for my monthly check up. My heart is completely healed now and I'm back to normal like it never happened with the exception of a few heart meds and some scars to remind me of the adventure. It amazes me how a person can go from being perfectly healthy, to knocking on death's door, open heart surgery to have a heart pump implanted, open heat surgery to have the heart pump explanted, to being perfectly healthy again in one years time.  :birdie:

• Like 9